Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Groomed and now pain when I lift him

• 13-12-2013 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I have a little maltese dog , 2 years old, he got groomed today, and as he is such a tiny dog, he has had a pervious injury on his back leg, which hasn't given him bother in months now,
    He has started crying in the last couple of hours being lifted, I rang the vet/groomer to see if anything happened while he was in there and she said no, other then he did cry a bit when she lifted his pervious injured leg, however it seems the be his chest that sore when I am lifting him, but can't be sure, but that's the only place my hand is???
    Sorry for going on, just very worried, as he is so loved and hate to know he might be in pain?any maltese owners might be able to shed some light on it too!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Have you checked carefully to make sure he wasn't nicked by the clippers?

If this continues then it is probably a good idea to get him checked out just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Niamhath

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    Have you checked carefully to make sure he wasn't nicked by the clippers?

If this continues then it is probably a good idea to get him checked out just in case.

Hi, no haven't checked him for nick, but will do now, didn't think of that coz when I rang the vet/groomer said notting happened but will defo check that's now, great idea, thanks so much!!
    So upsetting to see them in any sort of pain

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

If his old injury is irritating him, I'd think it's likely that picking him up could hurt the leg, as it changes position and assumes a hanging position when you lift? I know many a dog with painful joints that hate the act of being lifted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

Be sure to check everywhere for cuts/scrapes from the clippers - an easy place to get cut is the armpits.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 quistissme

Could be unappropriated handling your dog.

• Advertisement
Advertisement