Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding an account

Options
  • 13-12-2013 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I am trying to add my boyfriends account to mine so I am able to put €5 etc into his account if needed but I am having difficulty finding where to do this online. 

I've clicked to add a SEPA payee, and it is asking for a BIC and IBN number so I am not sure if this is the right option for my query. My mother added me to her account not too long ago and it didn't ask for BIC or an IBN when she did this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks, Hannah.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sean

I am trying to add my boyfriends account to mine so I am able to put €5 etc into his account if needed but I am having difficulty finding where to do this online. 

I've clicked to add a SEPA payee, and it is asking for a BIC and IBN number so I am not sure if this is the right option for my query. My mother added me to her account not too long ago and it didn't ask for BIC or an IBN when she did this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks, Hannah.
    Hi hannahryan19,

Thanks for contacting us through Boards.

Bank of Ireland 365 online has been changed to meet requirements set out under the SEPA regulation.  For more information please see here

You are correct selecting to add a SEPA Transfer payee.  Instead of asking for an Account number and Sort code, we now require an IBAN and BIC/Swift code.   Once you have the Account number and Sort code you will be able to obtain the IBAN and BIC/Swift code by using the BIC/IBAN Calculator.

Hope this helps.

Seán

Advertisement