Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fluke Drench

Options
  • 13-12-2013 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

Hi have had the rams with the ewes since Nov 1st. I was going to bring them in from the fields and drench them for fluke and let them back to the fields.
    However I was wondering is it safe to drench ewe that should be in lamb?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Vandy West

Think it will say on the box if your not supposed to give it to pregnant ewes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

derferjam wrote: »
    Hi have had the rams with the ewes since Nov 1st. I was going to bring them in from the fields and drench them for fluke and let them back to the fields.
    However I was wondering is it safe to drench ewe that should be in lamb?

I used this on mine after the ram:

https://www.agridirect.ie/uploadedfiles/products/tribex-5/Tribex-5.pdf

Section 4.7 says it's safe for pregnant sheep.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭J.O. Farmer

Drenching for fluke should not be a problem with any product you like just make sure it covers immature fluke. The only thing that you should do is try to keep stress to a minimum when handling the ewes.
    I think that by not treating for fluke would be more detrimental to your lamb yield than dosing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭J.O. Farmer

Drenching for fluke should not be a problem with any product you like just make sure it covers immature fluke. The only thing that you should do is try to keep stress to a minimum when handling the ewes.
    I think that by not treating for fluke would be more detrimental to your lamb yield than dosing.

Advertisement