Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panda waste price increase........

Options
  • 13-12-2013 9:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭

I have being with panda just before they got the contract for fingal.

I have being on a lower rate than customers who came from fingal and have being ever since today when they said due to landfill charges going up from €50 per ton to €75 per ton that now my rate is going up from €80 per year to €110 per year.

When I add up the new rate plus bin lift rates (2 per month) its now €318.80 per year which got me thinking of switching as this seems a bit much and I'm sick to death of being ripped off.

What company's that collect from dublin 15 area are cheaper.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Oxigen are 20 per month for fortnightly collection of black and green (no brown) bins.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The problem with not having a brown bin is what do you do with grass cuttings? I think what annoyed me most about the letter from Panda was how they said I'll still continue to get the discounted rate for each lift, €8.70 instead of €9.35. Big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

You can dispose of your grass cuttings for free in the recycling centre in Coolmine or get a composter.

There's a composter in the back garden that he previous owners left behind. I have zero intention of ever using it as I have no use for compost. And obviously I'm just too lazy to bring the cuttings up to Coolmine. :pac:

We put the black bin out on average every 3 weeks. So say 18 lifts a year at 8.70 a go plus the 110 annual charge works out at 267, against 240 for Oxigen with no brown bin. It just about works out OK for us, but if you put your black bin out more often it would be worth considering switching.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

We've switched to Oxigen as we do put the black bin out more often.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Murt10

We were also with Panda and switched over to the Citybin co earlier this year.

3 bins, black, brown and green. They also text the wife the night before to remind her to tell me to put the bins out,

Murt10 wrote: »
    They also text the wife the night before to remind her to tell me to put the bins out,

Very thoughtful of them. :D

I've seen them around occasionally, but unfortunately never where we are.

Zaph wrote: »
    Very thoughtful of them. :D

I've seen them around occasionally, but unfortunately never where we are.

They only do certain estates and even though they collect from the one two minutes from me they won't come up into this estate to collect. Makes no sense... you'd think they didn't want the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

January wrote: »
    Oxigen are 20 per month for fortnightly collection of black and green (no brown) bins.

Do they charge a yearly fee as well?
    or it is just €20 a month and you're sorted?

No yearly fee, 20 euro per month (well 60 quarterly) and you're sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭ozmo

Got a letter saying Panda bin charges will be increased to 110 euros a year Plus 8.70 euros a lift

And a note to say we are lucky as it was nearly going to be 9.35 a lift.

What are the options to switch would anyone know?

thanks.

“Roll it back”

Oxigen - 20 per month for fortnightly collections of black and green bins.

Depending on part of D15, Citybin do some parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭ozmo

January wrote: »
    Oxigen - 20 per month for fortnightly collections of black and green bins.

Depending on part of D15, Citybin do some parts.

Hmm - good bit cheaper alright -
    they dont have a charge on the lift weight as well do they?

Also - the brown bins policy may change soon - EU directive to say they must do brown bins is on the way to being enforced in the new year (if I caught RTE news right last night).

“Roll it back”

ozmo wrote: »
    Hmm - good bit cheaper alright -
    they dont have a charge on the lift weight as well do they?

Also - the brown bins policy may change soon - EU directive to say they must do brown bins is on the way to being enforced in the new year (if I caught RTE news right last night).

No, no charge on the lift weight, although there may be a max one but I've never been caught out and my bins would be full to the brim all the time.

No brown bin yet but I'm sure if it comes in we'll here something from them before the price is changed... hopefully they'll introduce it for free for the first while anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 the big show

This shows what privitisation does

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 969 ✭✭✭JacquesDeLad

Imagine a group scheme where the recyclables paid for the landfill.

It would require way too much effort.. for idle folk.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

When I put my Panda black bin with tag out last night, I noticed a fair number of other Panda black bins had no tags on them but were still collected this morning. Why would Panda still collect them without the tags?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

They more than likely have a chip in them so don't need to use tags.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Cecil73

Anyone have the Panda collection calendar for 2014 (Castleknock Park area)?

If you have your account number and PIN (both on your bill), you can get your calendar on the Panda website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

They more than likely have a chip in them so don't need to use tags.

Do Panda operate the chip tech ? Surely if they did, that would be the end of those poxy tags ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

They do, if you moved to Panda when they first started your bin is chipped and no need for a tag. If you didn't move until you had to the bins were chipped some time last year or the year before but you still need a tag.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

Ring Panda. Have your latest Bill to hand with your account number & get the ID number of the black bin (label on bin).
    Then ask/request to have bin picked up & charged to your account. That ends the need for tags. But only if your bin has been chipped & by discretion of the Route Manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

It says on their website that they're working on putting a chip in everyone's bins over the next few months but I don't know how recently that was put up.

Put it ages ago, as I said the guys came around a long time ago and chipped ours, we had to leave all 3 of them overnight. But we still need to buy the bin tag, and yet our neighbour across the road who was with them from the beginning doesn't. I rang last year asking about paying by lift electronically but was told it's still not ready, didn't make sense to me at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

ongarboy wrote: »
    When I put my Panda black bin with tag out last night, I noticed a fair number of other Panda black bins had no tags on them but were still collected this morning. Why would Panda still collect them without the tags?

No tag = no lift.

Due to tag theft people now tend to only tag the bin first thing in the morning.

T-Maxx wrote: »
    No tag = no lift.

As was said, some long time customers have chips and don't need tags.

Advertisement