Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re: Arrears being put onto gas account rather than electricity - help.

Options
  • 13-12-2013 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

This morning I received a letter stating that the bank refused a direct debit for my last gas bill, which is  not combined with my electricity bill (which was to have the arrears added on to it, not the gas - as the latter was to be paid by direct debit). I made this clear when I signed up for gas with Electric Ireland). I had checked my bank statement and a dd had gone through for the amount of gas i had used. 
    Why was the amount added to gas rather than electricity when my whole reason for dd gas was that I could stay on top of it.
    On signup, I had mentioned the PAYG meter for the electricity.
    The letter i received today said that there would be another dd taken out on xmas day. My question is - why was this put on to a bill that is up to date ( I have a different account no for electricity). Had I known this, I would have signed the gas to bord gais and that way the arrears would have gone onto the account that they should have been on. How do I get it switched. 
    I can't risk having my gas turned off (esp when it is paid up and I am managing to budget for it).
    Help - please - 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi taoiseachhutch,

Thanks for your message.
    On signup, I had mentioned the PAYG meter for the electricity.

While in the case of gas, a pay as you go (PAYG) meter can be installed upon request, in the case of electricity the determination of customer eligibility is governed by the Commission for Energy Regulation's (CER) decisions and directions. Suppliers assess customers who are eligible for a PAYG meter and will make direct contact with them.
    The letter i received today said that there would be another dd taken out on xmas day. My question is - why was this put on to a bill that is up to date

In general, if we receive sufficient notice (6 working days) we can defer collection of a direct debit to a more suitable date. My understanding of the above is that you only have a direct debit active for gas, and not electricity? And that you were already an electricity customer before you signed your gas over to Electric Ireland?

To be of further help, we would need to have a look at the accounts in question. Please feel free to send us a private message with your details (incl. account no., address, and contact no. for account security) so we can look into this.

Thanks,
    David

Advertisement