Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2014 Draft

Options
  • 14-12-2013 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

With the playoffs in full swing, I thought it might be a good idea to get some discussion going about the upcoming draft.

What needs are you hoping to address in the draft and is there anyone in particular you have your eye on (although if people have been scouting in detail they may be reluctant to share this)?

Personally, I don't have any huge needs. Brees will most likely retire but after trading for Tyler Bray (remind me to sort out that 2nd round draft pick for you Perrin when we get to the offseason) and giving him some reps in order to upgrade him slightly I'd be happy enough going into season two with him under center.

Aside from that my team is very solid across the board but getting older in some spots, particularly at linebacker, so as things stand I will be looking to address that in the first round. Although there's one or two key players on the O-line and at FS that I hope re-sign with me in the offseason or my draft focus may change.

What about you?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

My opponent last night said we were in for some major retirements. Judging by what happened in another league. Be interesting. I don't want to say who exactly I'm scouting but ill need some defence.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Probably just go with best available,have 3 2nd rounders though,might try to use them to move up a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Defense, Offense is fine if i can resign nearly all of them, need MLB's and possibly a RE and LE with speed, really need to start getting to opponents QB's, gave up huge yardage through the air in this past season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

A MLB who has excellent coverage skills, not sure will Daryl Smith come back to me :(

A right tackle, Michael Oher is a FA and will cost $$$ that I don't have. Not critical as I run left 90% of the time. ;)

A DT but I find these are the best value players in FA. There is always quality left, nobody scrambles for them. I'm terrible at Madden but take great pride in run defense! :cool:

Hell I'll spend a pick on a punter too, Sam Koch is costing me 3 million each year and looking at being cut to save cap space. Punters deserve to be drafted too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Punters are people too!

Assuming I resign everyone I want to I'll be in the market for Linebackers and would be willing to trade high picks to get them off people if there was interest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Raoul

Looks like I am going to lose Devin Hester. So I would be looking at getting another speedy WR.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

MLB for me, titans have a glaring hole there, will prob go DE in the 2nd round, i think im ok otherwise

MLB for me, titans have a glaring hole there, will prob go DE in the 2nd round, i think im ok otherwise

You dont need anybody, Just stick Chris Johnson back there. :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

You dont need anybody, Just stick Chris Johnson back there. :D

Pipe down over there!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Seems that linebacker is a position a lot of us will be looking at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Paully D wrote: »
    Seems that linebacker is a position a lot of us will be looking at.

So my first round pick is going to be quite valuable,who wants it?

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Think ill be trying to get a guard and maybe a QB as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

For the Giants I think the main thing I'll be looking at is the right side of the o-line. Then maybe the secondary and replacing whoever doesn't want to play anymore :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

Haven't a clue where I'm going with pick 16 that likely excludes a QB and i have gotten Weeden up to 85 ovr other areas of need include guard so thats so likely where I'm looking depending on who is in free agency.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Just go with best available I think

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Just go with best available I think

Your the champion, you dont need players, leave the best available for the rest of us.

Looking forward to this now, i know who i want so just have to sit back and watch the CPU's take em.

Anybody got a spare 2nd round pick available.....and im missing a 4th wherever thats gone

Ravens are 16 and I'm looking to move back to 20-25 ish

Make me an offer :)

Ill give you my first and a fifth rounder for that pick mikemac

What pick do you own? Which number in the 1st round?

If you don't know the exact number maybe just reply with your record and I'll estimate it

• Advertisement

I lost in the wildcard game, had a 11-6 record I think.

I'll have a look and come back to you tonight

Think I'm 21/22 area.

Yep, 21/22 sounds about right for a one & done team.

In the real draft it would take a huge amount more then a late fifth to move up 6 spots in the 1st round. Top half of the 1st round and you are pretty much guranteed a starter.

I can do the deal for your 1st, your 5th and your 7th. Realy you won't be doing much with your 7th anyway.

I think that's fair?

Gonna think about this, it will be based on if I can get a couple of FA players as I'm short a good few positions ATM.

Cool, will check back with you after the next FA advance

im around 13/14 i think.. may trade Johnson :p

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

As I wont be around for the draft the Pats 1st round pick is up for grabs.
    Looking for a CB or DT or make me an offer and see

guns4all wrote: »
    As I wont be around for the draft the Pats 1st round pick is up for grabs.
    Looking for a CB or DT or make me an offer and see

What pick do you have guns?

• Advertisement

I might trade Matthews 99!

Advertisement