Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Error

Options
  • 14-12-2013 12:09am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,277 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi
    What does this error message mean please?

"display driver has stopped responding but has recovered"

The screen keeps freezing every couple of minutes and this message appears bottom right hand corner.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,277 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

It's a very generic error unfortunately, can be caused by a huge range of issues from hardware, software, unstable overclocks to driver problems.

Does it happen randomly or in specific situations?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,277 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

marco_polo wrote: »
    It's a very generic error unfortunately, can be caused by a huge range of issues from hardware, software, unstable overclocks to driver problems.

Does it happen randomly or in specific situations?

First time I noticed it tonight,was grand all the week,its happening every few minutes :( really annoying

None of my steam games are working either :( they keep crashing to the desktop.

also the highlighted bit,Is that artifacting?

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b320/drummer_dude_19/Untitled_zpsbb533975.png

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Hard to say for certain if that is artifacing but it does look like it, I'd start off with the standard full driversweeper removal (in safe mode)/ reinstall and see how that goes.

As it is crashing in plain old 2D mode, I wouldn't be too confident that this will resolve it TBH, especially if you haven't updated/installed anything around the OS/drivers in the past day or so, but it really is step 101 in a situation like this.

No harm to check your temperatures with some monitoring software like GPU-z as well.

• Advertisement

I downloaded that GPU-Z

[URL="[IMG]http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/13/12/14/c2a.png[/IMG]"]c2a.png[/URL]

8d0.png

Look ok?

Got onto psc who I brought the pc off and there gonna send me out a card.

Got onto psc who I brought the pc off and there gonna send me out a card.

Thats pretty good service anyway, and I suspect the most likely to be a hardware problem the card has developed ,

Everthing did look in order on GPUz temp wise at least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Would have gone re-installing drivers first myself; beta if it's newer.

I have that nvidia control panel thing though and it was telling me it up todate ,the second I told your man there was artifacting and games were crashoing to desktop he said they'd send me a replacement .I just hope now the courier comes Tuesday to pick it up

• Advertisement

Should I uninstall the drivers for my faulty grAphics card? before I install new one?I have an onboard card and thats how I can keep using pc to surf etc.

Advertisement