Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPad 4 not Charging

• 14-12-2013 2:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else had this problem, or better still a solution!
    My iPad is dead and is not charging, when I plug it in a red battery symbol appears, followed shortly by the apple symbol and then it powers off and repeats.
    This has only been happening today, was fine last night.
    Have tried pressing the home and sleep button but nothing, and have checked for dust in the connection, but nothing....HELP!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Try a different charger and leave it for a while. The red battery just means it's really low.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Are you using the apple iPad charger from an electric socket?

The iPhone chargers look the same but don't carry enough power to charge the newer iPads, and most computer USB ports also don't put out enough power to charge an iPad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Neadine

Zcott wrote: »
    Try a different charger and leave it for a while. The red battery just means it's really low.

Had left it on charge for hours, all that happened was the red battery symbol followed my the apple symbol, followed by the rotating circle power of symbol, and repeat over and over and over....

Are you using the apple iPad charger from an electric socket?

The iPhone chargers look the same but don't carry enough power to charge the newer iPads, and most computer USB ports also don't put out enough power to charge an iPad.

Yep, used 3 different chargers plugged into wall socket and tried laptop USB, but nothing other the repeating symbols

And the warranty expired about 3 weeks ago :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I am having this exact same problem with my iphone 3gs.... :( any help would be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭ozmo

If its showing red battery graphic then its just not charging- no other solution but to find a charger and more likey a charger cable thats working. Make sure any added case is not preventing the plug from going in all the way.

Look for one with 10w(watts) on the back(tiny writing) - or 2A(amps)
    Anything else will take ages

Otherwise it could be the socket got damaged on the device...

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Red battery doesn't mean it's not charging. My iPhone 5 always shows that after it goes dead and I plug it in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 Celtic_Repairs

Hi

You may have a software issue here thats stopping the ipad from charging up. Since it won't go into itunes in normal mode, that means you can't take a back up of it so the next step will wipe all your data of it, but may get it back working again.

The ipad needs a complete restore otherwise know as a DFU. it restores the ios on the ipad and the firmware that holds the ios. AGAIN all data will be gone of the ipad.

DFU steps

1. plug it into itunes
    2. hold the power button and the home button together, count to 9 in your head (or out loud if you wish)
    3. At the count of 9 let go the power button but keep holding the home button
    4 The ipad screen will be black, nothing on it. The driver will load into your laptop/pc, itunes will pick it up in restore mode. let go the home button
    5. click restore and update. it goes through itself

So if it had a corrupt ios this will fix it. If it gives an error back try it again and then try it on another pc.
    If it doesn't go through, it would have to opened up and a possible battery change may fix it

DFU can be done on any ipad/iphone/ipod and solves lots of issue's with the device's

Hope this will help you to fix the ipad

Advertisement