Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 16 Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Myhill has gone from 3 saves to 2 and lost his save point. Thats one point less for my FFS cup opponent.

He leads me by 20 points going into tomorrow and he just has Suarez left. I have Suarez too so I need to get 20 points from Mignolet, Fer, and Rooney (c) basically need 2 goals or 1 goal with a Fer assist or Mig CS to get up there. A Rooney blank will see me go out though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Bonus Points added

Got 5 as expected

34 with 6 to come off the bench. Mig, Fer, Suarez and Rooney (c) to play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

51 with 2 for tomorrow.

11 on bench in the shape of Whittingham is a sickener.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭G1032

Ended up with 55 and just Suarez left to play.

• Advertisement

hmmm.. 49 with Captain Suarez to go.

Rival has 36 and Suarez, Dawson and Rooney (c) to play...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

54 points with Mig and Suarez left.

FFS Cup opponent is on 40 with Redmond, Suarez and Rooney (c) left.

So he needs 14 from Redmond and Rooney (c). I can see him getting that from Rooney alone tbh. Villa are brutal at the back IMO.

I don't think Mig will keep a clean sheet. I'm hoping for some save bonuses though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭skippy15

Only 42 but with Suarez fer Johnson and captain Rooney so seems decent so fat.
    Took a risk and doubled on McGregor and Chester so delighted there,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

42 with Mig and Suarez (c) to play. Bit rubbish short of a nearly-Christmas miracle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Guy in my money league captained Coleman :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

38 with Dawson and Suarez to play, bracing for red arrows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

53 with Suarez and Bacuna to play.

Hmmmmm.

A single goal from Suarez will do. Bacuna, run riot.

A lad in mine captained Lampard and had Coleman vice capt. He has Ramsey coming off the bench for Lampard too.

Thats running well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Count yourself lucky he didn't get a CS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

3 bps from Walcott and Coleman brings me to 46 with Redmond, Suarez, Mig, Walker and Kagawa to play. Minimum should be 60 hopefully. Could do with another differential showing from Kagawa and Redmond

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

average is 30 at the moment, should be up against 40 at least by the end of the gw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

41 with just Suarez left to play. Could be a lot better and not very happy with how my team is at the moment but with 2 free transfers this week I hope to remedy things a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

45 with Mig, Mickey T, Howson, Rooney and Suarez to go. Sitting in 105k tonight, dare I dream to break 100k by this time tomorrow? I'll take victory in the FSA first but I'm 15 points behind with just Suarez to go for Yeats in that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

People said I was crazy when I sold Terry for Ben Turner the same night Terry scored for Chelsea, it's one my very few success stories of the season so far.

#WeAllDreamOfATeamFullOfTurners

I was at -4 and so tempted to get Turner in for Terry. If I had a euro for every time I read on a website or forum this week that it was "not the time to sell Terry before Palace at home" I'd be a rich and less frustrated man..... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

GREEN arrows for 42 points? Unexpected. Back into the top 50k I go. If Suarez can somehow manage two goals tomorrow, I'll be delighted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

KevIRL wrote: »
    A lad in mine captained Lampard and had Coleman vice capt. He has Ramsey coming off the bench for Lampard too.

Thats running well

Yep wondering are you in my league.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

51 with Dawson, Shelvey and Suarez to go. Lukaku (C) only getting 1 assist of Everton's 4 goals is annoying but can't complain overall. Seems another very decent score for the moment. Don't know if I'll see green or red arrows being just outside the top 5k...

Transfer wise, I'm glad I did not sell one of my big 3 "RamOzYa" (thanks Dempsey for teh advice) and can't believe I have to write that I'm disappointed I did not do Terry->Chester :rolleyes:...
    It will certainly be done this week and my other FT could well be Aguero out...

- edit -

Went up. Inside top 3.5k now :eek:. Wow. An average Rooney perf tomorrow should suit me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

On just 36 with Rooney (c), Dawson and Suarez to play.

No green arrows to be had, down from 53k to 67k so far. Yaya and especially Coleman continue to kill me in my pay league. Selling Seamus while in a Donegal pay league not my best move!

On the plus side I'm 36 all in FFS Cup and the other guy only has Suarez and Paulinho to play. That could go either way but seeing as I was smirking at him playing Merts till the goal I'd expected to be done and dusted by now.

Need Rooney to do well.

Most annoying thing today is Aguero injury, that's the end of Rooney being my differential over Xmas. With RVP out EVERYONE will have Suarez, Rooney and Lukaku for the next while...... :mad:

Down 6K places to 26K. Actually pleased it was only 6K, still with the 4 players including capt to go and 6 point autosub

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

Posted this in the price changes thread but will post it here as there's probably more traffic...

Quick question for those in the know...

I bought Aguero in Gameweek 3 when he was worth 11.1. Now he is worth 12.5 in the market but to me he is only worth 11.8 if I go to transfer him out. Not sure why this is the case as he has not been worth 11.8 since 5 gameweeks ago.

Now if he's injured for a few weeks; I'll want to get rid of him but I don't want to lose out on the points increase he got over the last few weeks. How long will it be until he gets up to the current market value for me? I'm not really sure how that works... Also, if he drops to say 12.2 in the next week or two how will that affect his value for me?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

Padkir wrote: »
    Posted this in the price changes thread but will post it here as there's probably more traffic...

I bought Aguero in Gameweek 3 when he was worth 11.1. Now he is worth 12.5 in the market but to me he is only worth 11.8 if I go to transfer him out. Not sure why this is the case as he has not been worth 11.8 since 5 gameweeks ago.

Now if he's injured for a few weeks; I'll want to get rid of him but I don't want to lose out on the points increase he got over the last few weeks. How long will it be until he gets up to the current market value for me? I'm not really sure how that works... Also, if he drops to say 12.2 in the next week or two how will that affect his value for me?

Thanks in advance.

You only get half the increase (rounded down). Since you bought him he has gone up 1.4m, therefore you only get half the increase if you get him ie: 11.1 purchase price + 0.7 (half the increase).

If he falls to 12.2 the increase would only be 1.1 and you would only get 0.5 so selling price would be 11.6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Thanks in advance.
    If a player you have rises by 0.2 you only get 0.1 and if he drops by 0.1 you take the full value. Thems the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭GillespieRoad

Thanks in advance.

Straight from rules on fpl
    The price shown on your transfers page is a player's selling price. This selling price may be less than the player's current purchase price as a sell-on fee of 50% (rounded up to the nearest £0.1m) will be applied on any profits made on that player.

For example, if you buy a player for £8.3m and when you transfer him his price is £9.0m, his selling price will be £8.6m.

Essentially a measure to stop inflation, unfortunately us early buyers are stuck at his 50% add on price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Only up 126k places.

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

45 points with Suarez (C) and Mignolet to play. Up 600 odd places to 3.3k overall.

2 free transfers, probably Aguero to Rooney and Terry to Burner. Would give me some funds towards turning Brady into a Silva or Walcott.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    45 points with Suarez (C) and Mignolet to play. Up 600 odd places to 3.3k overall.

2 free transfers, probably Aguero to Rooney and Terry to Burner. Would give me some funds towards turning Brady into a Silva or Walcott.

Would you pick B Turner over one of the Sunderland lads? Trying to think of who to get in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

thunderdog wrote: »
    Would you pick B Turner over one of the Sunderland lads? Trying to think of who to get in

I already have Gabbidon so the plan is Turner to get me some of that tasty Palace/Cardiff rotation action. A Norwich and Sunderland keeper/defender is also on my medium-term radar as I look to cheapen my backline, with Mignolet and Santon not delivering value for money.

Up from 9k to 4k. I expect to fall tomorrow when Rooney plays. Hopefully wont fall back down to where I was or below it though.

Even if Aguero is injured and its confirmed tomorrow, I won't be bringing Rooney in until after the Carling Cup game Wednesday night. Too much risk of injury for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I hate bemoaning luck in this game, but how Remy didn't score 2 today is beyond me.

SlickRic wrote: »
    I hate bemoaning luck in this game, but how Remy didn't score 2 today is beyond me.

Not sure luck comes into a player being off form tbh. That's his third blank in a row.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭tom_k

My 56 points so far have seen me rise nearly 50000 places. I'm pretty sure though that by tomorrow night my grin will have rotated 180° as I have no Rooney and captain Lukaku didn't deliver quite as much as I'd have liked.

Hoping for a Mignolet clean sheet tomorrow as he's kinda become a differential for me in my private leagues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

41 with Suarez & Shelvey left to play. Delighted that Mert and Zab got me some points, didn't think I'd be getting anything from my defence this week.

Mostly red arrows after yesterday, a few grey but not a green in sight. Lets go Rooney and Fer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

My christmas party hangover has been slightly relieved by the discovery that I got 61 points yesterday. Top 9000 for the gameweek. Suarez to play.

Mostly red arrows after yesterday, a few grey but not a green in sight. Lets go Rooney and Fer

I really need Rooney to fail to have a chance in FFS Cup. Can't see it happening though.

One Rooney goal and 3 bonus will net my opponent 18 and I'm only 14 ahead.

• Advertisement

Lemlin wrote: »
    I really need Rooney to fail to have a chance in FFS Cup. Can't see it happening though.

One Rooney goal and 3 bonus will net my opponent 18 and I'm only 14 ahead.

And I need Rooney to get at least 1 goal, but ideally more to close a 20 point gap in my FFS cup game.

Ah well at least one of us will be in the hat for the next round. Good luck!

And I need Rooney to get at least 1 goal, but ideally more to close a 20 point gap in my FFS cup game.

Ah well at least one of us will be in the hat for the next round. Good luck!

The odds are stacked in your favour tbh. The Chester clean sheet yesterday evening is what I reckon will be the beating of me.

If Mig wants to keep a clean sheet and save a peno it'd be nice as well.

Lemlin wrote: »
    The odds are stacked in your favour tbh. The Chester clean sheet yesterday evening is what I reckon will be the beating of me.

If Mig wants to keep a clean sheet and save a peno it'd be nice as well.

I dunno, I always prefer to have points on the board than be chasing. 20 points from 3 players required, even though one of them is my captain its never a gimme

I dunno, I always prefer to have points on the board than be chasing. 20 points from 3 players required, even though one of them is my captain its never a gimme

My hope is for a relatively quiet day but I can only see United stuffing Villa. Rooney will be heavily involved if they do. He's on free kicks, penos, will more than likely be up top.

United will be keen to bounce back after their last two losses and Villa are no Everton or even Newcastle at the back.

Would be great to see Liverpool and Spurs play out a nil all but I see Spurs scoring and Suarez getting at least one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

40-16 point hit sees me slide back to 80k from 49k. Fer, Migs and Suarez to play

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭orkkukunkku

51 (-4) and Suarez and Rooney (c) still to play. If Rooney brings the goods I ll break to 100K

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I'm reasonably happy that I only fell 4k places to around 60k with my 38 points, I'd feared more of a drop. Dawson and Suarez to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

FutureGuy wrote: »
    40-16 point hit sees me slide back to 80k from 49k. Fer, Migs and Suarez to play

16 point hit?

I've fallen back to 90k after an average 40(-4). Captain Suarez and Coutinho to do the business today against Spurs please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I'll miss the games today. When I log back on at around 6pm I want to see that Rooney (C) has run wild, oh and Suarez too but since everyone has him that won't make much of a difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shayno90

On 49(-4) with Rooney(C), Suarez, Davies left to play :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement