Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 16 Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Hopefully not as i would love to stay inside 100k, 8 weeks of green arrows, dreamland!

My main private league is full of Suarez captainers, must be all Pool fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Coutinho is a great player, but he's never gonna be one of those ones who does well on the the likes of FPL.

Please expand, why do you think that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

garra wrote: »
    Please expand, why do you think that?

Liverpool just scored 5 and he didn't even get an assist.

Have Flanagan, Suarez (C) and Mig

You must be delighted with your haul after that fantastic Pool performance :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Lemlin wrote: »
    Liverpool just scored 5 and he didn't even get an assist.

He was heavily involved in many of the attacks though which would indicate that those will turn into goals and assists over the course of time. Not enough to justify the price he is at, and I won't be touching him accordingly, but he is the sort of player to get a good haul of FF points, just not as many as the other players in his price bracket.

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I'm not even a tiniest bit annoyed I didn't captain him. Aguero and Lukaku were better choices. I was never captaining Suarez this week.

Humiliating for Spurs.

Lad in 4th in my Money league will get 106 this week.

Not even a little bit annoyed? Impressive detachment if so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

69 for the week. Not great. Aguero's injury has done untold damage to my score and team. I'm off to transfer the shit out of that Dawson lad. An absolute poisonous footballer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

90 in the end but im disappointed by my captain choice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

First time hitting triple figures in a couple of years

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

95 points all done. Seems like Suarez as captain may be a bit of a differential this week so should rise from my 3.3k overnight position. Mignolets long overdue clean sheet was very welcome too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

82 all in, but angry that I took the armband off suarez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

77. More ground lost. FML.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

92. Pretty happy. 44 of those were Suarez's. Should see me properly back into the top 50k because quite a few people don't seem to have captained him.

G1032 wrote: »
    77. More ground lost. FML.

77 aint that bad, over reaction?

heh.

49 points yesterday. 1 player left. Finished on 93.
    Closest rival had 36 and 3 to play. Finished on 67

One of those weeks I love this game!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Finished on 63,was going to captain Suarez but went for Hazard in the "easier game",ah well.Made ground in some leagues & lost it in others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

78 points, but could have been so much better, never not captaining Suarez again.

dahat wrote: »
    77 aint that bad, over reaction?

No. Lost more ground on leaders in private leagues. That's the bottom line really. 77 being a good or bad score is all relative to each individual on here. Could have been even worse though if I didn't have Walcott

G1032 wrote: »
    No. Lost more ground on leaders in private leagues. That's the bottom line really. 77 being a good or bad score is all relative to each individual on here. Could have been even worse though if I didn't have Walcott

Fair enough, like me you are stuck in a Suarez captain every game league i'd say.

dahat wrote: »
    Fair enough, like me you are stuck in a Suarez captain every game league i'd say.

Ya. A few ahead had him captain but look, it's all my own fault being in the position I'm in. Kinda looking forward to the Christmas games though. Hope to make some ground up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

garra wrote: »
    Not even a little bit annoyed? Impressive detachment if so

Nope. I did my homework and I felt Lukaku or Aguero had a better chance.

I honestly felt that Spurs and AVB would have the tactical awareness to completely smother Liverpool in midfield (no Gerrard) and focus on reducing supply to Suarez. Not only did they not manage, they didn't even try. They let Liverpool win in midfield and the rest was a given.

I'd be annoyed if I hadn't done my homework and I chose Lukaku or Aguero and didn't try to work out who was the best.

You get days like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

It was the week I thought captaining Lukaku would allow me to make up some ground on people who would keep with Suarez.

Finished on 70 which is grand but could have been a lot more. Luckily guys ahead of me in my main two leagues made similar mistakes so it hasn't cost me too much I don't think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

17 points worse off than if I had captained Suarez. I went for Aguero and still think that wasn't a bad decision - very unlucky with the injury because he definitely would have been further involved in the goal feast. Don't think I've been damaged too badly in my leagues.

Not taking the captaincy off him again though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

59. That is going to hurt in the morning.

Lads ye won't be captaining Suarez for the rest of the season. There's another 22 games left. Relax.

Let's not forget he drew a blank v Hull not so long ago. He will have his ups and downs.

I captained Aguero, he was the obvious choice really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Thank you Luis. 87 for the week keeps me in the running, should push me up nearer 50k. Coutinho getting 3 points is a wake up call. Himself, Nasri & Terry are all walking the plank but will have to wait due to Aguero's injury.

Bit annoyed I took a 4 point hit to get Howard (2) in for Mig (6), perfect timing as always! Think its still the correct move long term. Happy enough my Chester move worked out with a clean sheet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Fair play to the Suarez captainers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

80 points all done, never really considered Suarez as capt so cant complain about his haul, although thought Rooney would have done better than 5 pts.

Out of the FFS cup :(, gutted about that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Average updated 55 happy with my 71 so, another who didnt captain Suarez

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

76 points, and Saurez wasn't even captain. He will be from now on though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

15 points off the highest score, I'll probably never get closer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm gutted. Not only do I have Paulinho in my team, not only do I have Dawson in my team, not only did I almost go with Suarez as captain but switch to Lukaku at the last moment, but I have Flanagan on the bench as my first sub.

Aaaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

A nice round 100 thanks to captain Luis.

Into the top 100 in the boards league:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Well done all the Suarez captainers. This is the one thing i dislike about this game. You can agonise about transfers, your 15 and starting 11 but at the end of the day it's the pot luck of captain choice which determines whether you succeed. This week is a good example of this.

Looking at the positives for myself, my pretty weak 67 only sees me drop from 53k to 67, although I'll slump well down my pay league as Coleman kills me there too. I'd been expecting to exit the top 100k.

Plus I won again in the FFS cup by a comfortable 10 points.

I'm gutted. Not only do I have Paulinho in my team, not only do I have Dawson in my team, not only did I almost go with Suarez as captain but switch to Lukaku at the last moment, but I have Flanagan on the bench as my first sub.

Aaaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhh.

No more Mr. Nice Guy tonight then!! :pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Feck sake, i will end up dropping 1k places overall after rising 40k places yesterday.

Ranked 134k overall now,not best placed tbh

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

99 points brings me up to 170k, rising steadily the last few weeks. Never broken 100 points, so close :pac:

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Popped up to 36k. Highest ranking for a few weeks. Fairly chuffed.

Down to 201,000 now after my 66. 80,000 places lost. No hope of breaking 100,000 before 2014 now.

Disaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

KevIRL wrote: »
    80 points all done, never really considered Suarez as capt so cant complain about his haul, although thought Rooney would have done better than 5 pts.

Out of the FFS cup :(, gutted about that

I won my tie 82 to 74. Am I the last person left then? Did FHFC get through?

I've fallen from 4k last night to 8k. Despite that, I'm up 1k in places for the week so not too bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Dropped 30k places since yesterday down to around 60k overall now

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

57 pts has me drop 100k places to 250k. I have had a horrendous 4 weeks have managed to fall about 100 pts behind in my money league and the top 10k which is my aim. On paper I had such a strong team this week was expecting green arrows all round its going to take a massive turnaround from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Up to 1.5k overall. Time to kick on now over the festive period!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Lemlin wrote: »
    Did FHFC get through?

See post 6 above yours. See you in the next round baby!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Up to 70k, was hoping for a bit better once it updated but third consecutive green arrow so all good. 997 points, why couldn't Coutinho have just picked up an assist!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

My GW rank was top 1k last night, it dropped to ~150k after 3 matches today, grrr. Still all green arrows though!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭GillespieRoad

Dismal score of 68, Whitingham on bench :( Down to 151 now but with a mountain of transfer troubles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Shelvey owners won't be happy with Bony if watching MOTD2.... He had 5 mins to slip a pass through for a late winner but went himself... Shocking play

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

After a great run, the last 3 weeks have been poor and I've dropped from 28k to 70k.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Got 23 from 3 today. Can't believe to say that it was pretty bad... Shelvey insignifiant 2 pointer coupled with Dawson crapfulness and Suarez not captain... Should have followed my own advice and gotten a Hull or WH def for Dawson, or even Terry...

Ah well, 74 for the week (back to 7.5k overall which amazingly over my expectations, need to play Christmas right for once) and 2 FT now. No rush tonight to ditch Aguero. Not overly satisfied. But can't complain.

• Advertisement
Advertisement