Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spanish Hot Chocolate in Cork City?

Options
  • 14-12-2013 10:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone knows somewhere in cork that sells the Spanish-style hot chocolate. I'm looking to take some home rather than get a cup in a café.
    I know O'Conaill's choc has a good rep, but it's not really what I'm looking for - I want the dark gloopy stuff you dip churros in :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Gamayun

Italee on Oliver Plunkett Street do an Italian-style hot chocolate that is a lot thicker than I've seen anywhere else, you could get it in a take away cup (or two). That's the closest I've seen to what you want anyway.

Cafe Mexicana in Carey's Lane might be worth a shot too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

Aldi sell it too.. Way thicker than normal stuff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

You'll get Cola Cao on eBay via Parcel Motel, but it won't be cheap. Good way to keep Spanish au pairs happy though. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭steel_spine

Aldi sell it too.. Way thicker than normal stuff.

Is it back in Aldi? I got some there a while back but never saw it again since, I figured it was one of their random special offers, never to be seen again.

Advertisement