Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BCW and 3 Network

Options
  • 14-12-2013 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi

After i finished my contract with 3 an unpaid bill was due, i forgot about this during the summer as i had a lot going on.. until i received a letter recently from BCW debt collectors saying i owed €140.

I rung and asked for the bill breakdown. They acknowledged and send me a copy of my last 3 Bill for €38. I contacted 3 and was told i only only owed 38 and had to deal with BCW.

I sent cheque to BCW for 38 and recently received a letter threatening court judgement if i dont pay the outstanding balance of 102.
    Contacted BCW who extremely rude said that they dont know what the 102 is for and it's 3 network chasing me for this and 3 will pursue me for balance. i asked for a invoice of this and i'd pay it, they refused, they wouldnt tell me what it was for and i had to contact 3 but i had to pay it.

I got through to 3 collection dept. and they told me that on 4th december my outstanding bill of 38 had been payed and i owed them nothing nor do they add late penalty fee's.

So it looks like the 102 is the BCW fee. question is do i ignore them since they refuse to send me an invoice or acknowledge what it's for...or will they take me to court

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

I would be of the opinion to not pay it until they can provide an invoice and even if they do and it is their fee then I would not pay it as 3 engaged them and not you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

Billybo9 wrote: »
    Hi

After i finished my contract with 3 an unpaid bill was due, i forgot about this during the summer as i had a lot going on.. until i received a letter recently from BCW debt collectors saying i owed €140.

I rung and asked for the bill breakdown. They acknowledged and send me a copy of my last 3 Bill for €38. I contacted 3 and was told i only only owed 38 and had to deal with BCW.

I sent cheque to BCW for 38 and recently received a letter threatening court judgement if i dont pay the outstanding balance of 102.
    Contacted BCW who extremely rude said that they dont know what the 102 is for and it's 3 network chasing me for this and 3 will pursue me for balance. i asked for a invoice of this and i'd pay it, they refused, they wouldnt tell me what it was for and i had to contact 3 but i had to pay it.

I got through to 3 collection dept. and they told me that on 4th december my outstanding bill of 38 had been payed and i owed them nothing nor do they add late penalty fee's.

So it looks like the 102 is the BCW fee. question is do i ignore them since they refuse to send me an invoice or acknowledge what it's for...or will they take me to court

3 have confirmed that you have paid the balance due to them so just ignore bcw. they will not take you to court for €102 and will eventually get tired of contacting you. If they call you just hang up the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Zombie thread - locked

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement