Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neil Finn - Olympia April

Options
  • 14-12-2013 12:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭

Really interested in this one - does anyone know if he plays new stuff these days, or could you expect all of the crowded house greats?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

I saw him playing with his brother Tim a few years ago in Cork - brilliant.

You should acquaint yourself with their Split Enz days - its just as good as Crowded House.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Neil is appearing on Later with Jools on BBC2 tomorrow night at 10.

I saw him playing with his brother Tim a few years ago in Cork - brilliant.

You should acquaint yourself with their Split Enz days - its just as good as Crowded House.

+1 on both of these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Theres a nice bit of footage of Neil on Youtube with my favourite Kiwi Singer/Songwriter (Neil Finn a close 2nd!). Don McGlashan supported Crowded House a few times and think this was probably one of them.

Sorry I know its very tenuous putting this here but Don McGlashan is worth checking out, Mutton Birds, Front Lawn and the lot. Plus you get to see Neil Finn playing the Melodica!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

Neil Finn normally puts on a great show but last night he surpassed himself. Just under 3 hours with a 5 minute break. Came on at 9 and eventually left the stage just before midnight. A fair bit of the new album but a good mix of his other solo work, Split Enz and Crowdies to balance it out. And a request section at the end. Epic.

Set list: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/neil-finn/2014/olympia-theatre-dublin-ireland-33c328ed.html

I saw him on Cork last night, 2 and a half hours! Superb mix of new and old, but I felt that the songs White lies... And Divebomber should have not been played together as it kind of dragged the middle down a little. Both songs were superbly performed however - the band are gifted to say the least.
    Brought back happy memories of Finn Bros in the same venue as noted by Neil during one of his many between song stories. Wonderful and magical.

Advertisement