Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone/Laptop Cable in Waterford

Options
  • 14-12-2013 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

Hi Everyone. Want to be able to connect my iphone/laptop to my tv so I can watch netflix/horizon tv from the apps. Can anyone tell me what cable(s) I need and where in Waterford I can buy them, thanks.
    I posted over in apple forum but got no responses

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭NaNaNa1

To connect a laptop you're going to ned a HDMI cable and a tv with a HDMI slot (most newer tvs have them) I got mine in the sale last year in Harvey Norman. I'm not sure if it's the same for a Mac however.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

NaNaNa1 wrote: »
    To connect a laptop you're going to ned a HDMI cable and a tv with a HDMI slot (most newer tvs have them) I got mine in the sale last year in Harvey Norman. I'm not sure if it's the same for a Mac however.

The laptop doesn't have a hdmi connection

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

NaNaNa1 wrote: »
    To connect a laptop you're going to ned a HDMI cable and a tv with a HDMI slot

Not necessarily, there are various ways of doing this. The following link might help.
    http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/how-to-connect-your-laptop-to-a-tv/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

er1983 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone. Want to be able to connect my iphone/laptop to my tv so I can watch netflix/horizon tv from the apps. Can anyone tell me what cable(s) I need and where in Waterford I can buy them, thanks.
    I posted over in apple forum but got no responses

Get apple TV for the iPhone. €109.

You'll never look back. There may also be an app to stream the laptop through ATV. But when you get used to ATV you won't want to.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Daisy 55

You can buy a lead to connect apple devices to the TV VGA cable. I got mine from Tesco for €16. Works a treat.
    For the Laptop, a regular VGA cable is what I use. You will need a speaker too. A small wireless one is the handiest. Tesco have them also.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

7upfree wrote: »
    Get apple TV for the iPhone. €109.

You'll never look back. There may also be an app to stream the laptop through ATV. But when you get used to ATV you won't want to.:)

What do you mean Apple TV for the iphone?

What do you mean Apple TV for the iphone?

You can stream the iPhone (or iPad/iPod) to your TV using the Apple TV box. Anything that's on the phone. Wirelessly. Effectively turns any TV with a HDMI input into a Smart TV - only quicker. It also has its own portals for Netflix etc.

Have a look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnmv6e2R-tc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Ah right. I have an iPad but I'd imagine you wouldn't be able to watch films full screen?

Ah right. I have an iPad but I'd imagine you wouldn't be able to watch films full screen?

You can if you download an app called McTube (similar to YouTube). You should be able to watch any films on the device in full screen. It mimics everything you do. And is sooooooo faster than a "smart" TV.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SecretAccount

Does the laptop have a dvi or vga connection ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

Hey everyone thanks for all your help, got it sorted in the end :-) only problem is it's for the tv in bedroom so I may find it hard getting out of bed lol

Advertisement