Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man City v Arsenal, 12:45

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Twisted his knee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Hurt himself getting up, bizarre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    What is it, a gashed leg?

Looks like he twisted his knee when he slid in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

We were due a big injury. See you in 3 weeks to 1 year kosser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Moreal looking a bit weak on the left side

• Advertisement

Vermalan on a liability IMHO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Looks like Knee ligaments !!! This could be very bad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Hurt himself getting up, bizarre

I'm sure he hurt himself before getting up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

This day couldnt get any worse hope the lad isnt out for too long he s been one of our best players all season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Looks like he twisted his knee when he slid in.

It looked like he only hurt himself as he got up off the ground, very odd.

• Advertisement

Hope he doesn't miss the World Cup

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 447 ✭✭Pen.Island

What is your complete obsession with bashing Arsenal? Obsessed!

Move on.

When he slid in his leg twisted probably only kicked in when he stood up, and it sunk in we conceded

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I thought it was more a case of him not realising until he put weight on it. Strange one either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Pen.Island wrote: »
    We'll see before the end of the game if it was worth anything.
    Lovely :):):):):)
    Move on.

If you post in this thread again you'll be carded for trolling and winding people up, if you have a problem with it PM me.

dfx has already spoke to you, this is your last chance so heed the warning and do not post in this match thread again.

Wilshire giroud have been poor

These Linesmen are diabolical.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Insane Rambling

Linesmen are having a mare !

What is this linesman at, sick of poor officials.

Wilshire giroud have been poor

Giroud has been run ragged

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Toure, absolute beast.

Kos has a big cut on his knee apparently

We're 2nd best but enjoying this game

RasTa wrote: »
    Why are you cheering on City

Arsenal talking themselves as being an unreal team, thinking Ozil has transformed them. People don't remember Arsenal fans booing them off the field at Villa and now every Arsenal fan "loves this team". The way every game Arsenal fans whinge about the ref not giving them anything.

The way Arsenal fans don't see what commentators mean when they say Arsenal aren't great defensively. They're showing it again today, plenty of chances for City to score.

The way Arsenal are talked about as being a great footballing team, dominating possession but have been dominated by the last 3 teams they've played.

Liverpool fans on the other hand are second in the league and not a boo out of them. They're level headed.

Also City play excellent football and have real quality.

That lino on the far side is apalling he is, cataract eyes!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Very open game all things considered, too much so for Arsenal you'd think. City have been able to exploit a fair bit of green grass in the middle as the half wore on.

Kos has a big cut on his knee apparently

I'll take that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Arsenal talking themselves as being an unreal team, thinking Ozil has transformed them. People don't remember Arsenal fans booing them off the field at Villa and now every Arsenal fan "loves this team". The way every game Arsenal fans whinge about the ref not giving them anything.

The way Arsenal fans don't see what commentators mean when they say Arsenal aren't great defensively. They're showing it again today, plenty of chances for City to score.

The way Arsenal are talked about as being a great footballing team, dominating possession but have been dominated by the last 3 teams they've played.

Liverpool fans on the other hand are second in the league and not a boo out of them. They're level headed.

What a load of trollop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

What is this linesman at, sick of poor officials.

Both incorrect calls were incredibly close....calls you would need a replay to know for sure.

Linesmen get too much flak. It's actually more difficult than it looks. I stopped giving them stick when I had the chance to do it myself and its an eye opener.

• Advertisement

Gringo180 wrote: »
    That lino on the far side is apalling he is, cataract eyes!!

He's buckled under the pressure from fans

GavRedKing wrote: »
    If you post in this thread again you'll be carded for trolling and winding people up, if you have a problem with it PM me.

dfx has already spoke to you, this is your last chance so heed the warning and do not post in this match thread again.

Can you actually tell me what part of the charter I've broken? What a sham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

What rock are you hiding under lol

Back to Skyrim for 15 mins, cant be listening to the panel on Bt Sports

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

What a load of rubbish.

Anyway City are the better team, great match and the way football should be played. Hope Arsenal pick it up a little in the 2nd half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I thought you were a United fan though, first time I've seen one cheering on City, it's disgusting.

• Advertisement

Back to Skyrim for 15 mins, cant be listening to the panel on Bt Sports

Thanks for the reminder, now to turn the sound off :)

Feel sorry for Monreal he is getting no help whatsoever from Wilshere. We should of went with Gibbs on the wing to give Nacho extra help with Zabaleta and Negredo.

Can the Arsenal fans please stop being so precious? If you don't think his opinion is worth listening to, just put him on ignore. This faux outrage is just clogging the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Can you actually tell me what part of the charter I've broken? What a sham.

This one :
    There is a misconception that posters who post unpopular or uncomplimentary opinions are trolling this forum. On its own, that behaviour is not a problem. When it is done to deliberately rile an individual or group on the forum then it becomes trolling.

If you want to post controversial opinion then you should be prepared to argue cogently and coherently in support of your argument. Repeating the same point over and over again without addressing counter arguments is not advisable. It is your responsibility to ensure that you contribute in a positive manner, that does not mean you have to agree with everyone else but you must avoid deliberate disruption of the forum.

The mod team reserve the right to apply their judgement as to a users intent when posting, and issue bans and/or infractions for trolling as necessary.

Oh and this one :
    RULE DISCUSSION: We do not tolerate discussion of moderation, moderation of posts or reportable posts in thread. If you have a problem with the forum rules, PM the mods or message the Cat Mod.

Kirby wrote: »
    Can the Arsenal fans please stop being so precious? If you don't think his opinion is worth listening to, just put him on ignore. This faux outrage is just clogging the thread.

Can't put Michael Owen on ignore :(

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »

Its the same thing though over and over,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

TSN has Martin Keown commentating. I think Robbie Earl is doing the half time analysis. Not sure which is better

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

So much space in behind the Arsenal backline for City's strikers and runners from deep to exploit. Going forward they've done alright and may score again but defensively it's been a struggle and could end up conceding 2,3 or 4 more.
    For me, away at City with an inferior side, it's a game that requires a bit of pragmatism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Really needs to be an option to mute commentary. Every time Michael Owen opens his mouth I want to break the TV, he very rarely seems to have any sort of point to make and just talks crap for the sake of it.

Great match so far, very open. Think Wilshere has been poor, giving the ball away far too easily several times. Arsenal still very much in this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

great game so far

Can't put Michael Owen on ignore :(

Yep this is what is really annoying me the most. He is a dreadful commentator, he's worse than Ronnie Whelan and that is really saying something!

So much space in behind the Arsenal backline for City's strikers and runners from deep to exploit. Going forward they've done alright and may score again but defensively it's been a struggle and could end up conceding 2,3 or 4 more.
    For me, away at City with an inferior side, it's a game that requires a bit of pragmatism.

Wenger likes his high line though. He always has. And you have to live and die by that. You can't just change week to week because City are quick and have great attacking players.

They have to commit to their system and sometimes that means the best players will rip it apart. That's just football. Changing and going deeper would be a mistake as more errors would come from unfamiliarity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

RasTa wrote: »
    I thought you were a United fan though, first time I've seen one cheering on City, it's disgusting.

Get a grip, it's a game of football...and an Irish message board. Not like United fans on here grew up having street fights with city fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

This feels like a 15 minute advert for beats.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Looks like Kos slid on the studs of Negredo from the replay there

• Advertisement
Advertisement