Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Blades were amazing last nite in the Olympia.

Options
  • 14-12-2013 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

The Blades gig was great last nite in the Olympia.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

Brilliant gig, brought me back (TV Club, anyone?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

Anyone have any info on the set list? Absolutely fantastic gig, already (high up) in the top 5 gigs I've been to

Anyone have any info on the set list? Absolutely fantastic gig, already (high up) in the top 5 gigs I've been to

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

briiliant again tonight. some great tunes

• Registered Users Posts: 11 kingsriver64

I didn't write down a set list but here are some of the songs I can remember, some of them in the right order:
    Last Man in Europe (opening song)
    Hot for You
    You Never Ask
    Downmarket
    The Bride Wore White
    Young Gifted and Black

Without the brass section:
    (one I didn't recognise)
    Crooked Town

Paul solo, 4 songs I think:
    My Girl
    Some People Smile
    Animation
    Everything I Own (dedicated to his father on his 4th anniversary)

Full band again for a few songs, including:
    Ghost of a Chance

1st encore:
    Revelations of Heartache
    Heatwave
    2nd encore - Downmarket (again)

It was a really great show. They got a huge welcome from the crowd at the start, and a great response all the way through. Paul Cleary was really enjoying it. They were well rehearsed and sounded great.

Anyone here at the Saturday night show?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

Came across this

284668.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭martybike

Fantastic Gig. Been humming their tunes all weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Everlong1

Great night alright. Wonderful to hear two Partisans songs as well as all the Blades classics (Impossible and Dublin City Town). The Partisans, for those who may not know, were the band Paul Cleary formed after The Blades split. They had a six track mini-album and then split also.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Meh...missed it...:(..nice little video clip...thanks, although i was distracted by all the baldy heads.....................:P

Everlong1 wrote: »
    Great night alright. Wonderful to hear two Partisans songs as well as all the Blades classics (Impossible and Dublin City Town). The Partisans, for those who may not know, were the band Paul Cleary formed after The Blades split. They had a six track mini-album and then split also.

never heard any of the partisans stuff before the other night, is there stuff available on cd at all? picked up pauls solo album on saturday, some great stuff on there too.....fingers crossed for a few more Blades gigs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 DarrellW

Did you see that it's available on CD on the Reekus Records website. Recorded by myself and mixed by my brother.

There's also a stream of one of the tracks on Soundcloud.

Sure I'm biased, but it's rather good.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Johnny Jukebox

DarrellW wrote: »
    Did you see that it's available on CD on the Reekus Records website. Recorded by myself and mixed by my brother.

There's also a stream of one of the tracks on Soundcloud.

Sure I'm biased, but it's rather good.

Its not rather good, its bleeding awesome because its the Blades !!!!

Thanks for doing this.

Advertisement