Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dropping a module during exams??

Options
  • 14-12-2013 1:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭

Silly question, I know! But is it possible to drop a module during exams?

i.e. a non-compulsory elective that I picked and am completely screwed in, possibly could fail, I'd rather not attempt it, not get a bad GPA score from it, just drop it and take an extra elective next semester.

Would this be possible do you think??

Or if I didn't sit the exam and emailed to request to drop it would I just get an NG? and a 0 added to my GPA or something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

If its a non-compulsory elective i think you can substitute it with a different module next year, after paying the relevant monies of course. I'm not sure if you would need to fail it to allow substitution.

You've left it kinda late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Yeah that's an understatement! I've been toying with the idea all semester, but kept convincing myself "Ah it'll be grand, sure you always figure it out come exam time" ... yeah, so apparently that was really stupid of me, because I'm like a feckin 4 year old trying to figure out the controls on a fighter jet that is rapidly nose diving towards a field of shit.

If anyone has experience of this or knows if it can be dropped, it would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

Could you ask whoever is in charge to IX it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Is there a particular reason why you need to drop it now? Substituting in January won't have any damage on your GPA, right?

Advertisement