Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New expiry date on replacement credit card?

Options
  • 14-12-2013 2:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi all,

I'm going to Oz in January for a year and just copped my credit card expires in April. So obviously I want to have a new card with a new expiry date before I go

On internet banking I can order a replacement card, but my question is, does the replacement card have a new expiry date, or the same April expiry date that's on the original card?

I know I can just ring up AIB and ask them about this but the last time I had to ring them I was on hold for over an hour.

So does anyone know if replacement cards have a new expiry date? If not, it's grand I'll just bite the bullet and ring them!!

It's an AIB Mastercard btw

Thanks for your help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Usually the same date, new card will be sent to the address you have on file.

Someone will have to send it out to you.

Issues may arise if you tell them you are leaving the country long term.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

If you call aib and tell them the story, they can issue a replacement card and change the expiry for you.

Advertisement