Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

painting a kitchen appliance

• 14-12-2013 2:49pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20

i know it probabley sounds daft but i had to replace the door on my electrolux cooker and could only get a white one , a new one was nearly 200 euro

anyway i looked up about painting it ( black ) and the view was , as long as you buy heat friendly stainless steel paint , it should be ok

Comments

I know that some of the diy shops sell paint suitable for (steel) appliances, I'm not sure whether it's heat proof.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

Surface area of metal parts on a cooker can be as much as 150o, i would go to a paint shop and get them to make you up a high temp heat resistant paint, i had done recently for an engine, cost €10.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 165 ✭✭oisinbutler

Have you thought about using stove paint? Its designed to deal with quite a lot of heat. You could probably find an enamel radiator paint that will do the same job but might not get it in black.
    Whatever you use it will take a few coats to cover the white and make sure to give the white paint a really good rub down first to key the surface, otherwise the paint you put on will peel off in no time. You should use wet & dry sand paper to key it, 240 grade should be fine. Make sure to dust off the surface and wipe down with white spirits before painting!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Even if you manage to get a paint for it, it will still stick out like a sore thumb when you have it done unless you use the same paint as the manufacturer.

Even if you manage to get a paint for it, it will still stick out like a sore thumb when you have it done unless you use the same paint as the manufacturer.
    It won't be if you paint the entire unit to match.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 165 ✭✭oisinbutler

It won't be if you paint the entire unit to match.

True

Advertisement