Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

do you lads all use party chat and play together etc?

I play BF4 with a few boardsies and the odd few other games, add me if ya fancy it :

Fieldog

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Yeah, I fancy getting back into it, properly. I'll add you now, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Fieldog wrote: »
    I play BF4 with a few boardsies and the odd few other games, add me if ya fancy it :

Fieldog
    dunno what gt i am gonna pick probably my old vita one that i had a few games with.

tbh the only reason i didnt go to ps4 is the clan i play with mainly went xbox one.

You'll be able to log straight in with that Vita tag, save yerself time.

dunno what gt i am gonna pick probably my old vita one that i had a few games with.

tbh the only reason i didnt go to ps4 is the clan i play with mainly went xbox one.

All my mates and me had 360s, slowly but surely my friends list is getting back the old Xbox heads, I feel right at home... :)

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »
    All my mates and me had 360s, slowly but surely my friends list is getting back the old Xbox heads, I feel right at home... :)
    have to get the ps4 aswell as xbox one last of us hard on lol

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

PS4 Watchdogs Bundle reduced to €419.99 for today only in Argos. Come with game option for €25 e.g BF4.
    Good deal imo if your buying.
    sorry cant post link as new user

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Played me first game of BF4 online last night.... Got absolutely rinsed. Do people actually play using a DS4? I feel like a fish out of water without a keyboard and mouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

.ak wrote: »
    Played me first game of BF4 online last night.... Got absolutely rinsed. Do people actually play using a DS4? I feel like a fish out of water without a keyboard and mouse.

Its a game console with a game controller?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It's been years since I used a k+m. I'd be absolutley murdered on PC. The sensitivity can be important for the DS just mess about in the options until you get a level you are comfortable with. Also make sure aim assist's on, although some will tell you it's wrong, it's a big advantage imo.

Not sure anyone plays with a mouse on PS4.:confused:

• Advertisement

I finally went back to keyboard and mouse after about decade, and although I know that it is definitely is better for aiming guns... I just... can't get used to movement. It'll take some practice, the same the other way round, I guess.

Aim assist? gimli... gimli!

Grayditch wrote: »
    I finally went back to keyboard and mouse after about decade, and although I know that it is definitely is better for aiming guns... I just... can't get used to movement. It'll take some practice, the same the other way round, I guess.

Aim assist? gimli... gimli!

It's the way us console noobs roll :)

Seriously people keep telling me off is better. They're....just....so .... wrong:p

Its a game console with a game controller?

I know, I know.. I just can't see how people can accurately aim quickly using stick. A mouse is infinitely better and pointing to a spot you want, i.e a head, and clicking :D

Is aim assist available for MP?! That's mad Ted.

I know, I know.. I just can't see how people can accurately aim quickly using stick.

They just do it. It's probably like power steering versus the old way, but people still just do it and it works!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,534 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I know, I know.. I just can't see how people can accurately aim quickly using stick. A mouse is infinitely better and pointing to a spot you want, i.e a head, and clicking :D

Accurately aiming isn't hard when you're used to it, on games like BF4 countering barrel movement with automatic fire is harder than M&K. Mess with sensitivity and dead zone and you'll get there.

I play on a few FPS on PC but prefer console for them, it's more relaxed. And at least on shooters (3rd/1st) I tend to tense my wrist which isn't the best thing to be doing if I'm playing for a while.

Anyone have any idea what Xtravision would give for an Infamous trade in off another game, rather than cash?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Their website says €30.

I could only see the deal for Watchdogs, cool, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Another update file for Resogun today. 500MB +

• Advertisement

the analogue stick on the dualshock 4 i got is wrecked rubber coming off... will sony ireland fix it?

also lads what are the ps4 exclusives right now? any recommendations?

Infamous, anyway.

If you can find Killzone for €20 or less somewhere, I'd give that a play.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Resogun and Infamous.. Resogun in particular is brilliant. Just a load of addictive fun.

I would recommend getting the DLC too but you might as well play it first and see if you like it.

Edit: Towerfall Ascension and Strider are free on PS+

And regarding console exclusive, check out Transistor. That's all I can think of right now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

the analogue stick on the dualshock 4 i got is wrecked rubber coming off... will sony ireland fix it?

Bring it back to where you bought it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

F1ngers wrote: »
    Bring it back to where you bought it.

I think he bought it second hand.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

jonny24ie wrote: »
    I think he bought it second hand.

If it is second hand and no receipt it is caveat emptor I'd assume.
    No harm in calling Sony anyway.

I've had 3 DS4s. One I threw at a wall but I've never had a problem with the thumb pads, on any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,534 ✭✭✭✭Varik

One way to find out, but a lot of the time they seem to be giving out RMA numbers and telling people to drop it off at the shop.

• Advertisement

I believe there is a Sony place in Amiens street that swap them out, is is Sony Computer Entertainment Ireland?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement