Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone played bound by flame?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Just pre ordered The Last of Us for €43 in smyths there,delighted with that price.

Never got to play it on PS3

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

EoinHef wrote: »
    Just pre ordered The Last of Us for €43 in smyths there,delighted with that price.

Never got to play it on PS3
    gonna preorder it myself tomorrow have not played it so its shiny and new to me and i honestly cannot wait. what date is it releasing?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

what date is it releasing?

August 1st.

F1ngers wrote: »
    August 1st.
    deadly can`t wait

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Any word if there is a discount if u bought the ps3 version on digital?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Varik wrote: »
    I did like it, it's really just the second last mission I didn't like and the abrupt ending after that.

that the one that starts with that bloody impossible skydive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Any word if there is a discount if u bought the ps3 version on digital?

Doubt it if they haven't said anything yet.

Dualshock 4 on a PS3 is really not worth the effort. The PS button don't work, and its a pain to set up wirelessly. hopefully sony patches it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I assume they will.

That said I had no issue setting it up and it seemed to work perfectly with Dark Souls anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

currently getting cash together for a PS4. Slightly in two minds about buying it.

What are the knockout features that turn buying a PS4 from a maybe into a "buy it now brah"

• Advertisement

If your coming from PS3/360, the OS is the big difference I notice. Its much improved, as well as download speeds. And the controller is far better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I'm coming from a PS3, just finding it hard yo justify the bobs.

If I buy a bundle from Argos say, do I get physical copy of the game or is it a download?

I'm looking at getting a the watch dog bundle and selling the game to cex to off out my spends

Its on a disc.

Warframe is a lovely game and free to play sweet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

Warframe is a lovely game and free to play sweet

Yeah it's a great game and has a healthy balance and not geared towards pay to win like most free to play games.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Anyone played bound by flame?

It is not great, paper thin story, clunky controls and odd graphics, but its crafting system is fun, if you can get it for under 20 quid go for it.

It looks like the trend of remastered games is going to continue, according to IGN a Directors Cut of Beyond: Two Souls is rumored to be coming to the PS4.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/07/08/beyond-two-souls-directors-cut-rumoured-for-ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Xenji wrote: »
    It looks like the trend of remastered games is going to continue, according to IGN a Directors Cut of Beyond: Two Souls is rumored to be coming to the PS4.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/07/08/beyond-two-souls-directors-cut-rumoured-for-ps4

Never played it on PS3. Might give it a whirl on PS4 - though the price would have to be right.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Sweet, a second chance not to buy it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,383 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'd be more inclined to play it if it was a non-director's cut - i.e. take the game from David Cage and see what someone else entirely does with it.

• Advertisement

I'd be more inclined to play it if it was a non-director's cut - i.e. take the game from David Cage and see what someone else entirely does with it.

This. Since David Cage, while having lots of kinda neat ideas, does not know how to make a good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,534 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Not a fan but I like that this stuff exists for gaming as a medium, maybe it'll get better in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Couldn't even stomach the demo of it on PS3 TBH, even though I loved Heavy Rain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

nocoverart wrote: »
    Couldn't even stomach the demo of it on PS3 TBH, even though I loved Heavy Rain.

I am new to consiles, and I'm super excited about The last of us on PS4, this beyond two souls didn't get good reviews, and while I love story driven games (tomb raider for example) I don't think I'm going to buy beyon two souls.

GTA5 on PS4 is going to look much better than PS3, but it looks like beyond two souls already look pretty good on PS3, don't think slight imporovements will help it to get better reviews as most concerns with this game were about gameplay (or lack of it). Hard to remaster that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'm all for remasters of games but Beyond Two Souls really shouldn't be getting one at all.

It already looks fantastic on the ps3, an increase in the framerate really wouldn't be worth it imo and overall it's just not a good game.

Heavy Rain would have been far more deserving of this treatment and even that would have been pushing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

seems that remastered games are all very cheap so im happy to see more come and come. that said...i can see GTA5 being 75 euro for sure :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Uncharted trilogy remastered would be nice.

All the Z.O.E games remastered would be great also and Resident Evil, Silent Hill 1&2.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Flimbo's Quest HD.

Nah, I watched herself play Beyond Two Souls.

I could even play Co-Op as the evil side. It wasn't good.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,383 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

All the Z.O.E games remastered would be great also and Resident Evil, Silent Hill 1&2.

We already have that, no? :confused: Can't see a niche game series like that ever getting a full-on, AAA remake, would simply be too costly. A very solid HD upgrade is probably more than a lot of similar cult games will ever enjoy anyway.

Having played ZOE 2 recently enough it holds up well anyway. If there's going to be resources committed to anything, it should be a proper sequel.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement