Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

We already have that, no? :confused: Can't see a niche game series like that ever getting a full-on, AAA remake, would simply be too costly. A very solid HD upgrade is probably more than a lot of similar cult games will ever enjoy anyway.

Having played ZOE 2 recently enough it holds up well anyway. If there's going to be resources committed to anything, it should be a proper sequel.

We do, but they are quite buggy, Z.O.E 3 does not seem to be on Kojimas rader at the minute, but if we did get a proper sequel using the Fox Engine it would be immense.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

the HD ps3 versions of the ZOE are on sale on PSN now.

Edit:

Issues are patched

They pretty much remade their remake.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Strider for PS4,what a game. Might just have found the next best PS+ game for me after Trine 2. Really enjoying the fast paced action,art style and soundtrack,very fun and addictive imo

And best of all....free:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Im all for SONY doing remasters for the PS4 but I draw the line at Third Parties. I would hate to see devs taking the easy option of filling the PS4 catalogue with rehashed games. Thats why I built a PC so I can enjoy my fav last gen games on max settings that dont cost me 40+ euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

PlayStation TV series 'Powers' gets director for first two episodes
    The first two episodes of Powers, the PlayStation television series based on the Icon Comics graphic novel, will be directed by David Slade, Sony Network Entertainment announced today on the PlayStation Blog.

Powers' first two episodes were written by Charlie Huston. The show is adapted from the graphic novel from Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Avon Oeming. All three individuals are executive producers on the show, and Slade will serve as an executive producer on the episodes he is directing.

I like Slade's 30 Days of Night. Hope this turns out to be good too.

*Not sure if this is entirely relevant here. If a mod wants to move it, feel free

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

I'd Love to see the God Of War series remastered. Graphics would be epic!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

EoinHef wrote: »
    Strider for PS4,what a game. Might just have found the next best PS+ game for me after Trine 2. Really enjoying the fast paced action,art style and soundtrack,very fun and addictive imo

And best of all....free:)

I paid €15 for it when it came out. Really enjoyed it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I recently bought Beyond for the PS3 2nd hand... and it won't run on my fat PS3. Pretty annoying. Considering taking it apart and putting decent thermal paste on, but couldn't really be bothered/haven't the time. If the PS4 version is cheap enough I might consider getting it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

hallo dare wrote: »
    I'd Love to see the God Of War series remastered. Graphics would be epic!!!

They've already done so many remasters of them from PS2 to PS3 to Vita. It's getting a bit ridiculous.

If they were to remaster any GOW games it should be the 2 on the PS3, but even then I'd be more inclined to leave them be, too.

Great games and graphics, but they won't sell as well as an uncharted series remaster, which I'd love to see happen.

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    They've already done so many remasters of them from PS2 to PS3 to Vita. It's getting a bit ridiculous.

If they were to remaster any GOW games it should be the 2 on the PS3, but even then I'd be more inclined to leave them be, too.

Great games and graphics, but they won't sell as well as an uncharted series remaster, which I'd love to see happen.

Rubbish, you'd find they'd sell loads! What the difference in remastering those games in comparison to releasing the very same thing over and over again like fifa or pro evo or wwe year in year out?
    They are nothing more than a patch on a disc every year.

And GOW3 more so than 2.3 was epic, killing the Gods!

Can you imagine Kratos sticking his thumbs into Poseidons eyes using the PS4 capabilities! Quality!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I think you're overstating it really.

GOW3 already looks incredible on ps3 but again the game itself was decent. It certainly wasn't the best of the bunch and nothing on GOW2

I could see certain series get remasters from the ps3 generation. Uncharted and Infamous are the two that come to mind. Possibly Heavy Rain.

I think Uncharted is easily the one that we could see ahead of the rest and would make sense to release before Uncharted 4.

Edit: Just to add.. I'm hoping this quote from Yoshida stands true
    "There are requests from some consumers for games that were released later in the generation, like Uncharted, which people might have missed," says Yoshida. "That would be a good candidate. We don't want to flood the market with remade games either."

Which just leads me to believe there won't be a remastered version of Beyond.

Also, these remasters are only going to make Playstation Now even less appealing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

tok9 wrote: »

Also, these remasters are only going to make Playstation Now even less appealing.

Same reason we've not seen MP3 playback and DNLA as they would make music and movies unlimited less appealing also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

hallo dare wrote: »
    Rubbish, you'd find they'd sell loads! What the difference in remastering those games in comparison to releasing the very same thing over and over again like fifa or pro evo or wwe year in year out?
    They are nothing more than a patch on a disc every year.

And GOW3 more so than 2.3 was epic, killing the Gods!

Can you imagine Kratos sticking his thumbs into Poseidons eyes using the PS4 capabilities! Quality!

They've been remastered loads of times before, it'd be such a waste of creative resources just to do it yet again. And as already said, they look great on PS3 as is.
    What are they going to add but just a higher frame rate and 1080p?

They wouldn't nearly sell as well as the Uncharted series because it's higher rated and appeals to a bigger and wider audience than the GOW games.

With Uncharted 4 coming out, a remastered trilogy would make sense, because many missed out on those games because they had an xbox. Many had a PS2 for the first few GOW games, and that carried over to the PS3 and Vita.

I'm not opposed to remasters, but there's a difference in remastering a game series and flogging a dead horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I've never played any of the GOWs... So I probably would buy them if they remastered them tbh. But only if they looked next-gen good.

They would literally have to rebuild GOW1 & 2 to look amazing on PS4.

GOW3 genuinely looks amazing. It's incredible too considering it must be about 5 -6 years old now?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

They look grand in HD on PS3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

The first two god of wars looks kinda dated now, specially with the cutscenes. I'd imagine uncharted is very likely, although that wouldn't fit onto a single disc, so that'd be interesting.

Ya, I didn't mean they were bad looking games. But I remember from the HD ports that the cutscenes didn't look particularly nice.

On top of that the PS3 versions are already at 60fps right?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I think there's an assumption that HD remakes are quick and cheap money delivery systems. But for 'full upgrades', not just texture and resolution upgrades and the like, it's a full-on production. Games like Tomb Raider Anniversary, the Goldeneye one or even the Halo upgrades, I think it's safe to say you'd be looking at a much higher price tag both for developer and consumer. Not many teams would have the resources to do it, especially when they have full sequels or new games to work on instead.

If you just want to play old games on your new consoles, I think you'll be making do with a lot of no-frills, upscaled ports alongside the occasional 'major' remake.

_Redzer_ wrote: »

They wouldn't nearly sell as well as the Uncharted series because it's higher rated and appeals to a bigger and wider audience than the GOW games.

That's your opinion. I wasn't a fan of Uncharted. Couldn't care less for it. Have you any link as to where you say Uncharted appeals to a bigger and wider audience? Judging by Metacritic alone, GOW stands out.

With Uncharted 4 coming out, a remastered trilogy would make sense, because many missed out on those games because they had an xbox. Many had a PS2 for the first few GOW games, and that carried over to the PS3 and Vita.

That statement is ridiculous. You are contradicting yourself on both sentences!

I'm not opposed to remasters, but there's a difference in remastering a game series and flogging a dead horse.

How can you tell it would be flogging a dead horse?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Shu Yoshida confirmed that the white PS4 will be sold as a standalone sku without Destiny in the EU later this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Making uncharted remakes now would be a waste of money. Those games still look and play great.

I would prefer to see some ps1 and PS2 remakes instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

I switched from 360 to PS4 so I missed out on the Uncharted trilogy but I did play one of them on my brothers PS3 and liked it alot so I'd love it if they remastered them for the PS4

Uncharted trilogy remastered will certainly sell more than god of war.
    And the problem with ps2/1 remakes is the graphics don't stand up, nor do in a lot of cases the gameplay mechanics. So you'd need to remake the game, rather than just give it a lick of paint and a set of trophies.

Making uncharted remakes now would be a waste of money. Those games still look and play great.

I would prefer to see some ps1 and PS2 remakes instead.

Never platinumed Uncharted 1 as I played it before they were patched in, but recently I went back and only have crushing left. So I'm as of this weekend playing again, just past that square water room with the columns with the waves of enemies.

Ps2 to Ps3 is a decent jump for the HD remasters but as much as I like Uncharted the jump to PS4 wouldn't really add much, saying that I'd not bother to rebuy it if it was €15 on a steam sale on PC in 4k @120+.

I'm actually playing Uncharted 2 currently. Man is it a pretty game too.

I can't wait to see what ND have up their sleeves beyond Uncharted and TLOU

Uncharted 2 <3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

cloud493 wrote: »
    Uncharted 2 <3

What are you saying here; that you love Uncharted 2, or that Uncharted 3 is greater than Uncharted 2?

That I love uncharted 2. And 3. And drakes fortune. And golden abyss. Cloud493 digs uncharted.

• Advertisement

I think 2 was a better game but 3 was a great ending, love sully and drake in it.

Not really an ending now with 4 coming out, unless sully is dead.

Oh my god, sully's probably dead. :(:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement