Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

I love the first one just because of the pirates and jungles... and Eddie

Uncharted 4 is pirates and jungle so I'll love that.

I liked 3 but I was bored until I got to Yemen, and the Djinn were stupid -I know uncharted have a paranormal twist, but they were the weakest of the 3 I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

when is the new uncharted for ps4 out?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,534 ✭✭✭✭Varik

when is the new uncharted for ps4 out?

They've only said 2015, If it makes 2015 then I'll say November/October.

Varik wrote: »
    They've only said 2015, If it makes 2015 then I'll say November/October.
    cant find a release date list for ps4 exclusives... any idea whats coming and when? cannot wait for the last of us

cant find a release date list for ps4 exclusives... any idea whats coming and when? cannot wait for the last of us

IGN have one that's update frequently, only game a lot is Q3 but nothing specific. Only Game I'm likly to get soon is Rogue Legacy, and Diablo if that comes out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

never played uncharted 1 or 2 but got uncharted 3 on ps+ for free last year and it was one of my most memorable gaming experiences. i really should get uncharted 1 and 2 ASAP!..cannot wait for uncharted 4

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

MarkY91 wrote: »
    never played uncharted 1 or 2 but got uncharted 3 on ps+ for free last year and it was one of my most memorable gaming experiences. i really should get uncharted 1 and 2 ASAP!..cannot wait for uncharted 4

2 might be even the best one, though I entirely enjoyed all 3 of them. I watch regularly Indian Jones, so uncharted is pretty much an Indiana game i never got.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

For some reason this list gets updates the quickest, yes it is wiki but anyhow http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_4_games

Varik wrote: »
    IGN have one that's update frequently, only game a lot is Q3 but nothing specific. Only Game I'm likly to get soon is Rogue Legacy, and Diablo if that comes out.

Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil edition is out on the PS4 on the 19th of August.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

Best place i found is http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/wiki/games

Which has official dates and employees updating it.

• Advertisement

Doki doki universe is all kinds of addictive great fun game

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Doki doki universe is all kinds of addictive great fun game

Really? It drove me insane after 2 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

Am i missing something here with PS4. Spent 700e last week to upgrade from PS3. Whilst it is good it is not all it is hyped up to be imo. PS3 games are comparable in most cases and my phat PS3 is 10 years old. Games purchased with PS4 were:

Tomb Raider
    Marvel Lego Superheros
    BF4
    Sniper Elite 3
    Need for Speed Rivals
    Watchdogs

Downloaded demo of Fifa 14 and thought it was no improvement from PS3.

Tomb raider graphics are good i thought.

Am i being to harsh or too high expectations?

I'd happily accept a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Peppa Cig wrote: »
    Am i missing something here with PS4. Spent 700e last week to upgrade from PS3. Whilst it is good it is not all it is hyped up to be imo. PS3 games are comparable in most cases and my phat PS3 is 10 years old. Games purchased with PS4 were:

Tomb Raider
    Marvel Lego Superheros
    BF4
    Sniper Elite 3
    Need for Speed Rivals
    Watchdogs

Surely you can see just how good looking BF4 is ?. There is know way the PS3 can play like that.

...as for the rest, I havn't played them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

Tomb Raider
    Marvel Lego Superheros
    BF4
    Sniper Elite 3
    Need for Speed Rivals
    Watchdogs

I hear ya.

I myself hadn't played the PS since about 2002 - the PS2.

I decided to buy the PS4 at XMAS - played it about 10 times. Not sure if it is me or the console?! I am not sure what I was expecting but I don't really see much difference between the old PS2 and the PS4 - the graphics are a bit flashier but that is about it. I bought Tomb Raider as I loved it on PS2 and I really can't see a whole lot of difference. Lara is hotter I suppose.

Maybe I am just too old for the PS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Tomb Raider
    Marvel Lego Superheros
    BF4
    Sniper Elite 3
    Need for Speed Rivals
    Watchdogs

Really? They play like two completely different games. Played it on PS3 in a mates house and didn't know what was going on, game/players felt so slow and unresponsive compared to PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Tomb Raider
    Marvel Lego Superheros
    BF4
    Sniper Elite 3
    Need for Speed Rivals
    Watchdogs

I agree there's no real incentive to pick it up just yet and I haven't either :pac: I'll probably pick one up around xmas or maybe early next year in sales or something. Uncharted and Far Cry will make sure I do get a PS4 though.

However Fifa is a massive upgrade I thought having played it on a friend's ps4 a few times, maybe it was just me but the subtle touches and style of players kicking the ball etc were much more fluid.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

I hear ya.

I myself hadn't played the PS since about 2002 - the PS2.

I decided to buy the PS4 at XMAS - played it about 10 times. Not sure if it is me or the console?! I am not sure what I was expecting but I don't really see much difference between the old PS2 and the PS4 - the graphics are a bit flashier but that is about it. I bought Tomb Raider as I loved it on PS2 and I really can't see a whole lot of difference. Lara is hotter I suppose.

Maybe I am just too old for the PS.

Too old - ha. I'm a similar vintage going by your username. I can't remember my ps2 but it must be a good bit better....
    I'm the same. Not sure if its me or the console thats why i posted.
    Lara is hotter btw...

.ak wrote: »
    Really? It drove me insane after 2 minutes.

At first played it hated it but then tried it again with an open mind and found it very addictive

Too old - ha. I'm a similar vintage going by your username. I can't remember my ps2 but it must be a good bit better....
    I'm the same. Not sure if its me or the console thats why i posted.
    Lara is hotter btw...

I think a little bit of it is to do with my age and being out of the console game so long.

I don't like the fact they don't provide manuals anymore.

I am unsure about the whole connecting to the internet thingy.

It all seems a bit more complicated.

I understand now how my Mum feels when trying to figure out her smartphone.

I'd like someone younger to maybe call over to my gaff and show me the ropes/show me how to utilise my PS4 better. Then again maybe tis not me and maybe the PS4 ain't that great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Tomb Raider
    Marvel Lego Superheros
    BF4
    Sniper Elite 3
    Need for Speed Rivals
    Watchdogs

I'm more shocked that you spent all that money on something you weren't sure of in the first.

The initial games will not be using the ps4 at optimum levels next year hopefully you'll be signing it's praises.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

10 year old PS3?

Anyway, the PS3 was awful when it first came out, um 7 years ago but has improved drastically since on most fronts.

The PS4's not out a year, yet. Fifa 14 is considerably better on next gen. Undoubtedly different, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I think a little bit of it is to do with my age and being out of the console game so long.

I'd like someone younger to maybe call over to my gaff and show me the ropes/show me how to utilise my PS4 better. Then again maybe tis not me and maybe the PS4 ain't that great.

I've got 10 years on you so relax you ain't past it yet.
    As to the manual - yup - I miss those but its all about cost reduction. I still miss them though.

Connected to the internet - start slowly.
    1. PSN - the Store - if you don't have PS+ you are missing out on some cracking great games that you can download straight to your console - also without the disc they run quieter...
    2. Online gaming - up to you to play or not, me not that bothered except for Dark Souls (all 3) or similar.
    3. Sharing - maybe one for the facebook crowd, but not that keen on sharing my 6th attempt to shoot some nazi robot/android in the head ;)

Use this forum and other sites to learn more - just take it slowly but if you do nothing else this week get PS+ and just have a look to see what's out there...

My PS4 saw very little use since launch, but in the last month with 3-4 games out that I wanted to play and about another 10 I will be getting in the coming months it has been getting more and more use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Im 35 mate, getting back into gaming was the best thing ever for me. I spent my 20's being serious as fudge but now with other worldly pressures gaming is the perfect vent! I tried alcohol but it did not suit me at all at all!

Maybe a ps3 is a better start for u as it has a massive back catalogue of great games!

Half the fun is learning about games from boards and websites and checking out walkthroughs etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Im 35 mate, getting back into gaming was the best thing ever for me. I spent my 20's being serious as fudge but now with other worldly pressures gaming is the perfect vent! I tried alcohol but it did not suit me at all at all!

Maybe a ps3 is a better start for u as it has a massive back catalogue of great games!

Half the fun is learning about games from boards and websites and checking out walkthroughs etc!

Nah don't be checking out walkthroughs. The only time a walkthrough should be checked is if you were about to smash your controller against the wall.

padair wrote: »
    Nah don't be checking out walkthroughs. The only time a walkthrough should be checked is if you were about to smash your controller against the wall.

Roadmaps tend to be good in some games, especially RPGs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

padair wrote: »

I would read a walkthrough before I play Dark Souls or if I am getting bored I would check to see how far into the game I am. I should have been a bit more precise I think they are great as an aid not to ruin a game completely! :p:p:p

Taltos wrote: »
    I've got 10 years on you so relax you ain't past it yet.
    As to the manual - yup - I miss those but its all about cost reduction. I still miss them though.

Connected to the internet - start slowly.
    1. PSN - the Store - if you don't have PS+ you are missing out on some cracking great games that you can download straight to your console - also without the disc they run quieter...
    2. Online gaming - up to you to play or not, me not that bothered except for Dark Souls (all 3) or similar.
    3. Sharing - maybe one for the facebook crowd, but not that keen on sharing my 6th attempt to shoot some nazi robot/android in the head ;)

Use this forum and other sites to learn more - just take it slowly but if you do nothing else this week get PS+ and just have a look to see what's out there...

PSN Store/PS+ - is there where you have to pay for a years membership? Is there any point to this other than downloading games? I have two games so I think that is enough! Or is there another point to PS+?? What is PS+ basically?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

PSN Store/PS+ - is there where you have to pay for a years membership? Is there any point to this other than downloading games? I have two games so I think that is enough! Or is there another point to PS+?? What is PS+ basically?!

PSN+ is what you need to play a PS4 online just like Xbox live you need a membership to play it online for all games. But you don't need it for the PS Vita or PS3.

You get 6 games a month for free 2 for each console and sony tells you a week before what games you get for free. But you only get to keep theses games for as long as you pay your PSN membership. EG you miss it by a day and won't to play one of the games the PS4 will not let you.

You don't need it to download games as anyone can buy games and download them from PSN.

There should be a full guide to PSN+ on the 1st page on this thread as it will help people and stop from asking the same thing nearly 4 to 5 times a week

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement