Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

PSN+ is what you need to play a PS4 online just like Xbox live you need a membership to play it online for all games. But you don't need it for the PS Vita or PS3.

You get 6 games a month for free 2 for each console and sony tells you a week before what games you get for free. But you only get to keep theses games for as long as you pay your PSN membership. EG you miss it by a day and won't to play one of the games the PS4 will not let you.

You don't need it to download games as anyone can buy games and download them from PSN.

There should be a full guide to PSN+ on the 1st page on this thread as it will help people and stop from asking the same thing nearly 4 to 5 times a week
    can you redownload the games say if your membership runs out and you renew it say that day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

can you redownload the games say if your membership runs out and you renew it say that day?

I think so but might ask some one else on this as well to be safe as long as you renew it again you can play the games again that you got from PSN+

But i see no reason not to keep paying it as after a month it basically pays for its self. The amount of games i have getting from it over the last 2 and 1/2 years has made it the best bargain ever as i have applied games that i would have never bought in the 1st place

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

All your games stay on account, if your membership expires they just become locked, when you renew it they get unlocked, so no need to redownload them.

thanks lads thats what i thought...

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

I think so but might ask some one else on this as well to be safe as long as you renew it again you can play the games again that you got from PSN+

But i see no reason not to keep paying it as after a month it basically pays for its self. The amount of games i have getting from it over the last 2 and 1/2 years has made it the best bargain ever as i have applied games that i would have never bought in the 1st place

I bought a ps4 last week and have psn+.
    I downloaded the two "free" games, Tower Asension and some other one. They are like something from a PS1 imo.
    Very disapointed.
    Hardly new era gaming....
    Also i have a shi1 internet connection (2mb) and it took me about 3 days to download them - lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Peppa Cig wrote: »
    I bought a ps4 last week and have psn+.
    I downloaded the two "free" games, Tower Asension and some other one. They are like something from a PS1 imo.
    Very disapointed.
    Hardly new era gaming....
    Also i have a shi1 internet connection (2mb) and it took me about 3 days to download them - lol

S4DN95o.gif

:):):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Admittedly its not the best PSN+ month :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'd actually say it's the best month so far, although I did own both games already ;). Towerfall is gameplay perfection, especially with a friend beside you. Definitive proof of how great design is always more important than mere graphical oomph (although the art design is great and communicates in a crystal clear way all the information you need). Strider is a lot of fun too - a consistently fast paced and engaging update to a classic franchise, and one of the more satisfying recent Metroidvania style games too (barring the fact the map is a piece of crap, especially during the late game!)

Towerfall is fine, I guess. Don't like strider at all. But horses for courses etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Im the opposite,tried a bit of couch co-op with Towerfall and after about an hour id had enough. Its fun but for only about an hour in my case.

Strider im really liking though. The pacing is a throwback and im really enjoying it,really like the soundtrack as well.

Besides Trine 2 and Dont Starve most of the PS+ games have not been to my liking,just personal taste really though. I also have two games i bought,BF4 and Trials Fusion. Trials is good fun if your into it,ive basically givin up on BF4 though. Which is nothing to do with the PS4 in fairness. F**k you Dice/EA:)

I think the problem with people being underwhelmed by the system is there is just not enough quality games out on the system to please the majority.

The Indies are great and in the long run will be great for PS4 but atm were getting titles that have already been released on PC and are not that exciting IMO,good games but just lacking the wow factor.

Hopefully its starting to change though,pre ordered The Last of Us and going to do the same for Diablo 3. Waiting to get Wolfenstein second hand soon as well. Finally feel like there are games starting to emerge that will make me play the PS a lot more in the near future.

Early adoption was rough this gen imo,but starting to pick up now:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

just ordered sniper elite 3 and the last of us from VGP for 78 euro inc postage...then i go to gamestops website to laugh at their prices :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I am really looking forward to diablo 3 on PS4, even if I had played the living jaysus out of it on pc.
    I even had ps3 version and it is shocking how well it works on console.

TLOU and diablo 3 will be the first games I buy since I got second son.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I am really looking forward to diablo 3 on PS4, even if I had played the living jaysus out of it on pc.
    I even had ps3 version and it is shocking how well it works on console.

TLOU and diablo 3 will be the first games I buy since I got second son.

Ive been holding off on playing Diablo 3 PC for ages now,patiently waiting for PS4 version:(

I played through first act with each class just to get a feel,maybe to act 3 with a wizard cause wizard class is just so dam awesome and wizard is going to be my main class on PS4 so i could not stop playing:)

A friend has no PC but has a PS4 and he wanted to play it so i said i would wait for PS4 version,and its going to be 1080p/60fps loveliness and also include Reaper of Souls,im hoping its only €50:pac:

At that price it would make it a contender for GOTY on PS4 imo,having already played it and enjoyed it on PC.

And i say that considering the PS4 version will have Loot 2.0 and also Reaper of Souls DLC,all the bugs and balancing were done on PC and the PS4 version will benefit from it

Also pre ordered the last of us,roll on August 1st:D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

People saying ps2 graphics are comparable to ps4? Come on....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

cloud493 wrote: »
    The Last Of Us remastered seems to have dropped significantly in price, symths has it down for €43.

Now showing at €49.99 in Smyths
    I preordered last week when it was €43 but didn't have to pay a deposit.
    Will Smyths honour the earlier, cheaper offering?

I think so. Did you get a receipt of any kind?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

cloud493 wrote: »
    I think so. Did you get a receipt of any kind?

No, the sales assistant just took my number and said they'd text me when it's in.
    I might give them a call tomorrow just to check.

.ak wrote: »

I am not even going to go there m8... soon we will hear that Gaming did not evolved since Nes....

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

I am not even going to go there m8... soon we will hear that Gaming did not evolved since Nes....

Towerfall Ascension or whatevet you call it is like a game i played on Commodore 64. Just my opinion

Towerfall Ascension or whatevet you call it is like a game i played on Commodore 64. Just my opinion

The beauty of modern gaming is that there are a lot of branched out different games. Retro games like that are part of gaming and they are loved by a lot of people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,434 ✭✭✭RedXIV

It seems fair to say that without crisp, flashy new graphics, a lot of games get ignored by gamers, which is a shame. Some of the most fun games or the last number of years have had simplistic graphics and yet have mastered that which truely makes a game enjoyable, i.e. The game play itself.

And more importantly, a game with stellar graphics is not indicative of a fun game to play.

It make take a while to get used to the simpler graphics, but it is certainly worth trying to lay aside prejudices in order to try some of the great games we've been given with ps+

.ak wrote: »
    san andreas on ps2 actually looks better than gta 5 on the 4 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Been playing the PC version a bit and god damn is it ugly now, the most graphically impressive games of their day do not hold up compared to more stylized.

The best thing about all those HD remakes is that they look how you remember the game originally looking with a generous helping of nostalgia.

But that's the whole point.

Towerfall Ascension is hardly a demonstration of the PS4 power.

Doesn't make it any less of any enjoyable game though.

Ah sure GTA on the playstation is better. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Now showing at €49.99 in Smyths
    I preordered last week when it was €43 but didn't have to pay a deposit.
    Will Smyths honour the earlier, cheaper offering?

Just seen TLOU is on PSN Store for €45! That's a great price, i'll be getting it there. Traded in the PS3 V. a bit too quickly and i regretted it so i know owning a digital version will suit me this time around. Can't wait!

Klair88 wrote: »
    Just seen TLOU is on PSN Store for €45! That's a great price, i'll be getting it there. Traded in the PS3 V. a bit too quickly and i regretted it so i know owning a digital version will suit me this time around. Can't wait!

Would have went digital myself but downloading 50GB on a 10 - 12MB is over 24 hours LoL so going to buy the game from amazon for 38 euros.

But in other news i have started playing Knack for the PS4 and its lot better then what the reviews make the game out to be as 1 the game is hard considering its post to be a kids game, the fighting is better then any of the lego games and the story is not bad from the 3 captors i have played so far.

I also downloaded the app for my phone of the game with is your basic match the 3 and so on for extra items to make stuff in the game so its quite cool

So far i would give the game a 8 out of 10 as its fun to play and basically i see notting wrong with it and should have got better reviews then it did

Does TLOU on PS4 not support pre-load? I was under the impression it would start DL'in the day before and i could just play it the next day.

Klair88 wrote: »
    Does TLOU on PS4 not support pre-load? I was under the impression it would start DL'in the day before and i could just play it the next day.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/06/20/the-last-of-us-on-ps4-wont-support-pre-load-naughty-dog-devs-cant-go-back-after-playing-at-60-fps/

No pre loading at all Naughty Dog as Since pre-order for The Last of Us Remastered started before May 20, 2014, this title will not support the pre-load feature.

• Advertisement

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/06/20/the-last-of-us-on-ps4-wont-support-pre-load-naughty-dog-devs-cant-go-back-after-playing-at-60-fps/

No pre loading at all Naughty Dog as Since pre-order for The Last of Us Remastered started before May 20, 2014, this title will not support the pre-load feature.

Damn, looks like i'll be getting it on Disc then! Cheers for the info!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement