Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

EoinHef wrote: »
    Has the PS4 got external HDD support yet?
    That should be a priority if not. Be a shame not to make use of USB 3.0 so we all dont have to take the console apart to put in a bigger drive and also redownload/copy games,saves etc.

No. Or at least, not in the same way you're expecting. You can plug in a USB stick and copy over save files, captured video and screenshots. Installing games to an external HDD is not supported currently and I have not seen any indication that it is something they are working on either.

FYI installing a new HDD on your PS4 is easy. It was the first thing I did with mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Get a light bar sticker to cut down on the glare.

I use a projector so I don't have glare, but I still think that's kind of a cool idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

It's funny, I use my PS4 controller to play Skyrim/Dark Souls II on PC and there's an option to turn off the light bar. Puzzled to know why the same can't be done on the PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

It's funny, I use my PS4 controller to play Skyrim/Dark Souls II on PC and there's an option to turn off the light bar. Puzzled to know why the same can't be done on the PS4

Yup, I dont use PC at all, but I am not going to use the VR helmet thingy on my PS4 as I am sure millions of other owners of a PS4 wont either. There should be an option to just turn the light off when not needed. Just that simple, options.

Even when its charging, the light is on, uselss to me.

When it is charging, it will periodically flash orange. When it's charged, it will stop. That is pretty useful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Yup, I dont use PC at all, but I am not going to use the VR helmet thingy on my PS4 as I am sure millions of other owners of a PS4 wont either. There should be an option to just turn the light off when not needed. Just that simple, options.

That VR helmet thingy could be a really big deal on the PS4 in a few years!

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Otacon wrote: »
    When it is charging, it will periodically flash orange. When it's charged, it will stop. That is pretty useful.

The Strength of the colour Orange signals how long left until full charge too.
    Dark Orange means Low battery, then the orange gets lighter until its fully charged!

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

PS4 Last of Us looks like it will be a good game.

Question - Gamestop preorder price is 49.99. Not bad. Do prices usually go up after release date to the typical 65 euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Peppa Cig wrote: »
    PS4 Last of Us looks like it will be a good game.

Question - Gamestop preorder price is 49.99. Not bad. Do prices usually go up after release date to the typical 65 euro?

Any higher than €49.99 would be incredibly dumb by the shops considering how much it is on PSN. But then again this is GameStop etc that we're talking about

Mark your calendars

Sony Gamescom 2014 Press Conference - August 12
    Sony's Gamescom press conference will take place on Tuesday, August 12 at 7:00pm local time (6:00pm UK time), the platform holder has confirmed.

While there aren't any hints at what to expect from the show, Worldwide Studios president Shuhei Yoshida has previously suggested that there could be some new games revealed during Sony's press conference, teasing last month that Sony still had "some things for GamesCom [and] TGS as well."

I would expect to see Guerrilla's new game and something from Media Molecule.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm hopeful we'll see something from the Ratchet remake.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Can anyone recommend a travel bag for the ps4? Going to be doing a bit of moving about for the next while and want to travel with it securely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a travel bag for the ps4? Going to be doing a bit of moving about for the next while and want to travel with it securely.

I use this set up

security-fail.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

jaffusmax wrote: »
    I use this set up

security-fail.jpg

???

I use something like this. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B002G3M5M0/ref=redir_mdp_mobile
    Plenty of room for console, controllers and cables.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

IKEA have these different sizes bags and backpacks between €15 and €30 that look tough on the outside that look good for the job. I'd stick a tshirt or foam down the bottom just to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I use something like this. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B002G3M5M0/ref=redir_mdp_mobile
    Plenty of room for console, controllers and cables.

Grand I might just pick up a decent laptop bag so. Would 15.4 be enough?

Grand I might just pick up a decent laptop bag so. Would 15.4 be enough?

Should be. Mine is an old bag and there is plenty of room.
    If you have time you should have a look in PC World or Harvey Norman. Bound to find something there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

cloud493 wrote: »
    I'm hopeful we'll see something from the Ratchet remake.

Ratchet totally skipped me by so I'm looking forward to getting into a latest gen version.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

I'm trying to find photo mode in Infamous Second Son but I've no idea where it is. Would the update have automatically installed or do I need to manually update the game? Checked the main interface of the game, no mention of an update. Also checked the PSN store, no mention there either? Any ideas?

Could it be installed already and I just don't know it? If so, how do I access photo mode?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

infamous second son photo mode tutorial

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

wheres the best place to buy a US psn card online and get the code emailed? i dont it before and just dont remember off which site.

MarkY91 wrote: »
    wheres the best place to buy a US psn card online and get the code emailed? i dont it before and just dont remember off which site.

I did it on the us amazon but u need to change a few cc details and ur shipping address

I did it on the us amazon but u need to change a few cc details and ur shipping address

i saw them all being like 35 pound for a 20 dollar card :eek: i realised i did it before on pcgamesupply.com which is grand. thats trials fusion + octodad for me :D

MarkY91 wrote: »
    i saw them all being like 35 pound for a 20 dollar card :eek: i realised i did it before on pcgamesupply.com which is grand. thats trials fusion + octodad for me :D

Buy directly from the US Amazon it 50$ for 50$. Check out a few google search on how to buy from the US Amazon and your laughing! :pac::pac::pac:

http://www.amazon.com/50-PlayStation-Store-Gift-Card/dp/B004RMK4P8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1405696384&sr=8-1&keywords=psn+card+50

Buy directly from the US Amazon it 50$ for 50$. Check out a few google search on how to buy from the US Amazon and your laughing! :pac::pac::pac:

http://www.amazon.com/50-PlayStation-Store-Gift-Card/dp/B004RMK4P8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1405696384&sr=8-1&keywords=psn+card+50

i should check that out! no more "activation fee"

says it wil ltake 3 hours to download octodad. is psn having issues? itd take me usually about 30 mins to downlaod something of 2.5gb :\

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Spoonman75

So I tried the internet browser on the PS4 last night. Took a look at Boards and some YouTube videos and a thought occurred to me. Is the PS4 liable to get a virus like a regular laptop or desktop PC? Would it be secure to access my email? Just wondering since the PS4 doesn't seem to have antivirus software (none that I installed at any rate). It's also hooked up to a network involving 2 other laptops. I'm not mad about the browser itself I only used it because I was too damn lazy to switch on my laptop!

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

No, it's fine.

so after playing octodad after months of wanting it. ive come to the clonclusion that its the worst game i have ever played. </3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Any body know the cheapest place to buy one if those blue controllers? Online or in store

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement