Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Knack. Any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

Us psn cards here.

Really good used them plenty of times. No need for acting the clown with credit cards just use your email and Irish visa debit they email it within the hour. Usually within minutes. Also it's not 50 for 50 or so on its 50 dollars or 20 dollars etc but you see the euro charge so a 50 dollar card is about 35 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Any body know the cheapest place to buy one if those blue controllers? Online or in store

It's out of stock ATM, but GameStop.co.uk with parcel motel is the cheapest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

CombatCow wrote: »
    It's out of stock ATM, but GameStop.co.uk with parcel motel is the cheapest.

How much would that be do ya know?

€54 delivered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

CombatCow wrote: »
    €54 delivered

Cheers man

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭Edsonbarboza

Anyone know of ps4 with the ufc game bundle? or even the cheapest ps4 with extra controller?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

MarkY91 wrote: »
    wheres the best place to buy a US psn card online and get the code emailed? i dont it before and just dont remember off which site.
    You could also just get a US digital PSN code off playasia, once you pay you get the code within a few hours. I didn't need any other details besides my credit card, no US address or anything. I used one recently to top up my wallet and get Sniper Elite 3 (which is cool) for roughly €35 digitally :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Anyone know of ps4 with the ufc game bundle? or even the cheapest ps4 with extra controller?

thanks
    Ufc game is terrible imo and im a huge ufc fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭AGoodison

mickstupp wrote: »
    You could also just get a US digital PSN code off playasia, once you pay you get the code within a few hours. I didn't need any other details besides my credit card, no US address or anything. I used one recently to top up my wallet and get Sniper Elite 3 (which is cool) for roughly €35 digitally :D

Or the fastest and cheapest one which is Amazon.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

GrayFox208 wrote: »
    Us psn cards here.

Really good used them plenty of times. No need for acting the clown with credit cards just use your email and Irish visa debit they email it within the hour. Usually within minutes. Also it's not 50 for 50 or so on its 50 dollars or 20 dollars etc but you see the euro charge so a 50 dollar card is about 35 euro.

So for this to work, all I need to do is have a american account set up and set my PS4 to the primary device for it and PS plus will work on all primary accounts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Knack. Any good?

Depends on the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Knack. Any good?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Red controller now available to order at Argos http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=143%2F2134

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I spent the weekend playing DRIVECLUB, LittleBigPlanet 3 and Minecraft on the PS4 at the Scottish Car Show.

DRIVECLUB was the E3 2014 demo with three different road circuits, in Norway, India and (I think) Chile. Unfortunately, this was not the build with the dynamic weather effects but it did show off the improved visuals. It looks stunning. But what impressed me more was the sound. I will most certainly be getting the full game on release.

LittleBigPlanet 3 was a lot of fun. It plays a lot like the previous titles but the floatiness is gone - or at least dampened down quite a lot. In four-player, it is a laugh.

Minecraft... is Minecraft... this time, on PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Otacon wrote: »
    I spent the weekend playing DRIVECLUB, LittleBigPlanet 3 and Minecraft on the PS4 at the Scottish Car Show.

DRIVECLUB was the E3 2014 demo with three different road circuits, in Norway, India and (I think) Chile. Unfortunately, this was not the build with the dynamic weather effects but it did show off the improved visuals. It looks stunning. But what impressed me more was the sound. I will most certainly be getting the full game on release.

LittleBigPlanet 3 was a lot of fun. It plays a lot like the previous titles but the floatiness is gone - or at least dampened down quite a lot. In four-player, it is a laugh.

Minecraft... is Minecraft... this time, on PS4.

what does floatiness mean? did LBP look much better than on ps3? it looked damn good enough on ps3

MarkY91 wrote: »
    what does floatiness mean? did LBP look much better than on ps3? it looked damn good enough on ps3

When I say floatiness, I'm referring to the jumping animation. It always felt like you were in a world at half-gravity. The top arc of your jumps always felt like they lasted too long. LBP3 reduces this.

It looked like it was 1080p. Very clear and the textures were really vibrant. I can't really compare it to the PS3 as I didn't see them sie-by-side.

With four characters, the framerate dropped a bit but it was a demo so I can let it slide.

Destiny beta is back open again FYI

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The new firmware update is live, the release notes only say it improves system stability so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Can you save Twitch streams to YouTube?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Otacon wrote: »

stupid question, but i've not been keeping up with the latest on driveclub. does it have car damage? might be getting the game anyway but much prefer those with car damage as it makes you think twice about taking unrealistic risks while racing.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

Finally getting a ps4 early next week I'm getting infamous with it. But I also have the ps+ games bought since they started what should I play first on ps+. How about the free to play but hats the best

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Get some Resogun into ya

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Get some Resogun into ya

Definitely Resogun, maybe Don't Starve, not everyones taste(ba-dum tish).
    Dead Nation is pretty decent too.

War Thunder(haven't played in a while though).

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

Cool watch some of that looks good mad to play outlast to

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Anyone having problems since installing the new firmware update? I was watching Netflix on the PS4 last night, but when I went to turn the PS4 off, the home button wouldn't work at all. I tried turning it off using the power button on the front, but it still wouldn't turn off, it just froze. Eventually I had to unplug and reboot into safe mode, which got it working again, but I'm afraid of this happening again and damaging the console. Anyone in the same boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

martyos121 wrote: »
    Anyone having problems since installing the new firmware update? I was watching Netflix on the PS4 last night, but when I went to turn the PS4 off, the home button wouldn't work at all. I tried turning it off using the power button on the front, but it still wouldn't turn off, it just froze. Eventually I had to unplug and reboot into safe mode, which got it working again, but I'm afraid of this happening again and damaging the console. Anyone in the same boat?

I stopped using netflix on my ps4. It would constantly freeze on my launch console and I constantly had to hard reset the console. I think that is why it broke on me as it did not cool down properly. I had to get it replaced!

Yeah there have been reports of netflix issues with this new firmware.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Can you save Twitch streams to YouTube?

You can save the streams to your twitch archive and then export them to Youtube

• Advertisement

stupid question, but i've not been keeping up with the latest on driveclub. does it have car damage? might be getting the game anyway but much prefer those with car damage as it makes you think twice about taking unrealistic risks while racing.

I noticed cosmetic damage, but no race affecting damage.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement