Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,662 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Think I'm going to have to send my PS4 to Sony to be fixed. Still having the disk eject problem. Would rather just get it fixed and be done with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

jaffusmax wrote: »
    I stopped using netflix on my ps4. It would constantly freeze on my launch console and I constantly had to hard reset the console. I think that is why it broke on me as it did not cool down properly. I had to get it replaced!

Why i use plex most the time now, less hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Penn wrote: »
    Think I'm going to have to send my PS4 to Sony to be fixed. Still having the disk eject problem. Would rather just get it fixed and be done with.

Great thing is when u get it fixed your warranty is extend for a year for then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm not sure if theres anything wrong with mine. Sometimes its very loud, specially when playing killzone, and its very slow when I go onto the menu from dead nation. But it still works fine, so I don't know if its worth sending it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Otacon wrote: »
    I noticed cosmetic damage, but no race affecting damage.

Thank you for answering that. Shame its not a part of it, doing stupid things should be costly in a racing game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

cloud493 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if theres anything wrong with mine. Sometimes its very loud, specially when playing killzone, and its very slow when I go onto the menu from dead nation. But it still works fine, so I don't know if its worth sending it off.

Just Make sure it's in a well ventilated area, also that Dead Nation slowdown is a known bug with the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

Before you do; I had this problem for ages and solved it; put something under the PS4.

Basically, the Eject button goes under the ps4 a little, it touches the table. The PS4 can mistake this for the button being pressed.

What I did was put pieces of cardboard under each of the four corners of the console, so its raised about a centimeter up from the table.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Before you do; I had this problem for ages and solved it; put something under the PS4.

Basically, the Eject button goes under the ps4 a little, it touches the table. The PS4 can mistake this for the button being pressed.

What I did was put pieces of cardboard under each of the four corners of the console, so its raised about a centimeter up from the table.

Interesting! I wonder if static electricity has anything to do with the Eject issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,662 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Might end up having to do this. Took a quick look last night and thought I'd put the receipt in the PS4 box, but it's not there. Think I read somewhere else that without the receipt you have to pay for Sony to fix it. Don't know if that's true though.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

Might end up having to do this. Took a quick look last night and thought I'd put the receipt in the PS4 box, but it's not there. Think I read somewhere else that without the receipt you have to pay for Sony to fix it. Don't know if that's true though.

If you paid by credit card I'm nearly sure your statement can be used as proof of purchase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭stephen1990

Apologies if this kind of post isn't allowed but just looking for some game recommendations.

I got a ps4 about 2 weeks ago and just looking for some good title.

I have MGS, Killzone and Watch Dogs, not a big Indie fan, all be it Resogun was class.

Is Infamous worth getting, think its the biggest exclusive?

Any recommendations welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Apologies if this kind of post isn't allowed but just looking for some game recommendations.

I got a ps4 about 2 weeks ago and just looking for some good title.

I have MGS, Killzone and Watch Dogs, not a big Indie fan, all be it Resogun was class.

Is Infamous worth getting, think its the biggest exclusive?

Any recommendations welcome

Based on the games you already have, and assuming you like them, inFAMOUS would be a good pick. You should also look out for Tomb Raider, Assassin's Creed IV and Trine 2.

Also, you mention you don't like indies (I still don't get this BTW) but try Guacamelee - it is outstanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Yeah, if you haven't got the latest Tomb Raider and Assassins Creed, they're great.

+1 on those.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Early launch adopter, played the PS4 for maybe two weeks, and I've barely turned it on since.

Can't say I'm really regretting the purchase, but I definitly amnt getting any value from it. The games look so meh and not appealing what so ever. Find myself always going onto the PC to play one of the like four games I ever play on it.

Havn't really bought anything for it I suppose, so might look into giving a lash into one of the recent releases, like Wolfenstein or something.

I knew at purchase that it was probably a silly move being an early adopter, as titles are slow to come out, but really seems to be a lack of anything appealing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Next Gen Gamer

I'm playing wolfenstein at the minute and it's brilliant. Like a very much improved medal of honor. It can be bought in Smyths at the minute for 34.99 on ps4.

Hmm, with a baby inbound in the coming days, figured my gaming is best served playing consoles I can just dip out and into.

34.99 is a smashing price to be fair for a relatively new PS4 game. Might give this a look. I noticed they had a good few games for great prices in there last weekend

As I walked past them down to the baby section buying ****ing bottles :(

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

I wouldn't think you'd need a receipt, I mean, all PS4s come from Sony so its not as if they need proof you have one from them, and its not even been out a year, so the guarantee isnt up yet.

As for that issue, mine was spitting out discs every time I had it on but I did that afew months ago and its been perfect since.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

Im getting a Ps4 in the morning the Infamous mega pack. Two controllers, ps4 camera and Infamous cant wait

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

is the psn store down all day? haven't been able to access it at all, just a blank blue screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Does anyone have a spare destiny beta code. If so, I would really appreciate it. Would like to give this game a try

P.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Messi19

padair wrote: »
    Does anyone have a spare destiny beta code. If so, I would really appreciate it. Would like to give this game a try

P.

Pre order from the store, download the beta then cancel the pre order

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Messi19 wrote: »
    Pre order from the store, download the beta then cancel the pre order

How big is the beta download?

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Messi19

How big is the beta download?

10 or 11 gig

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Psn down for anybody else ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Did anyone upgrade guacamelee from the vita version we got on ps+ to the ps4 edition? I vaguely remember something about being able to upgrade for a few euro. Did anyone do it or know how to do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Did anyone upgrade guacamelee from the vita version we got on ps+ to the ps4 edition? I vaguely remember something about being able to upgrade for a few euro. Did anyone do it or know how to do it?

I did the upgrade but not from the PS+ version. I bought Guacamelee on release and when STCE was put on the store, there was an upgrade version of the game on the PS4 store too so I used that.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 polarax

I preordered destiny through the PS store and was wondering does anyone know how to cancel the preorder?

The Destiny beta is now in open mode, so anyone with a PSN account or Xbox live can get it, no need to pre-order

Trying to see if I can download via web brwoser, maybe this is something that will get me playing the PS4 :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

polarax wrote: »
    I preordered destiny through the PS store and was wondering does anyone know how to cancel the preorder?

Settings, PSN, account info, wallet, transaction history and cancel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Drunkenly ordered a PS4 last night with Watch Dogs. Any other titles I should be looking to buy... Preferably when sober. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement