Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

That_Guy wrote: »
    Drunkenly ordered a PS4 last night with Watch Dogs. Any other titles I should be looking to buy... Preferably when sober. :pac:

Wolfenstein is currently 34.99 in Smyths and you really can't go wrong at that price, hell at full price it's still well worth picking up. Easily the best shooter of the past few years and most surpsrisiognly of all it's also rather emotional. Once I work through a bit of my backlog, I'll be taking a second run through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Wolfenstein is currently 34.99 in Smyths and you really can't go wrong at that price, hell at full price it's still well worth picking up. Easily the best shooter of the past few years and most surpsrisiognly of all it's also rather emotional. Once I work through a bit of my backlog, I'll be taking a second run through it.

Good price. Have heard decent things so will give it a bash. Can already feel the backlog piling up in my head. :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I can't recommend Wolfenstein high enough, one of the best console games Ive played in past 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭hangar18_

Its at full price again was in claremorris store €64.99

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

TheDoc wrote: »
    The Destiny beta is now in open mode, so anyone with a PSN account or Xbox live can get it, no need to pre-order

Trying to see if I can download via web brwoser, maybe this is something that will get me playing the PS4 :D

How do I get this beta on ps4 without having to pre-order and cancel order after download?

edit: saw it now on psn store, they made a link where you don't have to preorder!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

hangar18_ wrote: »

Yeah it was still half price online last night was going to pick it up today and noticed this morning it went up to full price online :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

hangar18_ wrote: »

****e! I was going to pick it up today too :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Pity about Wolfenstein, kept walking by it in Smyths at that price and held myself back, didnt realise it was so good :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Pity about Wolfenstein, kept walking by it in Smyths at that price and held myself back, didnt realise it was so good :(

It's not good. It's frickin AMAZEBALLS!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Taltos wrote: »
    It's not good. It's frickin AMAZEBALLS!!!

Like i am with you on that is probably the best game i have played on the PS4 the story the gameplay everything is perfect with the game i just hope they make a another one ?. Has there been any word on it so far ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Next Gen Gamer

That_Guy wrote: »
    Good price. Have heard decent things so will give it a bash. Can already feel the backlog piling up in my head. :pac:

I second the Wolfenstein praise. It's very good. Only for it I wouldn't be arsed playing the ps4 at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

£32 on Amazon Uk with free delivery to Ireland.
    =€40

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Can you aim on wolfenstein like Battlefield /call of duty, or is it all shoot from the hip?

According to sony pictures, Uncharted the movie is coming to the big screen in the middle of 2016!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

hallo dare wrote: »
    Can you aim on wolfenstein like Battlefield /call of duty, or is it all shoot from the hip?

Of course.

Davei141 wrote: »
    Of course.

Grand, cos a few of the youtube vids i seen didn't really show that, everyone seemed to be hip shooting, that was putting me off picking it up. Shall purchase today. Thanks

Peppa Cig wrote: »
    £32 on Amazon Uk with free delivery to Ireland.
    =€40

€49.99 in Xtra-Vision & HMV

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Not anymore, looks like the price has went up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Anyone else remember playing wolfenstein from a floppy disc :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Grand, cos a few of the youtube vids i seen didn't really show that, everyone seemed to be hip shooting, that was putting me off picking it up. Shall purchase today. Thanks

You can go stealth and tactical or run & gun they were obviously running and gunning on an easy mode.

• Advertisement

€49.99 in Xtra-Vision & HMV

Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4) BRAND NEW AND SEALED - IN STOCK

€38 delivered to Ireland fron Ebay

Peppa Cig wrote: »
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4) BRAND NEW AND SEALED - IN STOCK

€38 delivered to Ireland fron Ebay

You mean THIS one?
    Seems good value but be aware it's a Region 3 copy which is Asia I think.
    You might not be able to trade it in the future

You mean THIS one?

True, didn't see that. Amazon Uk better option so if you can wait a week for delivery.
    Anyone pre order last of us. Never played it on ps3 so should be good on ps4.hopefully

You mean THIS one?

Noy only that, but you won't get the Doom beta!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

You mean THIS one?

PS4 is region free though from what i remember shu and cerny mentioning.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

BordorFox wrote: »
    PS4 is region free though from what i remember shu and cerny mentioning.

Games are region free, he was saying that some stores won't accept out of region games(because of dlc).

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Next Gen Gamer

No you can aim, it's a shooter on rails but in one way to put it under that category is really doing it an injustice. You can vary off the path to a degree to gather collectables which give you more ammo , better weapons etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Wolfenstein is absolutely fantastic. I'd go as far to say the best non exclusive on PS4 in fact. Its silky smooth, plays like a dream, has a cool upgrade system that rewards skilful play, its fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

The Laserkraftwerk is awesome in it. It's a great game, old school style fps.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

Wolfenstein is one of those FPS that actually focuses on one player not multiplayer with a fantastic story and gameplay.

I exchanged watchdogs for wolfenstein and i love it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement