Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Anyone else remember playing wolfenstein from a floppy disc :-P

Aye, only played the free shareware levels that were on the cover of just about every PC mag back then. iirc only the walls were "textured" and I can remember being blown away when I first played a game where the ceilings and floors were textured as well. For some reason I think it was a sci-fi wolfenstein type game made by id as well. Anybody enlighten me, the name of it has completely escaped me. Oh, and sorry for the OT tangent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

cloud493 wrote: »
    Wolfenstein is absolutely fantastic. I'd go as far to say the best non exclusive on PS4 in fact. Its silky smooth, plays like a dream, has a cool upgrade system that rewards skilful play, its fantastic.

I second this, absolutely brilliant game. So much thought went into the different types of enemies you really need to use strategy on the harder difficulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

For anyone interested, here is a highlight reel for the Scottish Car Show - specifically the Faster than Life event where I played DC, LBP3 and Minecraft.

You even get to see my wrist at 1:37!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

sugarman wrote: »
    Having a serious issue with my ps4, was in the middle of a game, no more than being on for 10mins and it spat the disc out on its own accord.

It now wont accept a disc when I try feed it in.

And approx every 30seconds whilst the consoles on the home screen its making a weird noise likes its trying to read a disc.

Anyone experience this before? Is it fooked? :(

Consoles only 8months old and barley used, tops 3/4hrs per week if even.

Ring PlayStation support and get a reference number and if it keeps happening you will get a replacement or it fixed plus another years warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

What's everyone thinking about Destiny? I've been playing the beta since yesterday I'm liking it so far but it seems like it could get boring very easily, just kept running around in circles doing missions that seemed the same as the last one I just did

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    What's everyone thinking about Destiny? I've been playing the beta since yesterday I'm liking it so far but it seems like it could get boring very easily, just kept running around in circles doing missions that seemed the same as the last one I just did

Definitely won't be purchasing!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Can't help comparing the aiming to Wolfenstein and finding it somehow lacking, it is a beta though so hopefully...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Im looking for a game that I can pump a hundred hours into, this might be it.

Playing the beta a lot and enjoying it. MP not so much though.

Movement seems very sluggish in MP compared to story mode

hallo dare wrote: »
    Definitely won't be purchasing!

Whys that?

Destiny is a must buy IMO. It's going to be something special.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Davei141 wrote: »

I had some doubts until someone kindly gave me a beta key! Now its on preorder already payed for! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Definitely getting it. It'll be fun co-op and competitive.

Whys that?

Reminds me too much of Halo! And that was way over rated imo.

Reminds me too much of Halo! And that was way over rated imo.

Yeah I know what you mean thought the same myself but I liked halo (wouldn't spend €60) but liked it, but think Destiny seems a lot more enjoyable imo Idk if I'd pay full prive for it tho

Davei141 wrote: »

Did you not find the beta a bit boring? I liked it for the first couple of hours but it started to get boring after that, I'm gonna have a blast on the Moon now tho and see what's that's like

Did you not find the beta a bit boring? I liked it for the first couple of hours but it started to get boring after that, I'm gonna have a blast on the Moon now tho and see what's that's like

It is capped though and there was only 6 levels (Moon aside) so not that surprising you got a bit bored. Imagine when the full game is released and you get to use all the higher level weapons/armour and play many more tougher levels. I personally can't wait for this, reminds me so much of borderlands, a game that i loved.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

sugarman wrote: »
    Having a serious issue with my ps4, was in the middle of a game, no more than being on for 10mins and it spat the disc out on its own accord.

It now wont accept a disc when I try feed it in.

And approx every 30seconds whilst the consoles on the home screen its making a weird noise likes its trying to read a disc.

Anyone experience this before? Is it fooked? :(

Consoles only 8months old and barley used, tops 3/4hrs per week if even.

Yip, this happened me too. To fix it:
    It seems the Eject button is not only present on the front, but it goes underneath the PS4 too. Ensure this isnt touching the table the PS4 is on.

To remedy this, I put pieces of cardboard under of the four corners of the console; so simply put, ensure the bottom centre of the console is about a centimeter or more off the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Has anyone bought a PS4 in the US and had any issues with it working here? Thinking of getting one for christmas

Mc Love wrote: »
    Has anyone bought a PS4 in the US and had any issues with it working here? Thinking of getting one for christmas

Why would you not just buy it here?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

It will work - only issue is if it develops a fault.
    It would be costly posting to the US for repair.

Sony EU will not honour your warranty.

• Advertisement

Interesting, only to get it cheaper.

Interesting, only to get it cheaper.

It'll hardly work out much cheaper in the end with import tax and power converter. Remember the US use 110v,we use 230v. Save yourself the hassle and get here, or even up the North in Newry or somewhere.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

It'll hardly work out much cheaper in the end with import tax and power converter. Remember the US use 110v,we use 230v. Save yourself the hassle and get here, or even up the North in Newry or somewhere.

Converter? :confused:
    Figure 8 lead will do.

May get away with import tax.

Only problem I would have was if it developed a fault - no warranty coverage.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Converter? :confused:
    Figure 8 lead will do.

May get away with import tax.

Only problem I would have was if it developed a fault - no warranty coverage.
    Is the PS4 power supply universal? As in, you can plug a US ps4 into an Irish socket?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

You just need a adapter for the plug or swap the US lead out for a EU one which are common.

Varik wrote: »
    You just need a adapter for the plug or swap the US lead out for a EU one which are common.

Maybe so, but the below link is from PS US and it would be a shocking waste of money if all went tits up.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5211

Thanks - looks like I may just get it here

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Maybe so, but the below link is from PS US and it would be a shocking waste of money if all went tits up.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5211

Sony said the same thing for the PS3, many people have imported already and shown the PS4 does have a universal power supply.

I still wouldn't as while the PS4 seems to be very reliable the main issue is if you get a DOA console.

Varik wrote: »
    Sony said the same thing for the PS3, many people have imported already and shown the PS4 does have a universal power supply.

I still wouldn't as while the PS4 seems to be very reliable the main issue is if you get a DOA console.

Fair enough. But i think i be happier paying the extra few quid for peace of mind if you had aby issues!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

WEll that was a good weekend of Destiny fun. Thankfully a game has come along that has me interested in my Ps4 and more importantly, playing it frequently.

Put in my pre-order last night on Amazon. Anyone know if any walkin stores are doing it for €50? Gamestop quoted me €74.99, was in there getting a present for a nephew and thought I'd ask. Still shocked at the price of their stuff. Watch dogs is still €74.99 in there : /

Hoping over the remainder of the summer to TRY get some more console gaming in instead of my PC gaming, and to clear off a bit of my backlog. Have some heavy hitting titles to clear on my PS3, nevermind PS4 :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement