Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

Gamestop are such a rip off.

I sent them a mail about their Watch Dogs price being the most expensive in Ireland/online and they basically said tough we had plenty of trade in offers etc.
    xxx (GameStop)
    10 Jun 11:20

Hi xxx,

I am sorry to hear you feel that way. There was trade-in deals available in all our stores coming up to the release of Watchdogs, in order for you to get the game at a lower price.
    Unfortunately €74.99 is the price for the game at the moment. However I have noted this down, and I will pass your concerns on to a manager.

Kind regards
    xxx

I wish people would stop buying games there, only then will they change.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Their trade in "deals" are not good either, you have to give up 2 games plus €9.99.

If you got 2 of your games from amazon and paid €40 odd, thats €80 plus the 9.99 for the gamestop "deal".

Depending on the game you can get up to €35 - €40 cash in CEX for it...

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Next Gen Gamer

CombatCow wrote: »
    Their trade in "deals" are not good either, you have to give up 2 games plus €9.99.

If you got 2 of your games from amazon and paid €40 odd, thats €80 plus the 9.99 for the gamestop "deal".

Depending on the game you can get up to €35 - €40 cash in CEX for it...
    Prime example..... last week I traded watchdogs into Cex for €42 and then bought wolfenstein on special offer for €35. Result!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Otacon wrote: »

Very disappointed regards my digital ps3 games and psnow. I would have loved to play tlou on my vita as i am not paying again for the ps4 version.

• Advertisement

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Very disappointed regards my digital ps3 games and psnow. I would have loved to play tlou on my vita as i am not paying again for the ps4 version.

It is disappointing but it was also expected. They simply couldn't offer it as a service like that as hosting that many games on the service has such a large overhead.

I'm still hopeful of a Netflix-like subscription model with a reasonable price. Without it, I don't see myself making the jump to PSNow.

Otacon wrote: »
    It is disappointing but it was also expected. They simply couldn't offer it as a service like that as hosting that many games on the service has such a large overhead.

I'm still hopeful of a Netflix-like subscription model with a reasonable price. Without it, I don't see myself making the jump to PSNow.

At the moment im over saturated with games on many formats. So long as ps plus gamed are still offered and up to good standard that will do me.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Psnow will only work if they will go Netflix on our asses.
    I cant see it work at all with current pricing. Need idea, but they already pricing themselves out of market.

Firmware 1.75 is now available to download.
    Patch Notes:

-Playback of Blu-ray 3D™ is now supported.

-Sound quality has been improved during 1.5x playback with Blu-ray Disc™ and DVD videos.

-System messages previously displayed on the top-right corner of the screen are now displayed on the top-left corner of the screen.

-[Featured Content] has been added to (Settings) > [System] > [Automatic Downloads and Uploads].

-When this setting is enabled, featured content from the PlayStation®Store is automatically downloaded while the PS4™ system is either powered on or in standby mode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Frozen 3D on PS4 :cool:

• Advertisement

I have a lazy eye so this update is just making me feel sorry for myself :*(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

cloud493 wrote: »
    Frozen 3D on PS4 :cool:

Have been able to play this in 3D for months on my TV ;) Just need to plug a USB into the TV and i am away

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

Yes! Messages in the top left now; good to get the important stuff out of the way instead of crap like MP3 support

Does anyone know do Gamestop/Smyths except trade in's for game bought abroad (VGP)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Does anyone know do Gamestop/Smyths except trade in's for game bought abroad (VGP)

Unlikely.
    Barcode may get rejected when they scan it in.
    I'm assuming they'll scan it in to price it up for you.

Reason they could cite, would be dlc.
    Some people would assume the EU dlc should work on a game bought in the EU.

They don't.

Makes sense, can't complain after paying less in the first place.

Cex don't take them anymore either I don't think.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Makes sense, can't complain after paying less in the first place.

You can still sell it privately - make sure they understand where they need to get the dlc from(if any).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

If you have access to a good quality printer and paper, just download an EU cover for the game or borrow a friends box and scan the cover, print it out and replace the existing cover and bring it into them, they will take it then.

• Advertisement

Gonna be one of those people and ask stupid questions :pac:
    Where I do buy American PSN credit?
    How does it work using it on my PS4?

Xenji wrote: »
    If you have access to a good quality printer and paper, just download an EU cover for the game or borrow a friends box and scan the cover, print it out and replace the existing cover and bring it into them, they will take it then.

Lol Love it!!!!! Gamestop here I come!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

Iv sold mine in Hmv with no issues
    GameStop rejects them

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

Gonna be one of those people and ask stupid questions :pac:
    Where I do buy American PSN credit?
    How does it work using it on my PS4?

I'm sure this is stickied somewhere... anyhow;
    I bought The Last of Us Remastered for $50~€37 on US PSN, bought a $50 store card on Amazon.com, using an Oregon hotel address (avoids sales tax), used my Irish debit card with the billing address as the Hotel address, all worked fine, had my code and bought the game in 5 mins, i'll be playing this tomorrow. Better than giving Scamstop any money.

Thought I share post a pic my wife took of me gaming. Lucky woman!

sZHuqKB.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Cex don't take them anymore either I don't think.

oh really? crap. adverts.ie it is then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Where did you get the extreme gaming chair ...or did the missis put you in the corner and she caught you sneeking out of it for a quickie (game) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

sZHuqKB.jpg

Edge of the seat stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Edge of the seat stuff.

Childsplay!

• Advertisement

Americas PSN is a lot nicer than ours.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement