Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Nearly €22 for the Oddworld remake:eek: A little bit on the steep side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Infamous first light getting a physical release :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Nearly €22 for the Oddworld remake:eek: A little bit on the steep side.

Im tempted to buy it as i never played threw the original game. Aint talked to anyone who has it or who has played it yet just been reading reviews which seem positive.

Anyone on here who can comment weather its worth the money or ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

my order of TLOU has been shipped on monday from VGP. when do you guys think i should get it? im dying to play TLOU again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

MarkY91 wrote: »
    my order of TLOU has been shipped on monday from VGP. when do you guys think i should get it? im dying to play TLOU again :D

If you used the cheapest delivery option, 10-14 days.

• Advertisement

Xenji wrote: »
    If you used the cheapest delivery option, 10-14 days.

****e. shoulda just bought it in dublin :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Anyone try out that pool game with the shiny balls yet? might get it if it's half decent.

nocoverart wrote: »
    Anyone try out that pool game with the shiny balls yet? might get it if it's half decent.

saw someone play it on the ps4 streaming app. looks decent. how much is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Did someone say that Gamestop are doing a deal for trading in Infamous:SS for TLOU?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Theres a list of games they'll take on trade-in in order to get TLOU for €9.99.

Infamous : Second Son and Watch Dogs are both on the list.

• Advertisement

HMV are also doing 30% extra on trade ins till the end of tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Theres a list of games they'll take on trade-in in order to get TLOU for €9.99.

Infamous : Second Son and Watch Dogs are both on the list.

Cool thanks. Think I'll do that. I enjoyed Infamous, but its obviously kinda short. Plus I've never played TLOU so by all accounts I'm in for a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

MarkY91 wrote: »
    saw someone play it on the ps4 streaming app. looks decent. how much is it?

7 euro with the PS+ discount I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Cool thanks. Think I'll do that. I enjoyed Infamous, but its obviously kinda short. Plus I've never played TLOU so by all accounts I'm in for a treat.

xtravision and hmv offer for last of us
    http://www.xtra-vision.ie/last-of-us-games

If your fast enough in HMV/xtravision, trade in watchdogs for €40, add 30% to that and its a straight swap for TLOU.

cloud493 wrote: »
    If your fast enough in HMV/xtravision, trade in watchdogs for €40, add 30% to that and its a straight swap for TLOU.

The 30% is included in the €40. I traded in my copy a week a ago and was told that the 30% was included.

The 30% is included in the €40. I traded in my copy a week a ago and was told that the 30% was included.

Then they are talking ****e. The base value is €40, the 30% should be added on. I traded in an xbox one version last week, ended up with just over €50.

cloud493 wrote: »
    Then they are talking ****e. The base value is €40, the 30% should be added on. I traded in an xbox one version last week, ended up with just over €50.

I traded it in hmv and was putting it towards last of us. On the board with all the trade ins it was down as 44 but I was told that it had to be used there and then or I would only get around 35 in cash . Took them around 10 minutes to actually sort out the preorder. I've traded games in xtravision and they were able to put the full credit on to my account no problem so I think it's an issue with hmv

No, they should put it onto a gift card if you don't want to spend it right there. I'd say thats a HMV problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Im tempted to buy it as i never played threw the original game. Aint talked to anyone who has it or who has played it yet just been reading reviews which seem positive.

Anyone on here who can comment weather its worth the money or ?

Think I'm going to buy it... tho I might wait until August 6th and see if there's a PS+ discount on it.

Probably my favourite game when in school. Replayed it recently when it went up on PSN as a classic re-release... Still plays great but I'm eager to play it in nice n' tasty 3d.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Pure Pool looks decent enough for €7 on PSN.

Does anyone think the PS4 will eventually support all Bluetooth headsets?

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

Anyone know the best price for console with or without bundle at the moment in bricks and mortar shops? Have €350 in one4all vouchers that I want to use!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

stop wrote: »
    Anyone know the best price for console with or without bundle at the moment in bricks and mortar shops? Have €350 in one4all vouchers that I want to use!

Argos - €390 for console only. http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=PS4&authToken=
    They take one4all vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

F1ngers wrote: »

Also they have special offer discounts on games when bought with the console aaaand you'll receive a free €10 voucher to use on a future in-store purchase if you buy before 5th August 2014

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Next Gen Gamer

stop wrote: »

I was am early adopter for the console, day release in fact and to be honest I was caught up in the hype train a little. If given the opportunity again I might have held on to my PS3 a little longer and bought one for Christmas this year. My advice to you is to wait a while unless you really must have one. There aren't too many games out or coming out anytime soon that are crying out "buy a PS4 to play me". The likes of Destiny can be played on several platforms. I'm sure you probably have a last gen console. Much better value with all that ps+ back catalogue too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I did the same last week and got like 42.50 and the receipt definitely showed the extra 30 percent so the base price went down last week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 The Chocolate Thunder

I'm unsure of buying a PSN card online as I have never done it before, but does anyone know if the likes of Gamesnash or Gamestop's websites immediately email the PSN card code? If it's a drawn out process, I might just wait till Saturday before purchasing one in store.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 MorningGlory94

I'm unsure of buying a PSN card online as I have never done it before, but does anyone know if the likes of Gamesnash or Gamestop's websites immediately email the PSN card code? If it's a drawn out process, I might just wait till Saturday before purchasing one in store.

I bought a $50 card for my US account on Amazon and the code for it came up as soon as the transaction was processed. I presume it will be like this for most retailers.

sweetie wrote: »
    I did the same last week and got like 42.50 and the receipt definitely showed the extra 30 percent so the base price went down last week.

10270561_1662674240624491_402943648693510660_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Anyone know how much Wolfenstien is trading in for at GS or Smyths?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement