Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Next Gen Gamer

Keno wrote: »
    Anyone know how much Wolfenstien is trading in for at GS or Smyths?

38 in Cex I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

cloud493 wrote: »
    10270561_1662674240624491_402943648693510660_n.jpg

See my post on other thread - they must have dropped it by a fiver due to over supply and then put it back up this week. Grrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Got my PS4 on Monday. So far so good. Really enjoying the feel of the controller. Feels good during long periods of play too unlike the PS3 controller. Liking the feel of the analogue sticks. Not as loose as the DS3 and better trigger buttons.

Really slick when switching between menus.

Happy with it so far anyway. Happy that you can download items in the background whilst still playing games. Very seamless.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

That_Guy wrote: »
    Got my PS4 on Monday. So far so good. Really enjoying the feel of the controller. Feels good during long periods of play too unlike the PS3 controller. Liking the feel of the analogue sticks. Not as loose as the DS3 and better trigger buttons.

Really slick when switching between menus.

Happy with it so far anyway. Happy that you can download items in the background whilst still playing games. Very seamless.

Great that you're enjoying the console. The analogue sticks tend to wear quickly so I'd highly recommend buying a pack of these, great yokes altogether.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/ORB-Controller-Thumb-Grips-4-Pack/dp/B00GH7UA32/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406839353&sr=8-1&keywords=orb+ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

2nd controller fúcked because of the R2 button constantly sticking, getting fed up with it now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

I bought a $50 card for my US account on Amazon and the code for it came up as soon as the transaction was processed. I presume it will be like this for most retailers.

just dont use any of the credit for movies unlimited under the US account, they will take the money but refuse to show you the movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

All those who posted here in relation to thumb wear on the DS, how many hours a week do you play? I play anywhere from 12-15 hours a week and I've mine since launch and there's no wear at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

hallo dare wrote: »
    All those who posted here in relation to thumb wear on the DS, how many hours a week do you play? I play anywhere from 12-15 hours a week and I've mine since launch and there's no wear at all.

FIFA seems to be the biggest culprit. And only the left stick. No problems with any other games.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

FIFA seems to be the biggest culprit. And only the left stick. No problems with any other games.

Fifa is why my R2 button Is broke aswel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Havent played FIFA in years. Judging from this my controllers love me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

From SNES to PS1, PS1 to PS2 and N64, Xbox 360......to PS4.

"One of us, one of us. Gooble-gobble, gooble-gobble"

316777.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

dcb8fac9dd1e4b6a1ae3ae43da0d3bfff53d3cdcc83395cb8fb4df770e302287.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Damn I want Last of Us so much for Ps4.

As it sits there, unplayed on my PS3 :O

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

It's absolutely gorgeous. The opening act is.....wow.

I dunno how to add people yet so I'll just throw mine up and hope one of you takes pity and adds me.

PSN: ThatKeno

:cool::cool::cool:Thought I would regret buying TLOUR...............I Don't!!!:cool::cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Dem graphics.....

Gonna be a good Bank Holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Everyone going on about TLoU remasters amazing graphics here and elsewhere. All im seeing is a slight upgrade, better textures and aa. Can see alot of last gen in it. ALOT. Not that it looked bad to begin with on PS3.. Just wait for some gameplay footage of UC4, that will be nextgen/currentgen amazing.

PS3 footage
    iqGlktT1fGhQp.gif

Everyone going on about TLoU remasters amazing graphics here and elsewhere. All im seeing is a slight upgrade, better textures and aa. Can see alot of last gen in it. ALOT. Not that it looked bad to begin with on PS3.. Just wait for some gameplay footage of UC4, that will be nextgen/currentgen amazing.

To me its like would you want to watch your favourite ever movie on BluRay or VHS :p

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

jaffusmax wrote: »
    To me its like would you want to watch your favourite ever movie on BluRay or VHS :p

But thats analog to digital!, TLoU is Digital to slightly better digital. Its a cash grab if i've ever seen one:eek:. i know i bought the game twice .Lucky its such a great game though. Tomb raider was a proper remaster, they added more vegetation and that. TLoU didnt change anything bar the textures when it comes to sprucing up the environment. Im not complaining, well i am kinda :D, but only light heartedly .

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Next Gen Gamer

I liked it the first time round, not enough to splash the cash again. I think game developers should be creating new games,pushing boundaries a bit more and actually earning our hard earned cash. This adding a bit of shine to an already good looking game just doesn't cut it no matter how good it looks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I liked it the first time round, not enough to splash the cash again. I think game developers should be creating new games,pushing boundaries a bit more and actually earning our hard earned cash. This adding a bit of shine to an already good looking game just doesn't cut it no matter how good it looks.

If this option helps fund future endeavours and people are happy to re-buy it then I'm all for it, it's also great that it'll be available for a long time on PS4 and will make an excellent cheapie purchase some day :cool:

Also its a great introduction to the PlayStation brand for former xbox owners, plus it was going to always happen that tlou was going to make its way on to ps4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Theres a list of games they'll take on trade-in in order to get TLOU for €9.99.

Infamous : Second Son and Watch Dogs are both on the list.

Can anybody post the complete list I can't seem to find /access it on the their mobile site

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Can anybody post the complete list I can't seem to find /access it on the their mobile site

http://www.xtra-vision.ie/last-of-us-games

I was looking for the GS list but cheers anyway ;)

Yano them analog grips? Would a pair of silicone ones of eBay for 1.25 be grand? Like they don't seem dented in but would that even matter and are they worth buying overall

Grabbed the Last of Us today. Had it on PS3 but never got around to it and when I did it was at a point where I knew there would be an upgrade and considering it would have all the DLC I figured I'd wait. Won't get a chance to get into the game till next weekend but I'm looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,990 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

ItsHoggie wrote: »

Here's the gamestop list

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

whats the TLOU DLC like? never bought the DLC on ps3.

• Advertisement

Here's the gamestop list

Thanks man!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement