Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Going to get back into battlefield, I've not played Navel assault or Dragon's teeth at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Its a cash grab if i've ever seen one:eek:

I have it for the PS3 so I'm not going to buy it again but there are lots of PS4 users who never had it so if it sells well and I have no doubt it well then I'm all for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

lertsnim wrote: »
    I have it for the PS3 so I'm not going to buy it again but there are lots of PS4 users who never had it so if it sells well and I have no doubt it well then I'm all for it.

I have it for ps3 and ps4, it's not a big jump graphically at all but then the ps3 version was graphically superior in every way already anyways.

The price of €45 with all dlc and extras is still pretty damn good.

Specially given the game is a masterpiece, roll on uncharted 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Anyone know if the xtravision trade-in list will last a couple of weeks? Not home til next week and would trade in Assassins Creed against it if still possible. Cheers in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

sugarman wrote: »
    Just done it again tonight. Only this time it turned itself ON randomly (scaring the **** out of me:o) and spitting the disc out.

I've tried the suggestions I read online of software update both through the PS and via USB aswell as costering the ps off the surface to see if it was the eject button and nothing seems make a difference.

Looks like it will be going back:mad:

Something similar happens my PS3. The 'fix' I use for the PS3 is to to tilt the console 45 degrees from the front. So the back should be on the ground and where the disc is inserted should be facing up towards you. Put the disc in while it's like that and see if it will load the disc.

I'd still take it back even if it does work but atleast you can play the game.

Edit: Sorry looks like you already tried something like that! The PS3 had to be up high enough. Wouldn't work with a few coasters in the front though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Varik wrote: »
    Going to get back into battlefield, I've not played Navel assault or Dragon's teeth at all.

It's been getting the most play out of all my ps4 games. As someone who was a staunch PC-only battlefield fan that's saying something. Thinking I'll buy the premium add on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

A shop on Adverts are doing any full PS4/XBONE Game plus €5 for Last Of Us Remastered http://adverts.ie/6083696

Bought the PS4 Sony wireless Headset. Absolutely amazing the difference to a gaming experience it makes.

Playing MLB 14 the show for example. Can hear people talking to the left and right of me. Can hear the ball whizz towards and the crack of the bat it makes when I manage to send one flying. Well worth the money!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

Finally going to get a ps4 this week and the last of us. Any decent deals out there?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Andy-Pandy wrote: »
    Finally going to get a ps4 this week and the last of us. Any decent deals out there?

Do what I did, go preowned.
    I got a PS4 with Fifa and COD:Ghosts for €350.
    Pretty happy with that.
    And it's still covered by the Sony warranty too.
    Just make sure to see it working first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Honestly I do not understand how anyone can buy a brand new console and sell it off within 6-9 months..

Just makes no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

tok9 wrote: »
    Honestly I do not understand how anyone can buy a brand new console and sell it off within 6-9 months..

Just makes no sense.

"Not enough games on it"

lol

I have a mate who consistently sells his Games to GS and buys them back when he misses them, I just don't get it!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is sniper elite any good?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

tok9 wrote: »

Just makes no sense.

Don't get that myself lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Is sniper elite any good?

One to wait for a price drop for.

cloud493 wrote: »
    One to wait for a price drop for.

Was gonna finish wolfenstein first anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

How do i buy the season pass for watchdogs can only find the ps3 one on the store?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    How do i buy the season pass for watchdogs can only find the ps3 one on the store?

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/games/watch_dogs-/cid=EP0001-CUSA00016_00-B000000000000752

Scroll down on this link and you'll see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭SK1979

Going to get the last of us ps4 this week. I've also preordered Diablo, metro redux and destiny. What else is there due over the next 3 months or so that looks promising?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

SK1979 wrote: »
    Going to get the last of us ps4 this week. I've also preordered Diablo, metro redux and destiny. What else is there due over the next 3 months or so that looks promising?

The Evil Within, Akibas Trip, Drive Club, Guilty Gear, Dragons Age 3, Binding Of Issac, Evolve, Hotline Miami 2 and Lords Of The Fallen.

• Advertisement

Is akiba trip coming to ps4?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Talking about last few posts: ****, it looks like there will be more games available on PS4, then we can physicaly play lol. It's always droughts and floods in gaming world ffs.

I only realised that diablo 3 is out on 19th. I am actually really wanting to get that. Though I am actually a bit on a fence, do I gamble and get destiny or go with safe and awesome diablo 3. Don't really to get both on launch though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm hoping I can pick destiny up sub €60 on launch even if I have to use amazon.

Is akiba trip coming to ps4?

It has is meant to be coming out in December in the US, no EU announcement yet, I think it is better suited as a Vita game though as the PS4 version will be a port.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

Does anyone screen go blank for a few seconds when playing games... Only got the ps4 a few weeks ago but didn't get to play it properly until this week.. When playing a game, the screen goes black for a few seconds and then comes back on, this happens every ten minutes or so... I have changed the hdmi cables and the hdmi ports so I'm guessing I've a faulty ps4????

Does anyone screen go blank for a few seconds when playing games... Only got the ps4 a few weeks ago but didn't get to play it properly until this week.. When playing a game, the screen goes black for a few seconds and then comes back on, this happens every ten minutes or so... I have changed the hdmi cables and the hdmi ports so I'm guessing I've a faulty ps4????

It is an issue with some TV's mainly LG's not the console, change the settings to 1080i and it should stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Try taking your TV off Auto-Fit that worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭vidor

This happens to me but very rarely (have a Samsung fwiw).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Happened me on my ps3.turned out to be the hdmi port. When the cable would hang down from yhe port it would go blank for a few seconds. Raising the cable so it wasn't stressing the hdmi port solved the problem.

• Advertisement

Am I the only one who loves MLB 14 The Show?

Don't see a thread on it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement