Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

irishmover wrote: »
    Am I the only one who loves MLB 14 The Show?

Don't see a thread on it.

Nope, I love it as well, best looking game on the console so far, although I have not seen TLOU yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I love it too

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Xenji wrote: »
    It is an issue with some TV's mainly LG's not the console, change the settings to 1080i and it should stop.

In fairness he'd want to find a better solution. 1080i compared to 1080p is sh1te.
    I have the same issue with my ps3 for years on a samsung, when the screen goes black i disconnect the hdmi cable from the ps3 and tv (while there both still on) and just reconnect it again, usually sorts it out until the next time i turn them on.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

In fairness he'd want to find a better solution. 1080i compared to 1080p is sh1te.
    I have the same issue with my ps3 for years on a samsung, when the screen goes black i disconnect the hdmi cable from the ps3 and tv (while there both still on) and just reconnect it again, usually sorts it out until the next time i turn them on.

I've a projector, not using a tele and I've my ps3 hooked up to it and it works no problem, it's only the ps4 that it happens with, changed things from auto to fixed and vice versa and still no luck, tried different hdmi cables and ports and nithing. I'm going to try exchange it for another one, it's incredibly annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Will this work as a charger for the DS4, lads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Keno wrote: »

Should do,

Any android or recent Nokia or BlackBerry cable should do it also if you have one knocking around...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Great game alright. Im a baseball fan anyway so I'm bias.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Keno wrote: »

Yeap any ol micro usb will do. I charge mine from the mains with a phone charger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

My console is really loud when playing the last of us, hope thats normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

cloud493 wrote: »
    My console is really loud when playing the last of us, hope thats normal.

Mine too. Fans seem to be working overtime. And mine is a downloaded version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Mine too. Fans seem to be working overtime. And mine is a downloaded version.

They all run off the hard drive now, doesn't matter if it's a downloaded version or from a disc as it all gets installed to the hard drive.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ffxiv is a truly stunning looking game on ps4.

If I bought my PS4 from amazon, how do I return it in relation to Sony and what not?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

If I bought my PS4 from amazon, how do I return it in relation to Sony and what not?

You send it back to Amazon if something is wrong.

That sounds like a pain :( whatever happened to the days when Sony would exchange a console for you at the door, come to your house and everything.

Will Amazon not take it back if faulty? Dealing with Amazon may be quicker and less hassle! If u want to deal directly with SONY just ring 01 691 7379. Be prepared for a long wait and a long time on the phone with them, they will run through everything possible before offering a replacement or repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

That sounds like a pain :( whatever happened to the days when Sony would exchange a console for you at the door, come to your house and everything.

Honestly, from my experience, amazon are very good to deal with for returning faulty goods. They'll send you a free barcode to attach to the package to pay for postage and are generally quite quick.

Yeah yous are probably right. I'l find a number and get onto amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

When I got my PS4 from Amazon it was ****ed, they told me to get on to Sony.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

Has anyone exchanged their ps4 in symths? Will they take it back without too much of a fight??

Gonna have to get an exchange, this black screen coming and going is driving me mad

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Yeah yous are probably right. I'l find a number and get onto amazon.

Is it completely dead cloud? Was thinking I might send mine back to amazon because I'm still having that problem where it spits out the disc.

Like last night when I was playing TLOU. It just wont accept any disc, keeps making the eject disc sound, and crashes whenever I try to play anything off the hardrive.

sugarman wrote: »
    I'm sending mine back for same issue during the week.

When did yours start happening? Iv mine since launch and only started doing it weekend before last.

Start of may,like I couldn't play anything disc based Sunday because it just wouldn't accept any discs .

Like last night when I was playing TLOU. It just wont accept any disc, keeps making the eject disc sound, and crashes whenever I try to play anything off the hardrive.

More or less the same problem as me then,I second going with amazon.

Try putting the ps4 on its side or raise it so the eject button is not touching a flat surface underneath. If it works at least u know its the eject button. If not then its proper fecked!

This also looks like a fix

http://ps4forum.com/391-ps4-support-tips/5282-disc-ejecting-problem-fixed.html

Already tried that, no dice :(

Already tried that, no dice :(

Just posted above a link worth a try, something about static?

,Re: FIXED!! "PS4 won't accept discs" issue fixed at home!
    OPTIONS
    Jan 22, 2014
    Here is how I fixed it. Turn of PS4 completely. Unplug the Power cord. Touch the Power button several times until it beeps (static electricity?!)

Power on and voala! Works again'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Just posted above a link worth a try, something about static?

,Re: FIXED!! "PS4 won't accept discs" issue fixed at home!
    OPTIONS
    Jan 22, 2014
    Here is how I fixed it. Turn of PS4 completely. Unplug the Power cord. Touch the Power button several times until it beeps (static electricity?!)

Power on and voala! Works again'

Mentioned that a few pages back but nobody either understood static or cared. Seems like the most logical explanation to the disc ejection issue as the button is located so close to the surface.

hallo dare wrote: »
    Mentioned that a few pages back but nobody either understood static or cared. Seems like the most logical explanation to the disc ejection issue as the button is located so close to the surface.

Something is tripping the eject switch and that would be a logical explanation!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

I have a question regarding PS accounts, bit confused as to how ownership of games and saves works across multiple consoles.

I currently play on my housemate's console. There are three accounts on it, one has PS+ (mine doesn't, if that matters).

If I were to buy a game and install it, would I be able to play that game on another console if I bought my own console in the future? Or would I have to buy a new copy of the game? Also would all three accounts on the other PS4 still share that game?

• Advertisement

Is amazon the best price for the metro redux at £30 or is there anywhere cheaper?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement