Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

hallo dare wrote: »
    Played roughly 2 hours of TLOU and I hope to God it soon picks up cos at the minute I fail to see what all the hype was over.

Don't worry just keep going...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Metro Redux looks like a serious upgrade to both Metro games (Metro 2033 more so of course)

I'd be tempted to pick it up. Played Last Light through PS+ and thought it was a load of fun.. really good FPS game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,025 ✭✭✭Doge

A custom Bruce Lee PS4 is being given away by his daughter Shannon who runs the official the Bruce Lee facebook page:

http://mt.votigo.com/fbsweeps/sweeps/Bruce-Lee-Custom-PS4-Sweepstakes

sweep.header.30967.eng.jpg?v=1407360525

It's only available to entrants in the US though! ;)

Mike Tyson is gave one away on his facebook page a month ago too apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

my ps4 controllers L3 button isnt working properly. it clicks fine but mostly never works. hasnt been dropped and nothing else wrong with it. will i need a new controller or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

MarkY91 wrote: »
    still waiting on VGP to deliver TLOU. been like 11 days. im sure i remember ordering back on ps3 and they took 9 days tops. FECKERS!!

Me too, painful. Was hoping it might have came today.

• Advertisement

Me too, painful. Was hoping it might have came today.

same. i was up every morning like :D to see just to find useless spam mail in my letterbox. its an post right? so wont be getting it this weekend :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Doge wrote: »
    A custom Bruce Lee PS4 is being given away by his daughter Shannon who runs the official the Bruce Lee facebook page:

http://mt.votigo.com/fbsweeps/sweeps/Bruce-Lee-Custom-PS4-Sweepstakes

sweep.header.30967.eng.jpg?v=1407360525

It's only available to entrants in the US though! ;)

Mike Tyson is gave one away on his facebook page a month ago too apparently.

Want,pity its only for the us.

Bound by blood is a lot of fun so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Just moved into a new house today and bought a fancy tv unit for the new place. PS4 is sat on a shelf inside the unit.

Was playing for about 2.5 hours earlier and over time it got very hot and very noisy. I'm assuming it needs a well ventilated area? Before today it's been sat on top of a shelf with nothing around it and haven't had this happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

It does need a well ventilated area yeah, especially at the sides as that's where the air intakes are, if the unit is closed at the back then its just circulating hot air.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Mines very well ventilated but still gets very noisy at times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I have mine on an IKEA unit, and once I turned it completed around so the back is facing outwards it started to finally run silently...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Had it on top of my tv unit and ran fine for 4 hours straight today. Compared to yesterday it was as silent as a mouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

You have your cabinet backwards or the PS4? Either way sounds a bit weird to me?

Seems to be a few rumours of the PS4 getting a UI update. Nothing major but folders are being added and it looks a lot faster to accept invites.

01-GsOdp4A.jpg

And here is a supposed video of accepting an invite in action.

More on it here - Neogaf - [Rumour] PS4 UI leaked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I hope so. The UI right now while nice, is also kinda messy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

tok9 wrote: »
    Seems to be a few rumours of the PS4 getting a UI update. Nothing major but folders are being added and it looks a lot faster to accept invites.

And here is a supposed video of accepting an invite in action.

More on it here - Neogaf - [Rumour] PS4 UI leaked

It was only a matter of time before we got the folders - simple but great feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I do like the two layer thing about the PS4 UI, but the games are messy.

The PSN Store was better as it was before the update.
    F1ngers wrote: »
    It was only a matter of time before we got the folders - simple but great feature.

Hardly simple from a corporate perspective, they've probably been discussing and trialling out different looks and open/closing animations for it since before launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Taltos wrote: »
    I have mine on an IKEA unit, and once I turned it completed around so the back is facing outwards it started to finally run silently...

Here is how I keep my PS4, stays quite and is away from sticky kid hands!

00vLN3t.jpg

Sorry chaps I mentioned this before, but returning my PS4 as its clearly ****ed, do I return it to amazon or Sony?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

cloud493 wrote: »
    Sorry chaps I mentioned this before, but returning my PS4 as its clearly ****ed, do I return it to amazon or Sony?

Your contract is with Amazon - try them first.

• Advertisement

cloud493 wrote: »

Amazon.

If you see people in here mentioning sending it back to Sony, it's usually from a post near launch where stores (such as Amazon) would not have had stock to replace it and you'd be waiting.

Wow amazon are really helpful.

The new UI screens and invite system were confirmed as fake by a sony employee on reddit.

CombatCow wrote: »
    The new UI screens and invite system were confirmed as fake by a sony employee on reddit.

That's disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Yeah I was hoping for folders, have no issues with the UI except having to scroll through so many games to find what I am looking for.

Id imagine they will add it at some stage, I guess it just wont look like those pics.

my L3 button doesnt work half the time since the other day for no apparent reason. i rang up xtravision and they said to bring it in tomorrow. good customer service right there. delighted as the rubbed on my controller were dissapearing aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

MarkY91 wrote: »
    my L3 button doesnt work half the time since the other day for no apparent reason. i rang up xtravision and they said to bring it in tomorrow. good customer service right there. delighted as the rubbed on my controller were dissapearing aswell

GS replaced my third DS4 yesterday, the girl told me heaps of them going back....

Bought a new controller there, not to replace anything but just getting ready for Diablo 3.

Now if I do need to send a controller back at least I won't be left without one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I've only got around 40GB free now. I should have upgraded the hard drive back in November.

tumblr_lso6d2OLz21r0byljo1_250.gif

Is it possible for me to transfer my 400GBs of games to an external and then restore them if I put a 2TB drive in the console, or would I have to re-download everything again?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement