Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Oat23 wrote: »
    I've only got around 40GB free now. I should have upgraded the hard drive back in November.

tumblr_lso6d2OLz21r0byljo1_250.gif

Is it possible for me to transfer my 400GBs of games to an external and then restore them if I put a 2TB drive in the console, or would I have to re-download everything again?

Not anything built in to back up.

Cloning, but that doesn't help as you can't change the partition size; you'd have 500GB of space usable on a 2TB drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Oat23 wrote: »
    I've only got around 40GB free now. I should have upgraded the hard drive back in November.

tumblr_lso6d2OLz21r0byljo1_250.gif

Is it possible for me to transfer my 400GBs of games to an external and then restore them if I put a 2TB drive in the console, or would I have to re-download everything again?

Don't think so....

I did mine in December, put a 1tb sshd into it, just backed up all my saves with PS+, swapped harddrives and had the firmware on USB ready to go, had to redownload my games and updates of course, have about 500gb left at this stage.... :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Physical copies supremacy :cool: although they do of course take up space, I've also been deleting stuff I doubt I'l play again, like stick it to the man and COD ghosts.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

cloud493 wrote: »
    Physical copies supremacy :cool: although they do of course take up space, I've also been deleting stuff I doubt I'l play again, like stick it to the man and COD ghosts.

I suppose if he wanted to he could get a lend of the games in question and install from disc and download the remaining DLC and PSN only games.

Sony need to sort it sooner than later,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Fieldog wrote: »
    GS replaced my third DS4 yesterday, the girl told me heaps of them going back....

did your controller have the same problem?

my brothers controllers left analog rubber is worn down to the plastic in parts, is he entitled to an exchange also?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

MarkY91 wrote: »

my brothers controllers left analog rubber is worn down to the plastic in parts, is he entitled to an exchange also?

What do you guys sweat?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

cloud493 wrote: »

200MB internet with unlimited cap supremacy! I'll be grand. Just need to get a 2TB drive now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

MarkY91 wrote: »

I dunno about the split rubber, mine was the hinge on the L2 cracked, causes it to not click right, I have the cap things from ebay for my thumbs so I haven't managed to split the rubber on the analogue stick, better safe than sorry.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Sony have released a few teasers ahead of their gamescom appearance.

Looks like Until Dawn is going to be a big part of the show at least...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Ya that and The Last Guardian of course.

*cries in the corner knowing there will be no Last Guardian

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Otacon wrote: »
    Sony have released a few teasers ahead of their gamescom appearance.

Looks like Until Dawn is going to be a big part of the show at least...

Yeah maybe using Project Morpheus ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Not sure about Until Dawn as it was being exclusively developed as a PS Move game, it also nearly got cancelled a few times as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I have this image in my head of Sony coming out and being like ' hey guys so last guardian HEY JUST KIDDING haha we're not telling you anything derp derp :pac:'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

I picked one up today in argos, got watch dogs for free with it & started 2 week psn trial.

Any must own games?

Vikings wrote: »
    I picked one up today in argos, got watch dogs for free with it & started 2 week psn trial.

Any must own games?

TLOU Remastered, Wolfenstein, Res0gun, TowerFall Ascension, Rogue Legacy, Transistor, Trine 2 and if you are into sports NBA 2k14 and MLB The Show. Watch_Dogs is a fun game but gets a bit repetitive and boring after awhile, well it did for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Xenji wrote: »
    TLOU Remastered, Wolfenstein, Res0gun, TowerFall Ascension, Rogue Legacy, Transistor, Trine 2 and if you are into sports NBA 2k14 and MLB The Show. Watch_Dogs is a fun game but gets a bit repetitive and boring after awhile, well it did for me anyway.

Thanks - had a loan of TLOU for ps3 and never finished it so that's a pick up for sure. Like the look of NBA 2k14 but baseball wouldn't be one that I watch - is the game very good? I'm counting down the days until the new Madden and will get that immediately.

Also, what's the best place to pick up games? Both new/second online/offline?

Vikings wrote: »
    Thanks - had a loan of TLOU for ps3 and never finished it so that's a pick up for sure. Like the look of NBA 2k14 but baseball wouldn't be one that I watch - is the game very good? I'm counting down the days until the new Madden and will get that immediately.

Also, what's the best place to pick up games? Both new/second online/offline?

VGP and Amazon are the best to pick up games online, the brick and mortar stores will still rob you blind, MLB The Show is a great game, but you really need to know something about baseball to get the best out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

+1 on MLB. Best sports game I've played since Rugby 08. The RTTS mode is incredibly in-depth and so damn addictive!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone getting diablo next week? GameStop want 75 for it 0_o

• Advertisement

Anyone getting diablo next week? GameStop want 75 for it 0_o

Have it ordered on VGP for 46 Euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

I've done some research but would appreciate some input from others who have replaced the internal HDD. I've tried to stick with digital downloads mostly for the PS4 to make remote play more convenient but I'm quickly running out of storage.

Any recommendations for replacement HDD in 2TB capacity. Is an SSHD hybrid worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Senecio wrote: »
    Any recommendations for replacement HDD in 2TB capacity. Is an SSHD hybrid worth it?

An SSHD hybrid will make a difference to load times, not as much as a full-on SSD but better than a regular drive.

Personally, I prefer the extra storage you get for the same price. Have a look at this HDD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Senecio wrote: »
    I've done some research but would appreciate some input from others who have replaced the internal HDD. I've tried to stick with digital downloads mostly for the PS4 to make remote play more convenient but I'm quickly running out of storage.

Don't know about a 2TB SSHD but I imagine they are expensive. I have this and it's great. Double the capacity of the original and faster load times. My downloads also seem to be faster but that might be down to network speeds.
    I just wish I could back up the drive as I have around 200GB of downloaded games and a power cut could lose the lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

so tomb raider is xbox exclusive. My favorite game by far far far, I loved last tomb raider .. and got PS4.

Well I am not happy, I prefer to play games when they come out, brand new .. I guess I will not get tomb raider if we have to wait few months after xbox guys. I also think that game developer will get seriosly limited sales of it as we know xbone to ps4 is 1:3 .. I really don't think it is wise to mess up with playstation gamers at the moment considering install base of both consoles.

But in fairness it is probably first time that I am jelaous of xbox one, but still love PS4. I hope uncharted 4 will make up for loss of tomb raider.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Don't know about a 2TB SSHD but I imagine they are expensive. I have this and it's great. Double the capacity of the original and faster load times. My downloads also seem to be faster but that might be down to network speeds.
    I just wish I could back up the drive as I have around 200GB of downloaded games and a power cut could lose the lot.

A 2TB SSD would be unaffordable, and potentially unattainable unless your operating a business.

It's roughly €450-500 for a 1TB SSD, 2TB arn't available for general retail afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

198321 wrote: »
    so tomb raider is xbox exclusive. My favorite game by far far far, I loved last tomb raider .. and got PS4.

Well I am not happy, I prefer to play games when they come out, brand new .. I guess I will not get tomb raider if we have to wait few months after xbox guys. I also think that game developer will get seriosly limited sales of it as we know xbone to ps4 is 1:3 .. I really don't think it is wise to mess up with playstation gamers at the moment considering install base of both consoles.

But in fairness it is probably first time that I am jelaous of xbox one, but still love PS4. I hope uncharted 4 will make up for loss of tomb raider.

I'm the same so disappointed with this! I'm hoping it will be timed like you said PS4 games are selling more than xbox one. Time will tell, just have to see what Sony put on the table later :)

Scratch that it's not a timed exclusive : http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-12-rise-of-the-tomb-raider-exclusive-to-xbox-one

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

I don't see them selling at least 6+ million copies to make their money back on this one being an X1 exclusive, but im sure MS paid them some big bucks upfront.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

tomb raider on PS4 was the first time ive ever given tomb raider a chance and i simply loved it. its still my favourite game to ever play on ps4. im very dissapointed in this as i was anticipating news on the next tomb raider. ****ing microsft trying to buy themselves out of their pathetic console failure!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

LauraW7746 wrote: »
    I'm the same so disappointed with this! I'm hoping it will be timed like you said PS4 games are selling more than xbox one. Time will tell, just have to see what Sony put on the table later :)

Scratch that it's not a timed exclusive : http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-12-rise-of-the-tomb-raider-exclusive-to-xbox-one

:(

We can still preorder it on amazon for PS4. I bet that came from publisher that informed Amazon to take preorders. Seems like they agreed to that only recently. I also feel bad for people developing the game as they probably know that they dissapointed many fans. Politics :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement