Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

sweetie wrote: »
    the price was good so I can live without the headset ( I spent £57 so got £10 off by setting up a new account)

Ya I did the same... Preordered GTA and Destiny together. I don't think I would have ordered Destiny without the headset. Think I would have preferred to order The Last of us. I wonder when we will know if we are among the lucky ones to receive a free headset.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭mufc1993

What are peoples views on buying a PS4 second hand?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Don't do it. For the extra few euro, the reliability and fresh guarantee of a new console is totally worth it. I'd always question why a console was sold in the first place so soon - some legitimate cases, but some might have a hidden problem (there was a case of that in the games forum just yesterday).

Unless you have a spectacular offer or really can't afford the extra bit of cash, go with new. If you do, make sure you get the original receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

mufc1993 wrote: »

Unless you get a particularly good deal, avoid (that goes for most electronics IMO).

Make sure you get the original receipt with it.

Once you get it, test all of the features on the console in case you need to return it (either to the seller or Sony).

EDIT: Damn you j_u! /shakes fist

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

tok9 wrote: »
    Didn't even realise about the headset.. Hopefully I get one.

Same here,I pre ordered in march I think.

• Advertisement

Same here,I pre ordered in march I think.

Not a hope of me getting it so... I might cancel the order and get the last of us instead. Damn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

mufc1993 wrote: »

Well as there still covered with sony i would say get it 2nd hand as if you can save over a 100 euros i am saying get it as 100 euros is easily 2 extra games for your PS3 over at lest covers your PSN+.

Have a lot at the things for sale pages on Facebook as thats where the true bargains are as i seen a PS4 with Fifa and COD go for 300 there yesterday on one of my local pages.

I picked up a WII U 8GB for €100 euros with 2 Mario games on one of them if that gives you the ideas of what bargains are on them pages

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deedsie wrote: »
    Not a hope of me getting it so... I might cancel the order and get the last of us instead. Damn

Whaaaa? Why wouldnt you get it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

He's talking about the free headset and t-shirt.

F1ngers wrote: »

Ahhhhh I didn't even know they giving away free headsets with it .

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »

I sent Tesco Direct a "Contact Us" message enquiring about the amount of headsets available and if they are all gone or not. I will update ye if I hear anything. I really need to read things fully before purchasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

So has anyone actually finished P.T. yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

So has anyone actually finished P.T. yet??

I got to a part very early on where a door was ajar and a baby was crying but i couldn't do anything to trigger the next piece

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I got to a part very early on where a door was ajar and a baby was crying but i couldn't do anything to trigger the next piece

I taught i finished it but it appears im at the second stage which i think is pretty much at the end. I wont say to much but its so bloody random how u trigger the ending ive been trying to do it for ages!!.

Ive read so many different ways to finish it so far none of them have worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Anybody else pick up surgeon simulator for the PS4 it is just a mental game.

Has anyone had any issues with a black screen on start up with sound. Apparently its a hdmi output problem but i cant seem to find a fix

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

I got to the very end of PT but couldn't figure it out, after 45 mins of the same thing over and over i gave up.

Klair88 wrote: »
    I got to the very end of PT but couldn't figure it out, after 45 mins of the same thing over and over i gave up.

Same situation myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

So tempted to buy Diablo 3 Ultimate evil blah blah edition but Destiny is out 2 weeks later and would never play it after that :(

I was in he same boat for a while and a simialar position when diablo 3 came out close to gta v and i thought once gta was out i wouldnt touch diablo again. I was very wrong and i played diablo as much as gta v if not more so i have a feeling this will be a similar situation when destiny comes out. Plus they are completely different types of game so its always nice to have a change from one good game to another

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Klair88 wrote: »

45mins as Vaas says in Farcry repetition is the definition of madness :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

CombatCow wrote: »
    So tempted to buy Diablo 3 Ultimate evil blah blah edition but Destiny is out 2 weeks later and would never play it after that :(

Do it.

Plan on having a few hardcore games and see you lives the longest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I was gonna go for diablo as well but not for 70 notes. I'l wait till the price comes right down.

cloud493 wrote: »
    I was gonna go for diablo as well but not for 70 notes. I'l wait till the price comes right down.

Think it works out at €45 ish if you are prepared to download it from the US psn store

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Any one going for the Destiny SE ?.

I might get one and sell my black one...just to keep my warranty going.

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-4-Destiny-Bundle/dp/B00KVOVBGM

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Yeah screw it, I was watching a giant bomb lets play and it looks too good to pass up, I put so much time into the PC version I can fly through the main story and try the expansion content, with the crusader I think... Will order it from amazon now :P

On another note the PlayStation blogcast said the ps4 would be getting themes! With the 2.0 update. Lot of people have been asking for that....

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I was in he same boat for a while and a simialar position when diablo 3 came out close to gta v and i thought once gta was out i wouldnt touch diablo again. I was very wrong and i played diablo as much as gta v if not more so i have a feeling this will be a similar situation when destiny comes out. Plus they are completely different types of game so its always nice to have a change from one good game to another
    Varik wrote: »
    Do it.

Plan on having a few hardcore games and see you lives the longest.
    Yeah screw it, I was watching a giant bomb lets play and it looks too good to pass up, I put so much time into the PC version I can fly through the main story and try the expansion content, with the crusader I think... Will order it from amazon now :P

On another note the PlayStation blogcast said the ps4 would be getting themes! With the 2.0 update. Lot of people have been asking for that....

I'm get in it too from amazon........wouldn't mind having some boardies pals to play with :).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

H1Z1 is now officially coming to PS4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

Varik wrote: »
    H1Z1 is now officially coming to PS4.

DoqNI5s.gif

Yet they won't give a release date and since planetside 2 has been in development for the PS4 longer and they just finished the playability end of planetside 2 , I'd doubt we will see H1Z1 for a very long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

What's better Daylight or Outlast? Was thinking of downloading one but don't know hitch seems better cause they both look the same lol

Would they work offline too?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement