Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    What's better Daylight or Outlast? Was thinking of downloading one but don't know hitch seems better cause they both look the same lol

Would they work offline too?

A few people have said Daylight was a waste of money, I don't remember reading anyone recommending it on here.

I personally didn't care for Outlast, but a few on here said it was pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

BordorFox wrote: »
    DoqNI5s.gif

Yet they won't give a release date and since planetside 2 has been in development for the PS4 longer and they just finished the playability end of planetside 2 , I'd doubt we will see H1Z1 for a very long time.

Apparently they're just working on UI now, and the game is fully playable.

It's the same for all SOE games, no they've Landmark, Everquest, H1Z1, and planetside 2 on PS2 and no dates for any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

What's better Daylight or Outlast? Was thinking of downloading one but don't know hitch seems better cause they both look the same lol

Would they work offline too?

Outlast is really good I have heard Daylight was`nt the best

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Yeah from what I've read online Outlast would be the better one so ill prob go for that, anyone know if I download then from the store would they work offline too?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Yeah from what I've read online Outlast would be the better one so ill prob go for that, anyone know if I download then from the store would they work offline too?

It will.
    What makes you think it won't?

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »
    It will.
    What makes you think it won't?

Dunno I've never downloaded a game from PSN store and I've never played Outlast so wasn't sure if it needed a Internet connection or not, cheers tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

Varik wrote: »
    Apparently they're just working on UI now, and the game is fully playable.

It's the same for all SOE games, no they've Landmark, Everquest, H1Z1, and planetside 2 on PS2 and no dates for any of them.

I think we will see Day Z on PS4 before we see H1Z1.

BordorFox wrote: »
    I think we will see Day Z on PS4 before we see H1Z1.

Wouldn't bet on it.

DayZ doesn't even have feature parity with the mod yet, and rocket is leaving the company in a few months.

On top of that SOE is first party (not primarily PlayStation through), they already ported DC online to PS3/4 with Planetside 2 for this year in the works using the same engine as H1Z1. They've also Everquest next which is likely to be years away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭IrishSkyBoxer

any ps4 deals out there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

Anyone have any news on whether Silent Hills will be a ps4 exclusive or multi plat? Thinking of picking up a Destiny Bundle if Silent Hills is an exclusive. Added bonus of having Destiny.

• Advertisement

Sarz91 wrote: »
    Anyone have any news on whether Silent Hills will be a ps4 exclusive or multi plat? Thinking of picking up a Destiny Bundle if Silent Hills is an exclusive. Added bonus of having Destiny.

Do you have an Xbox One already or want to stick to PS3/360, not sure why Silent Hills being exclusive or not should matter if you're already looking at the PS4 or is there much you're looking at the ONE for.

They've not outright said it was or wasn't exclusive but it's also not out until 2016.

Varik wrote: »
    Do you have an Xbox One already or want to stick to PS3/360, not sure why Silent Hills being exclusive or not should matter if you're already looking at the PS4 or is there much you're looking at the ONE for.

They've not outright said it was or wasn't exclusive but it's also not out until 2016.

I don't have any consoles. Just playing on pc at the moment. Ah I didnt know it wasnt out until 2016. Might wait and see so.

P.T scared the **** out of me lol

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Upthedubs2014

Just a quick question I hope someone can help me with. Is it normal for the game disc to continue spinning even after Ive quit the game and closed the application? The noise is driving me insane

Im talking about my PS4. Thanks guys!

P.T scared the **** out of me lol

Played it in a mates. Found myself getting annoyed with how to actually complete it which ruined the whole scare factor for me but to start with it's pretty damn scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Just a quick question I hope someone can help me with. Is it normal for the game disc to continue spinning even after Ive quit the game and closed the application? The noise is driving me insane

Im talking about my PS4. Thanks guys!

Was it your first time playing the game? It could be doing background installing for the remaining game files.

Finished Hohokum tonight, very nice game, had some cool and wacky puzzles. Not sure it's worth a tenner, but I guess the crossbuy is nice, so I'll try it on vita, which has a separate trophy list...

Sarz91 wrote: »
    Played it in a mates. Found myself getting annoyed with how to actually complete it which ruined the whole scare factor for me but to start with it's pretty damn scary.

Yeah same with me at first I just kept running through the loop door over and over lol

Can someone please help me? I just bought a PS4 and to me it seems a little noisy. The fan is on for about the first 15mins of play and then it quietens a little but continues to sound. There is plenty of room for the console to breathe and I have tried both vertical and horizontal positions. The discs also don't stop spinning after i have closed the game. Is this normal enough?

Are PS4s generally loud or should they be ultra silent. I am not sure if I should bring mine back today. Your advice is appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Fecking PS4 still hasn't arrived from amazon :mad:

Consolidation Arrived - Pending Customs Clearance and inbound scan

I want it now :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Can someone please help me? I just bought a PS4 and to me it seems a little noisy. The fan is on for about the first 15mins of play and then it quietens a little but continues to sound. There is plenty of room for the console to breathe and I have tried both vertical and horizontal positions. The discs also don't stop spinning after i have closed the game. Is this normal enough?

Are PS4s generally loud or should they be ultra silent. I am not sure if I should bring mine back today. Your advice is appreciated

Where have you got it stored? In a cupboard where nothing can circulate or in the open on top of a table for example?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'm loving The Swapper.

irishmover wrote: »
    Where have you got it stored? In a cupboard where nothing can circulate or in the open on top of a table for example?

Completely open and free to breathe on table

As I mentioned already, the first time you launch a game it will continue to install game files even after the game is closed, that would explain the disk noise.

Right hardcore boardies diabol coop tomorrow, any takers.

Don't think i'll receive mine from amazon until Wednesday >_>

Can't wait to smash some TLOU Clickers in the face :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Probably won't have my copy from amazon till Friday :(

Gift us some Legendaries Varik so we can catch up :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

CombatCow wrote: »
    Don't think i'll receive mine from amazon until Wednesday >_>

Can't wait to smash some TLOU Clickers in the face :)

Did you pay for first class delivery :-O?

• Advertisement

CombatCow wrote: »
    As I mentioned already, the first time you launch a game it will continue to install game files even after the game is closed, that would explain the disk noise.

Roughly how long should that take? I have had ps4 since thursday and this is the case for all my games. Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement