Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

My new console arrived yay :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Did you pay for first class delivery :-O?

I got free first class delivery to parcel motel. :cool:
    Roughly how long should that take? I have had ps4 since thursday and this is the case for all my games. Thanks

Depends on how big the game is, if you press options button on the game and go to info you can see the filesize compared to what it says on the back of the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

It's just a fairly noisy console when the fans kick in. It's nothing to worry about.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

CombatCow wrote: »
    I got free first class delivery to parcel motel. .

Damn I should have used pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

These interviews are always fun. Jim Ryan has once again been interviewed by David Jenkins, Metro's GameCentral Editor.

Link

A few choice snippets...
    GC: Since nobody ever tries to bribe me I thought I’d try to bribe you instead. So baring that in mind… when is The Last Guardian out?

JR: [laughs] It’s still being worked on.

GC: Still being worked on? By that one guy. Who doesn’t know how to work a computer.

JR: [laughs]

GC: I’m asking now because I always rush this question at the end, but are we doomed to be talking about this game until we both retire? Have you ever known anything like this?

JR: It’s still being worked on. Are you impugning my integrity?
    GC: Okay, so you’ll like this one: what has Sony got against EA Access?

JR: We don’t have anything against EA Access, we just need to position it… these sort of offerings they’ve got to fit into the framework of everything we do and everything that we offer. And we’re just not quite comfortable with how it sits within the whole ecosystem of our digital offering, including PlayStation Plus.

GC: I think the phrase used by Sony is that it doesn’t offer good value for money, can you be specific about why you think that is? Because to me £3.99 a month doesn’t sound bad, at least not once they have a good pool of games to choose from.

JR: It adds up of course, over the course of months and years, and you know we’ve got PlayStation Plus and we feel that offers our consumers the best value in terms of a subscription offer.

GC: But isn’t that just you being a bully and ensuring you haven’t got any competitors?

JR: I don’t think so, I don’t see us being a bully at all.

GC: If that’s not the case I don’t understand why you won’t allow it?

JR: Like I say, we’ve got to look at that value proposition…

GC: But what are you looking at that you don’t like? What part of that ‘value proposition’ don’t you like?

JR: How it relates to everything else that we offer, including PlayStation Plus.

GC: I don’t understand what that sentence is supposed to mean.

JR: All I can do is repeat it.

GC: [exasperated] But that’s just marketing gobbledegook! No one that reads this, when I transcribe this interview, is going to know what it’s supposed to mean either. It’s just white nose to move on this part of the interview.

JR: I think your readers are probably more intelligent than you are.

GC: They undoubtedly are, but unless they’ve got a PhD in marketing doublespeak I think they’re also going to wonder what it is you’re trying not to say.

• Advertisement

Metro has a fantastic gaming section. And if we ever see the Last Guardian, I will eat my hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I was a little disappointing reading the interview actually.

Possibly the wrong thread for it but I was hoping he'd ask a bit about the Vita.

I'm sick of interviewers asking about Vita games and Sony people saying there are loads.

Someone needs to sit down with them and get someone to talk about why we don't have multiple accounts and why haven't they just reduced the memory card price since they don't seem to give a **** about the Vita anymore anyway.

Talking about Vita upsets me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Roughly how long should that take? I have had ps4 since thursday and this is the case for all my games. Thanks

It only took me bout a min to install the game updates took awhile tho

Yeah thats for the first chunk so you can play right away, its installing in the background after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Upthedubs2014

Yeah thats for the first chunk so you can play right away, its installing in the background after that.

But should this happen everytime you play even if its the same game?

• Advertisement

Reading the disk on launch is normal, it should quiet down more so after your ingame provided its been fully installed the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Just turned on the PS4, Diablo is 60% downloaded. So much for Destiny being the first pre-load game for PS4.

Reading the disk on launch is normal, it should quiet down more so after your ingame provided its been fully installed the first time.

Yes it has been fully installed and I have played many hours but everytime i close the game down properly the disc continues to spin afterwards. Im quite OCD about things and I really notice anything that is out of place and it can infuriate me to such a degree that i lose my temper. Even to test i have just launched a game an immediately closed out of it as soon as the drive kicks in. But it doesnt stop at all. Driving me wild i can certainly say for sure. Is there anyone experiencing the same difficulties?

Yes it has been fully installed and I have played many hours but everytime i close the game down properly the disc continues to spin afterwards. Im quite OCD about things and I really notice anything that is out of place and it can infuriate me to such a degree that i lose my temper. Even to test i have just launched a game an immediately closed out of it as soon as the drive kicks in. But it doesnt stop at all. Driving me wild i can certainly say for sure. Is there anyone experiencing the same difficulties?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Yes D4 Shipped but estimated delivery is tomorrow week lol :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Varik wrote: »
    Just turned on the PS4, Diablo is 60% downloaded. So much for Destiny being the first pre-load game for PS4.

Excellent, thanks for the heads up

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭agentgreen

The laser on my PS3 has packed it in. I'm getting quoted €80 to get it fixed. Just wondering should I cut my losses and upgrade to the PS4. Is it worth the extra money? How do people find it? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I find it great but at the same time I couldn't be without a PS3 sitting next to it as I still use that a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭agentgreen

lertsnim wrote: »
    I find it great but at the same time I couldn't be without a PS3 sitting next to it as I still use that a lot.

Is the game selection for it limited?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭steve3194

agentgreen wrote: »
    The laser on my PS3 has packed it in. I'm getting quoted €80 to get it fixed. Just wondering should I cut my losses and upgrade to the PS4. Is it worth the extra money? How do people find it? Thanks.

Personally I'd say your better off to upgrade. There isn't very many games right now but developers are going to stop making games for ps3 soon. Many already are. If it was me I would definetly cut my loses and get a ps4.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

steve3194 wrote: »
    Personally I'd say your better off to upgrade. There isn't very many games right now but developers are going to stop making games for ps3 soon. Many already are. If it was me I would definetly cut my loses and get a ps4.

It will be a few years before they stop making PS3 games - they are not going to ignore ~90million consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭steve3194

F1ngers wrote: »
    It will be a few years before they stop making PS3 games - they are not going to ignore ~90million consoles.

Maybe so but the quality of the games and the effort devs put in to them will drop IMO. You already see with assassins creed. Unity is a fully fleshed out game new features etc and rogue just looks like a rehash of black flag. No witcher 3 or arkham knight for last gen is there?

How do I access my cloud saves on PS4? Cant say I'm wildly enthusiastic about playing through killzone again.

cloud493 wrote: »
    How do I access my cloud saves on PS4? Cant say I'm wildly enthusiastic about playing through killzone again.

Settings

Application saved data management ( all 3 options, system, USB, online)

Saved Data in online storage

download/delete

per game

each save

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Does anybody's else's FIFA not show who scored when their celebrating? Like the name pop up down then end :/

PS4 downloaded the wrong version of Diablo, 101MB English patch now but it also wants to download 40GB/5GB as well (number changed a few times).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

There is a new add on game for the playroom. AR Studios.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Varik wrote: »

Sure wasn't TLOU preload as well? Downloaded for me the day before anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

.ak wrote: »

Yeah me too. Started downloading two days before iirc.

• Advertisement

.ak wrote: »

Only EU apparently.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement