Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

The summer sale is still going on isnt it lads? I am just on the store and noticed that nothing for the PS4 is in the sale now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

jonny24ie wrote: »
    The summer sale is still going on isnt it lads? I am just on the store and noticed that nothing for the PS4 is in the sale now.

They disappeared a few days ago. Was waiting to get paid before I bought Bound By Flame and thought that it was available till 12 tonight but alas when I went in this morning to buy it, it was no longer on sale.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

They disappeared a few days ago. Was waiting to get paid before I bought Bound By Flame and thought that it was available till 12 tonight but alas when I went in this morning to buy it, it was no longer on sale.

They were still showing up yesterday for me, weird that all the other sale items are still showing up though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I bought Octodad a few hours ago in the sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Nobody suspected a thing...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Might be a good heads up for some of the posters here who have a meltdown once the PSN goes down and say they had no warning.
    Sony has announced the PlayStation Network will be offline for scheduled maintenance on Monday between 9.40 PT / 12.40 ET / 17.40 GMT until 16.50 PT / 19.50 ET on Monday / 00.50 GMT on Tuesday August 26.

During that time, you'll be unable to access the PlayStation Store, Account Management or Account Registration services, though anyone who's logged into the PSN since August 20 will be able to access entertainment services like Netflix or play games online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Xenji wrote: »
    Might be a good heads up for some of the posters here who have a meltdown once the PSN goes down and say they had no warning.

Cool, at least it is not the weekend or a bank holiday monday. Hopefully this is Sony preparing for the new firmware.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

It's a bank holiday for some of us! :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Netflix not working for anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Anyone have trouble linking accounts for diablo. I have both accounts linked for previous characters but when i try import them it says no save data found

Working for me. Girlfriend has taken over couch so no gaming tonight.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Depends, Now. Source updated?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Only have my PS4 about 3 weeks so just wondering are there any "must have" indie games on the PSN store worth picking up? I'm trading in Watch Dogs this weekend for TLOU and picking up Madden 15 Tuesday but are there any games that came out in the last year or so worth picking up cheap? Heard Wolfenstein is decent but I'm not really a FPS fan. Watch Dogs is ok but I'm kind of bored with it now, think I'm around 3/4 through the Campaign.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Depends, Now. Source updated?
    padair wrote: »
    Working for me. Girlfriend has taken over couch so no gaming tonight.

Out at the minute but it was not working on pc either.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Only have my PS4 about 3 weeks so just wondering are there any "must have" indie games on the PSN store worth picking up? I'm trading in Watch Dogs this weekend for TLOU and picking up Madden 15 Tuesday but are there any games that came out in the last year or so worth picking up cheap? Heard Wolfenstein is decent but I'm not really a FPS fan. Watch Dogs is ok but I'm kind of bored with it now, think I'm around 3/4 through the Campaign.

Hohokum, Resogun (get the DLC too), Transistor and Towerfall Ascension are all fantastic and must buys IMO. Also Rogue Legacy and the Swapper if you haven't played them on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Cool, at least it is not the weekend or a bank holiday monday. Hopefully this is Sony preparing for the new firmware.

Is that not out til Xmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Hohokum, Resogun (get the DLC too), Transistor and Towerfall Ascension are all fantastic and must buys IMO. Also Rogue Legacy and the Swapper if you haven't played them on PC.

Cheers, will give them a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Agree with all of the above (must play Hohokum and The Swapper myself).

Others can be played elsewhere too but if you haven't played them Guacamelee, Trials Fusion and Fez.

I've also enjoyed Octodad, Don't Starve and Strider but the latter two were free.

Fieldog wrote: »
    Is that not out til Xmas?

Oh did not know that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Oh did not know that.

Actually just says "Fall" on the US PS site, so hopefully it does get here before Xmas, Sony can take their time with software stuff... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Anyone have trouble linking accounts for diablo. I have both accounts linked for previous characters but when i try import them it says no save data found

Did you actually upload the characters to "the cloud" on your ps3/360 ? You have to do that as well as linking accounts.

The fall update is 2.0, there is still time for firmware updates between now and then with new features...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

CombatCow wrote: »
    Did you actually upload the characters to "the cloud" on your ps3/360 ? You have to do that as well as linking accounts.

Ye i did that and got a message saying your heroes are waiting for you in westmarsh. Iv been on the battlenet forums and it seems to be an issue and all people have been told is contact microsoft

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

are there any new PS4 bundles with the new Fifa 15? looking to get the white version but all i can see is gamestop selling the white destiny bundle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

4real wrote: »
    are there any new PS4 bundles with the new Fifa 15? looking to get the white version but all i can see is gamestop selling the white destiny bundle.

White is only with Destiny and exclusive to gamestop for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Xenji wrote: »

One of the most disappointing things about the PS4 for me is that Sony have not improved PSN. The constant downtime for maintenance is a joke at this stage and imo is not acceptable now that users are required to pay to play online. PS gamers should put more of a fuss about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Benzino wrote: »
    One of the most disappointing things about the PS4 for me is that Sony have not improved PSN. The constant downtime for maintenance is a joke at this stage and imo is not acceptable now that users are required to pay to play online. PS gamers should put more of a fuss about it.

I honestly haven't experienced any downtime only have 2 hrs though late at night when I play.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

Benzino wrote: »

The PSN is not the worst, Sure it has it's maintenance times, but so did the PS3 it's first 2 years.

The worst thing for me is the PS4 operating system itself, It just seems incomplete to me, takes forever to load buddy lists and just forgets to load a message when you've gotten the notification for one, and for a system with so much memory, i get the "out of system memory" a bit too much on PS4, specially when using the web browser with plex or any other HTML5 or flash videos, it just seems it can't multitask at all and seems incredibly sluggish at times.

Perhaps when 2.00 firmware updates lands it will fix a lot of these issues, but will just have to wait and find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

PSN maintenance times and the amount of times per year is a joke at this stage now that we are paying for it. XBL goes down 2-3 times a year tops for maintenance and only for a few hours at a time. PSN is every second month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Jayzis lads...I don't really notice it that much. All the free games make up for it ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement