Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

PSN maintenance times and the amount of times per year is a joke at this stage now that we are paying for it. XBL goes down 2-3 times a year tops for maintenance and only for a few hours at a time. PSN is every second month.

It goes down a lot more than that, especially of recent times, but at least its always clearly outlined on the website in some cases... (not all!)

When the PSN goes down, sometimes, it says "if you sign in before 20th August you won't be affected" that's fair enough imo...

For the bigger outage's that's not a go-er unfortunately... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

My inFAMOUS: First Light pre-order was cancelled. Got an e-mail from Sony saying I still get the Fetch costume thing.

It seems to be widespread based on this NeoGAF thread. Anyone else affected?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

It really highlights how poor their network infrastructure is if they have to take it offline every 2 months, but really shouldn't come as a surprise after the hacking incident.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone up for some diablo co op action?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Has anyone installed plants vs zombies ps4 I bought it today and thought I had it installed but when I started the game it is just a kind of demo and in the corner it says install progress and a progress bar and it's taking forever.
    What I need to know is can I exit this demo and play a different game while this keeps downloading?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭AGoodison

iamtony wrote: »
    Has anyone installed plants vs zombies ps4 I bought it today and thought I had it installed but when I started the game it is just a kind of demo and in the corner it says install progress and a progress bar and it's taking forever.
    What I need to know is can I exit this demo and play a different game while this keeps downloading?

It would seem to just be installing after the download. Yup player another game will still install it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Otacon wrote: »
    My inFAMOUS: First Light pre-order was cancelled. Got an e-mail from Sony saying I still get the Fetch costume thing.

It seems to be widespread based on this NeoGAF thread. Anyone else affected?

Yeah, amazon cancelled my order of the physical copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

AGoodison wrote: »
    It would seem to just be installing after the download. Yup player another game will still install it.
    Ok but if I have to start the install again I will hunt you down I'm on 65% at the moment. My little girl was dyin to play but I had to send her to bed without.
    I suppose it's good you can do something while it's downloading. I thought the 14gb install went pretty fast ha ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Worth mentioning here, from the PS4 bargains thread:
    TheDoc wrote: »
    Amazon have dropped pre order prices on loads of games to 40 pound.

When you pre order you pay the lowest price it ever gets too. So I preorderd a few games at 46-48 pounds and have a little app that notifies me when prices drop.

Destiny...Shadow of mordor and Fifa all down to 40 pound;)

Games out in the next 90 days Amazon.co.uk

Out later, but just dropped to around the £40 mark:

The Order 1886

Dead Island 2

The Witcher 3

Evolve

Batman Arkham Knight

Finally, if you use Parcel motel you can get free first class shipping on all pre-orders. Oh also, you only pay amazon when the item ships.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Good to see prices going back to PS3 levels

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

lertsnim wrote: »
    Good to see prices going back to PS3 levels

Its just history repeating itself. PS3 games were €60-€70 when the PS3 launched like PS4 games but this time the prices have fallen faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Its just history repeating itself. PS3 games were €60-€70 when the PS3 launched like PS4 games but this time the prices have fallen faster.

Games are still like €70 in Gamestop,Smyths etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

If enough people buy online they wont be long reacting to the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Got the ultimate edition FIFA 15 48.18 pound about 60 euro which is about 80 in Irish shops, could've saved a pound if I ordered yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Any chance of getting a PS4 game on release day from Amazon? Got lucky with Watch Dogs, but every other time it's been the following Monday or Tuesday.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Any chance of getting a PS4 game on release day from Amazon? Got lucky with Watch Dogs, but every other time it's been the following Monday or Tuesday.

Yes, if you use Parcel Motel and select the Belfast address for it. Worst case you will get it late on Saturday night.

Yeah it really depends on when they dispatch it, but with the first class shipping and parcel motel there is a much better chance to get it early/on the day.

What's the story with this parcel motel & amazon thing? (I've never ordered from amazon before)

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    What's the story with this parcel motel & amazon thing? (I've never ordered from amazon before)

Once you have a PM account you can use it for anything even sending items.

http://www.parcelmotel.com/about.html

Handy to have if you live near enough to a PM pick up site.

Once you have a PM account you can use it for anything even sending items.

http://www.parcelmotel.com/about.html

Handy to have if you live near enough to a PM pick up site.

Like I get what PM is about but why do people always use it when ordering from Amazon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Has anyone pre ordered a game using the regular 'free super saver delivery' option on Amazon and received it on the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,992 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Like I get what PM is about but why do people always use it when ordering from Amazon?

Because you can avail of first class delivery for free as Parcel Motel is in Northern Ireland which counts as UK. Basically most UK online stores usually have free delivery in UK and charge to deliver to Ireland so by using PM you get free delivery and sometimes get it faster compared to if it ships to an Irish address

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Keno wrote: »
    Has anyone pre ordered a game using the regular 'free super saver delivery' option on Amazon and received it on the day?

Got Watch Dogs on release day with the free delivery. In hindsight, I wish it never arrived.

Because you can avail of first class delivery for free as Parcel Motel is in Northern Ireland which counts as UK. Basically most UK online stores usually have free delivery in UK and charge to deliver to Ireland so by using PM you get free delivery and sometimes get it faster compared to if it ships to an Irish address

This, the shipping is way faster using the Antrim PM address than using Royal Mail and having them had over to An Post. Your package can leave Amazon in the Uk and get to NI in a few hours sometimes and then PM can have it in the Republic very shortly after plus they deliver on weekends. It's win win all round.

Keno wrote: »

Eh no, can't say I ever have.

If a game is released on a Tuesday, amazon dispatch it on Monday, parcelmotel get it Tuesday morning and have it delivered to me by that evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Is it just me but FIFA 15 ultimate edition is priced at 47 and then when you go to pay it's changed 48.18. After you come out and check it's still priced at 47 does this happen with other games or is it just my account.

JamboMac wrote: »
    Is it just me but FIFA 15 ultimate edition is priced at 47 and then when you go to pay it's changed 48.18. After you come out and check it's still priced at 47 does this happen with other games or is it just my account.

I would imagine it's to do with the different rate of VAT over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

martyos121 wrote: »
    Got Watch Dogs on release day with the free delivery. In hindsight, I wish it never arrived.

I feel much the same, heap of sh1t of a game, lost interest in it it after a couple of hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Next Gen Gamer

beercr8te wrote: »
    I feel much the same, heap of sh1t of a game, lost interest in it it after a couple of hours.

Totally disappointing that game was. Same monotonous task over and over. Hack the camera open the gate from the other side. It just got old fast. One high point for me, I thought he shooting mechanics were quite good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,835 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Anyone else not able to sign into PSN this morning?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement