Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭vidor

I'm trying to load up FIFA but it's stalling at the start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Anyone else not able to sign into PSN this morning?

Yep same issue here, apparently there's scheduled maintenance for tomorrow so maybe they've started early?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Hopefully its sorted soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Apparently it's down due to a DDOS attack: https://twitter.com/lizardsquad

• Registered Users Posts: 29,835 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ah for F*ck sake man!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Ah Internet trolls. A truly miserable bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,786 ✭✭✭Evade

Another group of childish "hackers" who are trying to improve the customer service of a "greedy" company by taking the service away from the paying customer. There's some insane troll logic for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Fúck! The one day I get the chance to play online :(

Wouldn't have bothered me as much but I really wanted to play TLOU and GTA online. Guess I'll throw on P.T :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

As well not being able to play online, it seems a lot of my digital games have reverted to their 'Trial Mode'. Not sure if it's related or not. Never had that issue before.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Guess I'll throw on P.T :eek:

Playing P.T was a bad choice :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Because you can avail of first class delivery for free as Parcel Motel is in Northern Ireland which counts as UK. Basically most UK online stores usually have free delivery in UK and charge to deliver to Ireland so by using PM you get free delivery and sometimes get it faster compared to if it ships to an Irish address

Aw I see, cheers :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

This crowd of nobbers has ruined my plan of playing a bunch of TLOU online today.

I hope Sony finds out who they are and has them murdered or somesuch. Is there any legal recourse for companies that get DDoSed?

Shower of bástards :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

I got disconnected last night playing the last of us and couldn't reconnect, I assume this was the reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I got disconnected last night playing the last of us and couldn't reconnect, I assume this was the reason?

What time were you playing at? Was playing BF4 around 3am ish... Although all the servers were rubber banding for me, it was working fine

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

aaronh007 wrote: »
    What time were you playing at? Was playing BF4 around 3am ish... Although all the servers were rubber banding for me, it was working fine

Around 11 last night, I tried turning it off and then on again no joy, haven't tried it yet today though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Sonys' silence is deafening.

It's back up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭jimmy the car

Anyone know if there likely to be a PS4 version of the Advanced Warfare bundle that's on offer on the X1?

Evade wrote: »
    It's back up.

Still can't get in myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

*Need my Diablo fix* Damn it! Can still play offline but me and a few lads planned to co-op today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

If some group decides to take down playstation network and they do manage to do that, there is something wrong with this network. And it is not the first (or second) time they did that.

Not only Sonys store is mess, their network is too. PS4 interface is terrible, and 8-9 motnhs after release they managed to get what - 3 apps on it?

I do love games on Playstation 4, but everything else outside those games is pretty dissapointing - at least for me .. considering the size of Sony and number of people using playstation.

198321 wrote: »
    If some group decides to take down playstation network and they do manage to do that, there is something wrong with this network. And it is not the first (or second) time they did that.
    From my understanding there is no real way to protect against DDoS.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

^ This

Also, these guys hit battle.net and league of legends, guild wars and Eve online servers in the last 24 hours too, so I wouldn't totally blame Sony, but they should at least acknowledge the problem which @askplaystation or their server status page still have not done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

How come Microsoft never gets hacked :/

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

ItsHoggie wrote: »

Twitter telling me they are affected now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

I'm pretty sure they have been in the past maybe not recently.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Based on Xbone sales figures, no one would notice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement