Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,786 ✭✭✭Evade

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    How come Microsoft never gets hacked :/
    It's not really a hack more like a massive prank call tying up a phone line. The reason Microsoft don't get DDoSed, as far as I know, is that because they're such a huge company they've got way more servers so it's harder to tie them all up at once.

EDIT: Never mind Klair88 says they're down too.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Based on Xbone sales figures, no one would notice.

BUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRNNNN :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I'm an idiot when it comes to things like this, I'd just like to know if a DDoS attack can get into account info like the first big PSN hack did?

martyos121 wrote: »
    I'm an idiot when it comes to things like this, I'd just like to know if a DDoS attack can get into account info like the first big PSN hack did?
    It can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Check out John Smedley (@j_smedley): https://twitter.com/j_smedley head guy of Sony online. Acknowledged a large scale Ddos attack. Reckons it be back up soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

It's back on PS3 so hopefully should be back up on PS4 soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

This wouldn't be annoying me so much if it wasn't for the smug pricks making out they're doing some good - No, you're causing a minor inconvenience for people for no reason. Tools.

This wouldn't be annoying me so much if it wasn't for the smug pricks making out they're doing some good - No, you're causing a minor inconvenience for people for no reason. Tools.

They say they're doing us a service, but in reality, they're MS fanboys who are still upset over paying 100 more for a slightly lesser console.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

slow hand clap well done lads yer brilliant
    moronic

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Seems to be back working..... Until the planned maintenance tomorrow :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

CombatCow wrote: »
    Seems to be back working..... Until the planned maintenance tomorrow :P

I got back on then it kicked me off again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Internet store isn't working for me. Wont let me sign in.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

I still can't sign in..

My ps4 won't load up the main menu, starts fine, the epilepsy message comes up and then just the blue background. Nothing else. Holding down ps button gives the usual options etc but I can't do anything with it basically. Could this be related to the ddos attack or is my ps4 borked? I've had zero problems with it up until now.

My ps4 won't load up the main menu, starts fine, the epilepsy message comes up and then just the blue background. Nothing else. Holding down ps button gives the usual options etc but I can't do anything with it basically. Could this be related to the ddos attack or is my ps4 borked? I've had zero problems with it up until now.
    Mine did that earlier. I turned it off and back on and the same screen came up. I left it on the blue background for a few minutes than it loaded the menu.

Turned it off, disconnected the Ethernet cable and all is well again. I was getting seriously worried there!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Still not working for me fûck it anyways!!

So the guys claiming responsibility for the DDoS tweeted that there were explosives on an American Airlines flight which has now been diverted. That could end up being pretty serious.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

This is when trolling goes way too far. I hope whoever is responsible gets everything that's coming to them and are jailed for a very long time. I'm sorry but I just get more and more irked by these ignorant 'social justice' Internet warriors by the day.

South-Park-World-of-Warcraft.jpg

This is what we're dealing with folks. Several of them, the basterds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Evade wrote: »
    So the guys claiming responsibility for the DDoS tweeted that there were explosives on an American Airlines flight which has now been diverted. That could end up being pretty serious.
    This is when trolling goes way too far. I hope whoever is responsible gets everything that's coming to them and are jailed for a very long time. I'm sorry but I just get more and more irked by these ignorant 'social justice' Internet warriors by the day.

It's not the social justice "we're fighting the good fight" crowd that's doing this.

They've been posting some Jihadist and ISIS ****e as well as embedding it on some sites, as well as this bomb scare that they done to get John Smedley fligth diverted.

This isn't going to end with some pimply 15 year olds in court, they're going to find themselves on the wrong side of the US patriot act.

Water boarding for all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

martyos121 wrote: »

DDos is a just a denial of service attack coming from multiple computers online requesting a file or service that is resource extensive multiple times in succession causing the servers to get bogged down and crash in most incidents, usually made by loic or other tools by kids online.

These are not intrusions, but coordinated attacks at the PSN network servers and as such cannot be stopped in most cases but traffic can be shaped or converted elsewhere and some small blocking measures can be made.

Expect PSN to go up and down, and Sony will probably decide to take down the network for maintenance ahead of it's planned outage this week to compensate.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

BordorFox wrote: »
    DDos is a just a denial of service attack coming from multiple computers online requesting a file or service that is resource extensive multiple times in succession causing the servers to get bogged down and crash in most incidents, usually made by loic or other tools by kids online.

These are not intrusions, but coordinated attacks at the PSN network servers and as such cannot be stopped in most cases but traffic can be shaped or converted elsewhere and some small blocking measures can be made.

Expect PSN to go up and down, and Sony will probably decide to take down the network for maintenance ahead of it's planned outage this week to compensate.

Yup, getting the down for maintenance message now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

It's suppose to be @FamedGod that took down PSN, they just tweeted the IP addresses of Lizard Squads members

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Bloody psn down for maintenance bullsh1t!

Can't get into PSN but Netflix is working

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

It's suppose to be @FamedGod that took down PSN, they just tweeted the IP addresses of Lizard Squads members

Hope they catch the scumbags

Can't get into PSN but Netflix is working

netflixs wont work for me at all on ps4

Hope they catch the scumbags

netflixs wont work for me at all on ps4

Mine is working but very slow at loading up movies, my bro just told me PSN is working for him on his PS3

• Advertisement

So Fame wants wants to help keep our account data safe by telling everyone that it might be vulnerable? Makes perfect sense.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement