Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I had to go wired(power plugs) as it was ridicolous, downloading in kbps and loads of disconnects.
    PS3 sitting beside it and was working fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

41gb in 2 hours on a 6mb line today, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

He's actually talking about the install not the downloading.

Now I see. Stuck on 16%, what the hell is going on, here?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

tok9 wrote: »
    He's actually talking about the install not the downloading.

I found PS4 installs amazingly quick!
    I'm assuming this is from the disk?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    I found PS4 installs amazingly quick!
    I'm assuming this is from the disk?

Nope I had PS3 version of NBA and Battlefield , download of the game itself was fine , but then the game launches and allows you access to quick game for NBA or Campaign for Battlefield while it installs. NBA was on 16% at bout half 2/3. On 19% now. Why is the install so slow ?

Can't see this being done tonight. To make matters worse, they were playing COLDPLAY over the QuickGame while it's installing.

That's just cruel.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Can't see this being done tonight. To make matters worse, they were playing COLDPLAY over the QuickGame while it's installing.

That's just cruel.

Im reading up man and it should only take like 1/2 hour from what I'm reading. But it shouldnt be anything to do with the internet right as the game is fully downloaded ?. Going to plug it directly into the wall anyway and see if it makes a difference :/

Soby wrote: »
    Nope I had PS3 version of NBA and Battlefield , download of the game itself was fine , but then the game launches and allows you access to quick game for NBA or Campaign for Battlefield while it installs. NBA was on 16% at bout half 2/3. On 19% now. Why is the install so slow ?

Now that I think about it NBA was quite slow.
    Battlefield on the other hand was done within minutes for me :confused:

Im reading up man and it should only take like 1/2 hour from what I'm reading. But it shouldnt be anything to do with the internet right as the game is fully downloaded ?. Going to plug it directly into the wall anyway and see if it makes a difference :/

Yeah, unless it's still downloading something. Weird, though.

• Advertisement

Yeah, unless it's still downloading something. Weird, though.

There is a 2GB update which you need to unlock a load of content.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    There is a 2GB update which you need to unlock a load of content.

Ye but everything is Downloaded , we are in the game menu and it's installing , still barely moving , very weird

Can't believe how long its taking to install the downloaded version. The files are already downloaded!

Ye but everything is Downloaded , we are in the game menu and it's installing , still barely moving , very weird

Maybe back out and close the game?
    But that might restart everything... So eh :pac:

Restarted twice

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Can't believe how long its taking to install the downloaded version. The files are already downloaded!

In which case you're installing files from the HDD to the HDD, rather than from the Blu ray to the HDD where the files are copied over and installed as it goes.

Varik wrote: »
    In which case you're installing files from the HDD to the HDD, rather than from the Blu ray to the HDD where the files are copied over and installed as it goes.

Yeah. Feels weird that this way would take longer.

From what I'm reading about battlefield , it downloads just enough to allow to play single player then the install is the rest of the Download

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

From what I'm reading about battlefield , it downloads just enough to allow to play single player then the install is the rest of the Download

Yep think the initial download is only like 1.6gb that allows u to start singleplayer while the other 30 odd gb downloads and installs AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Just started my PS4 there refused to load any of my games ...including Resogun, Need 4 Speed and Fifa 14, and then i put in Assasins creed and its working perfect...so then put back in FIFa and after a while it failed login to the EA servers and is now working perfect so is my problem an online one or what the **** ?? Very worried been perfect up to now

• Advertisement

While browsing twitter for answer found a guy giving ou GTA 5 wasnt working for his new ps4 , suppose I could be worse ,could be him :P

From 15% to 34% in 10 hours...

Another black mark for choosing digital...

Although this does just seem to be the case with the upgrade packages.

Why did we get one that takes so long to install? It's so weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Ah, right. Still worked out well. Almost downloaded.

Lucky fecker. I am trying to download it on Donegal bogband. Its been stuck at 99 hours for a long time. Might have to go up to Dublin to visit the cousins for new years

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It is strange that it is happening, I have every demo from both the US store and the EU store, and they download lightening fast and install right away and this is just on 24mb line, not sure why it is different with game upgrades, but I know NBA 2k14 is over 50 gigs, that is a lot of data to copy, even with a fast PC. Remember that when you download a game you need twice the space, so if it is 50 gigs, you need 100 gigs free, as the download will be deleted once the game is installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Fiddlex

Can anyone recommend a good cheap headset for the ps4 that can play in game audio and also the chat audio?

This install issue seems to be only happening with upgraded versions for some reason. On 77% now after leaving it all night.

So I got the game for €45 euro in total, plus I have a PS3 version if ever I want to play that, but I think I'd rather have bought the physical copy for 60, which has a resale value to make up for the 15, saved and I wouldn't have to wait a day of leaving the console on to play it.

Did anyone do the upgrade with NBA2K14 and not have this waiting time?

Left mine overnight at 30% and it was done this morning thankfully

On 81%. I checked how much free space I have, just to be sure. 301gb, so it's not an issue of making space. Ah sure, it'll be done in the next 3 hours or whatever, just annoyed as I had more time to play it yesterday, than I do today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Fiddlex wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good cheap headset for the ps4 that can play in game audio and also the chat audio?

I use Turtle beach px21,great for chat and in game audio

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement