Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Jacks Smirking Revenge

Of course, the one day I actually want to use my PS4 this happens :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Some users have no interest in online play, actually probably more than 50%, but for those who do like online play it must be a pain in the ass especially now that you have to pay for the privilege.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Xenji wrote: »
    Some users have no interest in online play, actually probably more than 50%, but for those who do like online play it must be a pain in the ass especially now that you have to pay for the privilege.

No where near 50%, there's a reason that MP focused games sell so much, and it's not becuase more games have some last minute MP to combat used sales which isn't a even a concern on PC where it's even more MP/social focused than console. It's becuase the majority spend most of their time on MP with by its nature is a larger time sink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Seems to be working again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

cloud493 wrote: »
    Seems to be working again.

Great, But for how Long!!!!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Maintenance wont be going ahead, it's gonna be rescheduled for a later date.
    In light of today’s issue, the networks will not undergo the regularly scheduled maintenance, which was planned for Monday, 25th August. We will provide an update shortly for when the maintenance will be rescheduled.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

Evade wrote: »
    So the guys claiming responsibility for the DDoS tweeted that there were explosives on an American Airlines flight which has now been diverted. That could end up being pretty serious.

It was the Sony Online president on the plane, he confirmed via twitter he was on it
    http://www.polygon.com/2014/8/24/6063149/hacker-threat-diverts-flight-carrying-sony-online-president

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Soon I'll have a 2TB PS4.

Bought this external hard drive that Eurogamer recommended in Argos today for 80 Euro.

It can be dismantled for it's drive and reassembled with the old drive.

So I get my drive upgraded and a 500GB external drive.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-how-to-cheaply-upgrade-your-ps4-to-2tb

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

Soon I'll have a 2TB PS4.

Bought this external hard drive that Eurogamer recommended in Argos today for 80 Euro.

It can be dismantled for it's drive and reassembled with the old drive.

So I get my drive upgraded and a 500GB external drive.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-how-to-cheaply-upgrade-your-ps4-to-2tb

Think ill do the same,my extrernal hdd went kaput, so will do a swapperoonnie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Anyone got very slow speeds on downloading from store since psn came up.

PS4 reports a miserable 300kbps download and I consistently get close to 4MB/s on my line using the PC.
    Right now I am watching the headset companion app update file download. It's 82 MB. And notifications is telling me I have 3 hours left!!!

Is there anything I can do on the eircom efibre router (F1000) to improve things ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Flaccus wrote: »

PS4 reports a miserable 300kbps download and I consistently get close to 4MB/s on my line using the PC.
    Right now I am watching the headset companion app update file download. It's 82 MB. And notifications is telling me I have 3 hours left!!!

Is there anything I can do on the eircom efibre router (F1000) to improve things ?

Wifi or wired?

EDIT: I'm on UPC 200MB, wifi and it downloaded in ~3 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Efibre seems to be pretty crap until close to around 12 and then speeds pick back up, I use POE and can get about 48 from my 50 mb line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

If it is any consolation, I just got a PS3 today and it's taking 1 hour+ to download the PlaystationStore software which is only 44mb. :D
    I'm on efibre too.
    It must be on their end. edit:PSN's end

I don't even have any games, so it doesn't look like i'll be playing anything tonight :(

The strange thing is efibre flies along on my pc, even my mobile. It's just psn sucks. I am using wireless by the way.

So not sure if it's the ps4's wireless being crap or psn being crap.

Maybe I should invest in some tplink plugs.

Must be related to this

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Must be related to this

That was cancelled.

Sorry, new to this.
    I saw the US maintenance was cancelled, but wasn't sure if EU had a separate maintenance schedule.

I see the Eircom router uses iPOE. Any advantage to changing to PPPoe. Would it help with the crap PSN speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

The strange thing is efibre flies along on my pc, even my mobile. It's just psn sucks. I am using wireless by the way.

So not sure if it's the ps4's wireless being crap or psn being crap.

Maybe I should invest in some tplink plugs.

Try with an Ethernet cable. I find the WiFi to be atrocious on the PS3 and 4

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭The Friendly Newcomer

Recently sold my PS3 so have no console now. I have always had Playstations but my brother has a Xbox 360. Is the PS4 worth the money or is the Xbox One better?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Recently sold my PS3 so have no console now. I have always had Playstations but my brother has a Xbox 360. Is the PS4 worth the money or is the Xbox One better?

Thanks

If you're talking specs, the PS4 is the better machine, but overall it's all subjective at the end of the day. I personally feel that the 'Instant Game Collection' for Sony is much better value than Xbox's 'Games for Gold' so there is that to take into account also. But you already had a PS3 so you're probably aware of how good PS+ is... Silly person for selling the PS3 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭The Friendly Newcomer

nocoverart wrote: »
    If you're talking specs, the PS4 is the better machine, but overall it's all subjective at the end of the day. I personally feel that the 'Instant Game Collection' for Sony is much better value than Xbox's 'Games for Gold' so there is that to take into account also. But you already had a PS3 so you're probably aware of how good PS+ is... Silly person for selling the PS3 though.

Thanks

Why? haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Anybody play Blacklight? I started playing it on my profile while ago but can't seem to unlock the 'Damn, I Look Good' trophy, I got it straight away on my bros profile but it won't unlock for me

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Thanks

Why? haha

Because it has a huge back catalog of games. On top of that with PS+, you are guaranteed to get some quality games every month for the PS3.

I've been playing a lot of those games recently such as Saints Row 3, Dead Space 3, Crysis 3, Metro Last Light, Tomb Raider etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Maybe he's played them :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Lads, am I going mad or was there a Twitch app on the PS4? Had a look last night and couldnt see it at all anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Lads, am I going mad or was there a Twitch app on the PS4? Had a look last night and couldnt see it at all anywhere.

There's no app it's built in along with upstream.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Varik wrote: »
    There's no app it's built in along with upstream.

And how do you get it because I remember there been a twitch type icon when I signed up to it but nothing since. Is it when you click share that it goes in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

The new Madden was released in the US today but it's not due here until Friday.

Is there any way of getting it from the US store on download today and playing it without issue (online etc) on my normal EU account?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement