Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Grayditch wrote: »
    Maybe he's played them :)

Maybe.. but he won't be playing any of the future content.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

jonny24ie wrote: »
    And how do you get it because I remember there been a twitch type icon when I signed up to it but nothing since. Is it when you click share that it goes in?

You login to stream via it on the share button.

You can also view users streaming from it in the Playstation live tile, under twitch tab like below.

25W3OhP.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

BordorFox wrote: »
    You login to stream via it on the share button.

You can also view users streaming from it in the Playstation live tile, under twitch tab like below.

live.jpg

Ah thank you, I didnt think it was in PS Live :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭The Friendly Newcomer

tok9 wrote: »
    Because it has a huge back catalog of games. On top of that with PS+, you are guaranteed to get some quality games every month for the PS3.

I've been playing a lot of those games recently such as Saints Row 3, Dead Space 3, Crysis 3, Metro Last Light, Tomb Raider etc.

I see your point but I only really played Fifa on the PS3 and I found Fifa 14 last year to be quite poor on the PS3. The PS3 was just sitting there and not being used I found.

I am hoping that Fifa 15 on the PS4 will good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Only game Id consider buying back a PS3 for is F1.. Cant believe its not being released on PS4 till next year..Gutted! I nearly would buy mine back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Recently sold my PS3 so have no console now. I have always had Playstations but my brother has a Xbox 360. Is the PS4 worth the money or is the Xbox One better?

Thanks

Yes! 100% IMO
    Ive always had a console since the early 90s but end of the day Id buy FIFA, F1, any game and play it for 4/5 weeks and get bored and the PS3 was just left there.

Since Ive got PS4 its in constant use, wouldnt be an addicted gamer knowing the ins and outs of proper gaming, just for fun (More into FM etc) but absolutely cant get enough of PS4 with FIFA, Battlefield, MLB, Watch Dogs etc!

Yes! 100% IMO
    Ive always had a console since the early 90s but end of the day Id buy FIFA, F1, any game and play it for 4/5 weeks and get bored and the PS3 was just left there.

Since Ive got PS4 its in constant use, wouldnt be an addicted gamer knowing the ins and outs of proper gaming, just for fun (More into FM etc) but absolutely cant get enough of PS4 with FIFA, Battlefield, MLB, Watch Dogs etc!

I found Fifa 14 on the PS3 to be poor. Hopefully Fifa 15 on the PS4 will be a lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I found Fifa 14 on the PS3 to be poor. Hopefully Fifa 15 on the PS4 will be a lot better.

I think they chose to not use the new game engine with the 360/ps3 versions. Huge jump in Fifa 14 when it comes to old gen and the new ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

So is the maintainance today instead?. Cant sign in on ps4

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

No the maintenance will be at a later date.

• Advertisement

I think they chose to not use the new game engine with the 360/ps3 versions. Huge jump in Fifa 14 when it comes to old gen and the new ones.

I was thinking. I played Fifa 14 on the PS4 in a shop and it was a lot better than the PS3. I'd say Fifa 15 will be even better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

For anyone looking for a good website to buy games off, shopto have already dispatched my copy of metro today, so I'l have it by friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Asked this in a different thread might be better here, has anyone ever ordered off the hut before, are they quick on delivery, release dates etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

cloud493 wrote: »
    For anyone looking for a good website to buy games off, shopto have already dispatched my copy of metro today, so I'l have it by friday.

+1
    I've preordered from them aswell and had no worries price was good aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Shopto seem more expensive then amazon FIFA 15 is 55 pound compared to amazons 48 pound and is delivery free, I'm comparing the ultimate edition.

Aye, but then if metro was dispatched this morning, it'll most likely arrive by friday.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Asked this in a different thread might be better here, has anyone ever ordered off the hut before, are they quick on delivery, release dates etc.?

Ya be warned there really really slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

The golf club is getting released today at some stage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

The golf club is getting released today at some stage

In North America only.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Wouldn't go near them they are as bad as Play.com, last time I used the The Hut was about 6 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

lertsnim wrote: »
    Try with an Ethernet cable. I find the WiFi to be atrocious on the PS3 and 4

Got some powerline adaptors so will set them up during the week.

Jut tested internet connection again with wifi and 60 kbps !!!
    Using the browser on a non-flash test my broadband site it gets a miserable 5 mbps.

Same site on my windows machine is over 30 mbps.

So wifi on the ps4 is atrocious allright.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

I have homeplugs which are faultless for playing TF2 on my PC but the PS4 playing wireless with TLOU MP will have a major connection issue every 3 matches or so despite being flawless otherwise.

Wireless is a garbage technology that is too reliant on other factors. A cable is the best way of connecting to de t'internet.

It isn't effected by microwaves two houses down being turned on.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

Ordered FIFA 14 last year from them. Had it on the Friday morning it was released.

Ordered again this year FIFA 15 / boxers offer. Boxers dispatched on a Thursday and delivered by DHL on Tuesday.

Flaccus wrote: »
    Got some powerline adaptors so will set them up during the week.

They are the business. In my last gaff my consoles were set up next to the UPC router and everything was connected by cable.
    Moved house recently and my tv and consoles are upstairs on the opposite side of the house to the router. Wireless signal was atrocious and dropped every five minutes. I got a powerline adaptor for the ps4 and it's the business. Connection is solid and jumped from around 2mbps to 30mbps.
    I have to get another one for my ps3 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Wouldn't go near them they are as bad as Play.com, last time I used the The Hut was about 6 years ago.

Never used them before but saying a company is bad when you used them 6 years ago helps as much as someone who never used them before saying they're good.

In 6 years, a lot can change.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

The hut is bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭IrishSkyBoxer

right gents, taking the plunge and buying the ps4.

am I better off to get ps4 plus watchdogs for 400, or ps4 plus last of us for 425.

I only bought last of us for ps3 two months ago and am only half way through it, is there much of a difference with the newest version?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

right gents, taking the plunge and buying the ps4.

am I better off to get ps4 plus watchdogs for 400, or ps4 plus last of us for 425.

I only bought last of us for ps3 two months ago and am only half way through it, is there much of a difference with the newest version?

Get ps4 plus watch dogs, play for a bit then trade it in to smartspot if there's one nearby and get the last of us for €5. That's what I did.

Can't say I'm very excited to have to play through some of my games again, I'm stick killzone and the like on easy and just plough through them if I can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

cloud493 wrote: »
    Can't say I'm very excited to have to play through some of my games again, I'm stick killzone and the like on easy and just plough through them if I can.

If you don't enjoy them, why play through them again?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement