Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Daniel Kaplan ‏@Kappische
    We're working out some last minute things with Sony and hopefully later today you will be playing Minecraft PS4 on your ...PS4! :US and EU

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Is the mine craft for ps4 Xbox one the same as the PC version where you just build stuff or what is the point?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

JamboMac wrote: »
    Is the mine craft for ps4 Xbox one the same as the PC version where you just build stuff or what is the point?

There is a survival mode with a proper ending if you want it to end and a creative mode where you can just build and build to share and build big projects with others.

The PS4/X1 version is close to the PC but it's not completely unlimited in scale like the PC version is while at the same time they are not as restricted as the PS3/360 versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

My brother downloaded Moto GP Demo the other day but I when i try to play it using my profile which is the primary one it won't leave me?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 IhateScalpers

Mod edit: Game sharing is illegal and against the Ts and Cs.
    Discussion is not allowed.
    See charter.

Sorry just assumed it was OK.. I was never a man to read instructions..
    Anyway, I'll be more careful in future.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    My brother downloaded Moto GP Demo the other day but I when i try to play it using my profile which is the primary one it won't leave me?

Hold the ps button and switch user, log him in and then switch back to your own and it should fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

is anyone getting really slow speeds downloading from the store. I am trying to dowload Velocity and it is saying it will take 3 hours. Crazy for 2393mb

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭pokeraladin

JamboMac wrote: »

My son says it's running at 1080p and 60 frames a sec and can play 20 people at once compared to 8.....don't blame me if that's wrong blame my 9 year old son. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭AGoodison

Am I right in saying that to get the velocity plat, you have to purchase the dlc?

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Don't know if this is old news or not. Thought that the PS3 to PS4 Minecraft upgrade was meant to be £3.99 but I just got the PS4 game unlock on PSN for free using the Sony website. Unfortunately I haven't yet got a PS4 so I can't test it, but might be worth a try for those PS4 owners that have Minecraft on PS3. I have a UK account if that makes a difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

James74 wrote: »
    Don't know if this is old news or not. Thought that the PS3 to PS4 Minecraft upgrade was meant to be £3.99 but I just got the PS4 game unlock on PSN for free using the Sony website. Unfortunately I haven't yet got a PS4 so I can't test it, but might be worth a try for those PS4 owners that have Minecraft on PS3. I have a UK account if that makes a difference.

I got this to last night on the Irish website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

AGoodison wrote: »
    Am I right in saying that to get the velocity plat, you have to purchase the dlc?

No the DLC is different trophies and doesn't contribute to the plat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

I got this to last night on the Irish website

They're charging €19 now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Are you sure its not just the demo of mine craft?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I got minecraft on PC and really....really...can't get into it. Looks monotonous as ****, how do people play this. Must be something I'm missing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

TheDoc wrote: »
    I got minecraft on PC and really....really...can't get into it. Looks monotonous as ****, how do people play this. Must be something I'm missing

Sit down, turn on your favourite music or radio station, and just build whatever the hell you want wherever you want for a few hours. Thats all I ever do in Minecraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

TheDoc wrote: »

Well apart from it being a damn fine sandbox game in its own right, I have a 10 yr old & a 6 yr old who love it. The young lad will build something mad in Minecraft then do his best to recreate it with real lego. And I'm certainly happier for them to be playing something imaginative, appropriately social, and creative than some mindless shooter.

cloud493 wrote: »
    Are you sure its not just the demo of mine craft?

I just looked at the email from sony about purchasing mincraft and it said Full game trial

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

James74 wrote: »

Ya, that's the unlock file. You will also need the full game file as well, which costs €3.99.

If you go straight for the €3.99 file, both download automatically, so they're linked

Sorry can someone confirm for me if i buy the 3.99 minecraft is it the full game upgrade from ps3 as i dont have my ps4 until Tuesday and buying from website

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Sorry can someone confirm for me if i buy the 3.99 minecraft is it the full game upgrade from ps3 as i dont have my ps4 until Tuesday and buying from website

Yes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone played surgeon simulator ? Any good?

Can't figure out the controls...:o

So I gave up on it.:(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Controls are weird, suppose I should read what exactly the controls are then give it another go :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

:D ahhhhh lads..........

Is rogue leagacy worth a go?

:D ahhhhh lads..........

Is rogue leagacy worth a go?

Yes!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

It's a brilliant game. Really addictive.

I'd say I've played it about 90% of the time on Vita but it's still well worth purchasing on a home console.

*adds rogue legacy to wish list*

Dammit, I know this will be a freebie on the PS+ sometime soon so I might hold out on it for the moment and see in a couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Could anybody point in the direction of a good guide to changing my NAT type to open?
    I've tried using portforward.com's ps4 guide but it ain't helping still getting NAT type 2 all the time

I'm using a technicolored router with digiweb

• Advertisement

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Could anybody point in the direction of a good guide to changing my NAT type to open?
    I've tried using portforward.com's ps4 guide but it ain't helping still getting NAT type 2 all the time

I'm using a technicolored router with digiweb

Nat type 2 is perfect.
    Leave it alone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement