Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

F1ngers wrote: »
    Nat type 2 is perfect.
    Leave it alone.

But when I try and play Warframe it's telling me my NAT is strict?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

ItsHoggie wrote: »

NAT type 2 should be ok for playing online, it might not let you join a squad or a game a friend may be in but it should work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Great little game. You will find the time burning away and saying to yourself, just one more go.
    Its perfect for the Vita.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Sometimes happens to me too.
    Nat 2 is ideal.
    However, if you want to mess with it, put your PS4 in the dmz - that will give you Nat 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Anyone played surgeon simulator ? Any good?

Horrible controls

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

tok9 wrote: »
    It's a brilliant game. Really addictive.

I'd say I've played it about 90% of the time on Vita but it's still well worth purchasing on a home console.

If I buy it on vita can I play on ps4 too?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

If I buy it on vita can I play on ps4 too?

Yes.

And it has the best implementation of cross save by a long way.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭garlad

Bought Minecraft for PS3 on PS Store a while back.
    If I buy the PS4 Upgrade (3.99) , will I still be able to play on PS3 too?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

garlad wrote: »
    Bought Minecraft for PS3 on PS Store a while back.
    If I buy the PS4 Upgrade (3.99) , will I still be able to play on PS3 too?

Yeah you still own the PS3 version.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Sometimes happens to me too.
    Nat 2 is ideal.
    However, if you want to mess with it, put your PS4 in the dmz - that will give you Nat 1.

I think I tried that too last night no luck

• Advertisement

I think I tried that too last night no luck

That should work, maybe your setting up the DMZ wrong?

jonny24ie wrote: »
    That should work, maybe your setting up the DMZ wrong?

Idk? How would I set it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Minecraft ps4 has a few problems I've encountered already.
    Floating animals.
    Ecco from the microphone on the camera when playing 2 player that's so bad you have to mute it.
    And it froze and the only way to get it back was to turn off the machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

This demo isn't best representative of minecraft I think. Il wait for the physical release.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Didn't they say last week that minecraft for ps4 wasn't ready yet and wouldn't be out for a few months more?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭bennyl10

iamtony wrote: »
    Minecraft ps4 has a few problems I've encountered already.
    Floating animals.
    Ecco from the microphone on the camera when playing 2 player that's so bad you have to mute it.
    And it froze and the only way to get it back was to turn off the machine.

Floating animals happens enough on the full pc version too though :P

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Floating animals happens enough on the full pc version too though :P

I've never noticed it so much in the ps3 I'm sure it happens but not like this, it's not random it's a certain spot that always has a cow or sheep floating.

I'm a bit disappointed it's not full featured like PC. It really is just the ps3 version with better draw distance and bigger worlds.

Didn't they say last week that minecraft for ps4 wasn't ready yet and wouldn't be out for a few months more?

Yes seems rushed out I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Sorry if this is the wrong thread, but is the PS Network down? Getting maintenance messages this evening, seem to be common enough the last week or so. Pain in the hoop :(

Anyone else got the same problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Wynnie12

Sorry if this is the wrong thread, but is the PS Network down? Getting maintenance messages this evening, seem to be common enough the last week or so. Pain in the hoop :(

Anyone else got the same problem?

Yeah just as I get a bit of spare time to play it's down again. Why are we paying for this service when it's down so much. Xbox was never this bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

It seems like PSN has been down more times in the month that I have been on it, than my entire time on Xbox Live.

Has anyone bought Minecraft on the US store? Is there any negative connotations to buying there with regards to online etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Just bought one today after giving in to a years worth of peer pressure. I don't need food for the rest of the month anyway.. that fcuking wobble will keep my stomach filled with fury.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 IhateScalpers

Keno wrote: »
    It seems like PSN has been down more times in the month that I have been on it, than my entire time on Xbox Live.

Has anyone bought Minecraft on the US store? Is there any negative connotations to buying there with regards to online etc?
    I agree on the point about it seems to be down a fair bit more than it did on live for me to..
    the thing is since you can get live for half the price of ps plus it's not acceptable. .
    still I've bought the Ps4 now so there's not much I can do about it

To be honest, I'll happily accept the odd bit of down time as long as Sony continue to give us games through plus. I know people say we're paying for the network access now but it's really not true, what were paying for is access to PS+ which you need to have in order to play online. When you consider that Xbox owners payed for Live for the best part of a decade and only recently strayed getting games it doesn't seem to bad, especially when you see the poor offerings on Games for Gold. That's rosier expected you to pay simply to use Netflix was a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I know people say we're paying for the network access now but it's really not true, what were paying for is access to PS+ which you need to have in order to play online. When you consider...

When you consider that at one time you'd be shot dead for trying to cross a bridge, paying extortionate tolls really makes sense.

I can't even connect long enough to update the games that I bought with the console

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

To be honest, I'll happily accept the odd bit of down time as long as Sony continue to give us games through plus. I know people say we're paying for the network access now but it's really not true, what were paying for is access to PS+ which you need to have in order to play online.

I'd happily accept the odd bit of downtime too, just seems it's more often than not these days. However you view what we're paying for, we're not getting it. Sure if you can't get online, how are you going to download your PS+ games?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

When you consider that at one time you'd be shot dead for trying to cross a bridge, paying extortionate tolls really makes sense.

I can't even connect long enough to update the games that I bought with the console

I havent been having any connecting to psn issues, certainly not of the type you described where you couldnt even download updates.
    Of course there was the ddos attack, and planned maintenance, other then that are you having issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Has anyone bought the ps3 minecraft and upgraded to ps4 so you get the vita version as cross buy?

Just wondering if i buy the ps3 version do i need to play it to activate it or anything as i dont have a ps3 but it seems the cheapest way to get it for ps4 and vita

phill106 wrote: »
    I havent been having any connecting to psn issues, certainly not of the type you described where you couldnt even download updates.
    Of course there was the ddos attack, and planned maintenance, other then that are you having issues?

I have had any either bar the dos attack and planned maintenance.

• Advertisement

No once you purchase it on PS3 you dont have to play it to activate it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement