Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

When you consider that at one time you'd be shot dead for trying to cross a bridge, paying extortionate tolls really makes sense.

I can't even connect long enough to update the games that I bought with the console
    I'd happily accept the odd bit of downtime too, just seems it's more often than not these days. However you view what we're paying for, we're not getting it. Sure if you can't get online, how are you going to download your PS+ games?!

The only time I've had trouble connecting was during the DDOS attack, I got all this months Plus games downloaded and had no trouble downloading games to the Vita last night when others were complaining about it being down. And even if it had been down, I'm sure one of the dozen of free titles we've got so far this year would have kept me occupied till it returned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Do the people with PSN issues just have crappy internet as I don't have any of these issues and I'm always expecting when I turn it on for it to be down after reading this thread and no their it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

JamboMac wrote:
    Do the people with PSN issues just have crappy internet as I don't have any of these issues and I'm always expecting when I turn it on for it to be down after reading this thread and no their it is.

No

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

If PSN Goes down over people logging on to download Minecraft imagine what it'll be like when something like Destiny comes out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

There will be network issues when destiny launches, it's pretty much guaranteed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    If PSN Goes down over people logging on to download Minecraft imagine what it'll be like when something like Destiny comes out

Destiny will be preloaded by most, I'd imagine so hopefully there'll be no drama there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

To be honest, I'll happily accept the odd bit of down time as long as Sony continue to give us games through plus. I know people say we're paying for the network access now but it's really not true, what were paying for is access to PS+ which you need to have in order to play online. When you consider that Xbox owners payed for Live for the best part of a decade and only recently strayed getting games it doesn't seem to bad, especially when you see the poor offerings on Games for Gold. That's rosier expected you to pay simply to use Netflix was a disgrace.

Meh, the PSN infrastructure is terrible and to be honest, embarrassing for such a big company like Sony. But Sony won't do anything about it cause PS users seem to just accept it despite the fact they pay for it. The system seems fragile and as more devices connect to it, it'll be tested. Perhaps it needs to go offline for another 24 days before people start kicking up a fuss.

I wish PSN was as good as Xbox Live, I really do.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

I think its grand

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I've no idea how good xbox live is but I agree.

We shouldn't be happy just because we get games with plus. Sony should be making the network as stable as possible.

I've no issue when they announce maintenance etc as more than likely that it actually helping but obviously there are times when we should be able to connect and can't.

I've noticed a few people on twitter and neogaf post regarding it and tweeting Shu etc. So I wouldn't say we're happy to accept it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Hmmm playing in Australia must have its advantages for once. I have only once in the year i've had a PS3 and the couple months I've had PS4 had to play offline. This was the DDoS attack.

Aside from that I'm always able to get online at the times I play the PS4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

irishmover wrote: »
    Hmmm playing in Australia must have its advantages for once. I have only once in the year i've had a PS3 and the couple months I've had PS4 had to play offline. This was the DDoS attack.

Aside from that I'm always able to get online at the times I play the PS4.

The maintenance is probably happening when you are a sleep :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Benzino wrote: »
    The maintenance is probably happening when you are a sleep :)

Yeh normally it's in Australia's prime time for most online games. So while EU is asleep... Suck it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

JamboMac wrote: »

Speeds of 100 download, 10 upload and a good ping. It's not that.
    The only time I've had trouble connecting was during the DDOS attack, I got all this months Plus games downloaded and had no trouble downloading games to the Vita last night when others were complaining about it being down. And even if it had been down, I'm sure one of the dozen of free titles we've got so far this year would have kept me occupied till it returned.

As mentioned by someone else, I don't recall having this many issues in such a short timespan with XBL. I don't bother with the free games (yet! :) ), but I want to play online. I'm happy enough to pay to do so (I know no different, coming from XBL), but I've had issues maybe four times in the last 3 weeks trying to get on. Ok, in the grand scheme of things 4 days out of approx 28 isn't a massive amount, but I wouldn't try to play every day either so it's big enough. I also don't buy your earlier argument about paying for the PS+ and not network access, you're paying for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Is the network still down? I can't get on the store from my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

iamtony wrote: »

When was it down? I was on it last night, seemed fine.
    Store is up atm
    https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/
    cant check on my phone as i left it at home, but http://downdetector.co.uk/problems/playstation-network seems up

iamtony wrote: »

Must be just you, PSN is online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Over the past week or so I've been losing connection sporadically too. Very flaky service since the last maintenance.

Batesy wrote: »
    Over the past week or so I've been losing connection sporadically too. Very flaky service since the last maintenance.

There hasn't been any reported problems for the last week apart from last night for 2 hours, may be on your side.....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

phill106 wrote: »
    I havent been having any connecting to psn issues, certainly not of the type you described where you couldnt even download updates.
    Of course there was the ddos attack, and planned maintenance, other then that are you having issues?

Seems fine today. My internet is pretty decent and I had no problem connecting to the internet last night, but I kept getting signed out of PSN every 10 minutes when trying to download the required updates.

Actually connecting to PSN in the first case wasn't the issue, staying connected was.

Very strange when I click on the store from your link it tells me store currently unavailable but it just logged in from the ps4 and it's all good thanks.

• Advertisement

I read somewhere everyone downloading and playing minecraft caused a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

tok9 wrote: »
    I've no idea how good xbox live is but I agree.

We shouldn't be happy just because we get games with plus. Sony should be making the network as stable as possible.

I've no issue when they announce maintenance etc as more than likely that it actually helping but obviously there are times when we should be able to connect and can't.

I've noticed a few people on twitter and neogaf post regarding it and tweeting Shu etc. So I wouldn't say we're happy to accept it.

Better than this, I've been on live for 3 years and can only remember it being down on a couple of occasions, 3 weeks on PS4 and PSN has been down 3 or 4 times already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

I can only remember having problems with Xbox Live like 2-3 times in the space of 4-5 years and I would be logged in nearly everyday, I thought that's why they started to charge people for PS + was to improve the whole Online aspect of PS4?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Right so I tried pre ordering fifa 15 on the American store for some reason it keeps saying there's a problem with the address on my card.

I'm using an American address I got online it's a proper address and everything and it confirms without any issues in the settings.

I tried PayPal also but that gave me same error any ideas?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Right so I tried pre ordering fifa 15 on the American store for some reason it keeps saying there's a problem with the address on my card.

I'm using an American address I got online it's a proper address and everything and it confirms without any issues in the settings.

I tried PayPal also but that gave me same error any ideas?

You have to use your actual address thats associated with the credit card.
    It checks the billing address is the same as the ordering address.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Has anyone tried on here ebay for downloadable PS4 games for around €22? Seller appears to be from Croatia. Plenty of positive feedback.

Might try NBA2K14 & report back tomorrow.

F1ngers wrote: »
    You have to use your actual address thats associated with the credit card.
    It checks the billing address is the same as the ordering address.

It's an American psn account so when it goes to putting an address in for my card it only let's me pick United States. Plus my PayPal is my real address to and that's not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Deadly Derek

is it ok to play the us fifa 15 before our release date on your own psn account or do you get in sh1t for it??

is it ok to play the us fifa 15 before our release date on your own psn account or do you get in sh1t for it??

I dunno I wondered that meself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Deadly Derek

I dunno I wondered that meself.

yea hopefully someone here will know since a lot of people use the us psn..
    I have a us account myself but haven't got as far as buying a game on it yet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement