Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Remote Play with the Vita is an absolute god send. I'd say I'd have played nothing this week without it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

lertsnim wrote: »
    Remote Play with the Vita is an absolute god send. I'd say I'd have played nothing this week without it

It's cool alright, but i just find it awkward without the L2 and R2 buttons, just takes some getting used to i suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I love it. Play the Assassin's Creed missions on the tele, do the collectables on the Vita. Works perfectly for me.

Even tried Blacklight Retribution, but got mangled online.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I played one game of BF4 multiplayer with Soby on a 2MB (probably 1MB really) in Kerry connecting to a PS4 in London :P

It actually worked but the pixels were all over the place. Managed to get 2 kills and defuse a bomb so I was happy out :D

Think I'll wait for some faster internet before trying that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Flight From Death

Can anyone tell me which is the quickest way to find out when and where the PS4 is in stock in Ireland? Places I've been to have been telling me they expect to get them in around February but I want to know exactly when they will be available.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Can anyone tell me which is the quickest way to find out when and where the PS4 is in stock in Ireland? Places I've been to have been telling me they expect to get them in around February but I want to know exactly when they will be available.

None of the stores will be able to tell you exactly when there will be stock.
    Even less chance random people on forums will know.

Keep phoning/visiting shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Fiddlex

hallo dare wrote: »
    I use Turtle beach px21,great for chat and in game audio

Can you use the mute switch and volume controls with it? I'm looking for a mic with them

• Registered Users Posts: 30 thedeadp0et

My Auntie was able to have one for Christmas Day by ordering off Amazon, so thats what I'm going to go ahead with.
    I'm guessing this isnt an option for you Flight From Death?

February is what I heard from all the GameStops FYI.

€349 for the console alone.
    I'm thinking Battlefield 4 and a Netflix subscription might be the best for the moment.

Fiddlex wrote: »
    Can you use the mute switch and volume controls with it? I'm looking for a mic with them

on the headset itself? yeah, google them, you'll see all they can do.

Is it normal for the ps4 fans to go fast at startup and then decrease when its loaded up everything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Fiddlex wrote: »
    Is it normal for the ps4 fans to go fast at startup and then decrease when its loaded up everything?

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Anyone find the connection to wifi to be terrible, hitting 48% where ps3 was in 80's

astonaidan wrote: »
    Anyone find the connection to wifi to be terrible, hitting 48% where ps3 was in 80's

found it to be quite good actually. my router is upstairs and has to penetrate 3 walls to get to the ps4,getting a wifi signal of 93% and no online gaming issues. Router is a cisco linksys running ddwrt, just for comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

lertsnim wrote: »

Its a shame that it does not work too well in my house. :( When I am in bed I get way too much interference. I tried getting Wifi repeater, but thats a whole other horror story.

I cant really change my rooters location as ps4 is directly connected in to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

hallo dare wrote: »
    found it to be quite good actually. my router is upstairs and has to penetrate 3 walls to get to the ps4,getting a wifi signal of 93% and no online gaming issues. Router is a cisco linksys running ddwrt, just for comparison.
    Running Ciscos linksys with ddwrt myself has four walls, so strange mine is so crap :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

astonaidan wrote: »

Mine is 92% on PS4 and 90% on PS3 through 2 walls.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Its a shame that it does not work too well in my house. :( When I am in bed I get way too much interference. I tried getting Wifi repeater, but thats a whole other horror story.

I cant really change my rooters location as ps4 is directly connected in to it.

If you are in your house shouldn't you be connecting directly to the ps4?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

I recently upgraded my router to one with two antennae which has increased the signal strength by around 25%. But while I had the old router with one antenna I used one of these to boost the signal. Looks a bit weird but it actually worked for me.

I recently upgraded my router to one with two antennae which has increased the signal strength by around 25%. But while I had the old router with one antenna I used one of these to boost the signal. Looks a bit weird but it actually worked for me.

a coke can works too! :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Grayditch wrote: »
    On 81%. I checked how much free space I have, just to be sure. 301gb, so it's not an issue of making space. Ah sure, it'll be done in the next 3 hours or whatever, just annoyed as I had more time to play it yesterday, than I do today.

Something to cheer you up http://t.co/kKLFvxhwk3

• Advertisement

Soby wrote: »
    Something to cheer you up http://t.co/kKLFvxhwk3

I got stuck in a loop of creating a carachter and it not saving and resetting to the character creation screen over and over. Almost axe-kicked the PS4 in half, but it eventually let me play :)

Grayditch wrote: »
    I got stuck in a loop of creating a carachter and it not saving and resetting to the character creation screen over and over. Almost axe-kicked the PS4 in half, but it eventually let me play :)

Ye happened me to me just there starting up for the first time , 2nd time it said couldnt connect to server but then went to the menu

Oh and another 5K :)https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BcmbxoaCEAAHBh1.jpg:large

Add us for a few games whenever :) , (If the servers even work )

Add me there, PSN: Snorkledork, but it'll be a while before I play online, I haven't played a basketball game since NBA JAM...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

my cousin got his PS4 at xmas. it first worked fine but since yesterday evening, he cant sign in even though his broadband is working fine. i told him to turn it on and off until it fixes and even to do internet connection tests and still no luck in being able to sign in.

the ps4 is upstairs and has no reason to have a low signal so i doubt its that as the ps3 and his laptop etc work fine there...is it a problem on sonys end? as even for myself, i had to turn the ps4 off and back on to be able sign in once or twice since xmas eve

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

tok9 wrote: »
    If you are in your house shouldn't you be connecting directly to the ps4?

Huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

MarkY91 wrote: »
    my cousin got his PS4 at xmas. it first worked fine but since yesterday evening, he cant sign in even though his broadband is working fine. i told him to turn it on and off until it fixes and even to do internet connection tests and still no luck in being able to sign in.

the ps4 is upstairs and has no reason to have a low signal so i doubt its that as the ps3 and his laptop etc work fine there...is it a problem on sonys end? as even for myself, i had to turn the ps4 off and back on to be able sign in once or twice since xmas eve

It's on Sony's end, PSN has been hammered for the last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Huh?

You can set it so the PS4 makes it's own vita dedicated Wifi network, if the PS4 is nearer then try that but if both are right by each other it won't help unless your router is the cause of your issues.

you getting kicked back to the menu each time you upgrade a attribute ?

Does everything work OK with buying games with a US psn to use on an Irish one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Ok folks, last night i was setting up my mates PS4 with his new 55" LG (not even a gamer, wheres the fairness!). The internet in his house is alright, eircom. Works perfect with his PC through Homeplug, and perfect through wifi with his phone, my phone, a laptop (streaming HD) and an iPad.

PS4 was working grand initially, downloaded an update for Madden 25 (wifi) but it dropped the connection not too long after, and since haven't been able to connect. Can't even play films as it can't connect to activate the player (a serious WTF?!). Tried the homeplug, either times out (CE-33984-7) or obtains the IP address and fails on internet connection (Ce-33991-5). Tried using static ips, no help.

His LG Smart TV can't connect through wifi or homeplug either. Can't try it directly to the modem as it's in the hallway and too far from everything. What was strange was we could watch NFL Game Pass through the laptop connected to wifi...

I was thinking it could be a router issue, as it's a fairly old eircom router, but my phone connected fine and it was a relatively new "connection" to his wifi network.

Same again this morning, cannot obtain ip address. Any ideas?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement